August 5th Roster Churn

Jville

Reaction score
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta

Seahawks waived/injured Dion Bailey to make room for Trey Wolfe. Bailey hurt ankle Saturday.

Twitter link >>> [urltargetblank]https://twitter.com/bcondotta[/urltargetblank]

Uthawk

Reaction score
Wolfe had a nice backflip IIRC. I can't remember much else about him from camp

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Wolfe is one of those sneaky Schneider/Carroll prospects like a Brandon Browner. If he clicks, he could be a great find and story over the next couple years. If he came in at the same time Browner did, I think he'd easily make the team, however, our depth is so much depthier, that it's tough for all the players that might need a year or more of developing to stick around long enough to realize their value on game days.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bailey added again later as well.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Sucks to see Bailey injured but nice to see Trey Wolfe's back. Nice story, had a really good rookie camp and his highlights were pretty cool too. I think he averaged a pick every other game in college or something crazy like that.

[youtube]xwndGqZYrsw[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uthawk":15kltpoj said:
Wolfe had a nice backflip IIRC. I can't remember much else about him from camp

First play he got torched by Richardson for a TD and got screamed at by Kris Richards. Welcome to the Hawks!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wow, dude high points with his head around like Sherman and at 1:50 looks like he accelerates like Harvin. What kind of speed does this guy have?

A little tutelage under the LOB and he might be a force although he looks a little small.

Maybe a punt returner???

Hmmm, intriguing.

- bsd

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Looking around it looks like a 4.23 40. I bet he gets burned by good receivers though.

Watching his films, it looks like he is used to being able to quickly diagnose DII receiver routes then he gets his head around really early in the route. Too early for the NFL though. I bet even an average NFL receiver will be able to get him trapped. Sell the deep route then cut as soon as Wolfe looks back.

Still an intriguing diamond in the rough.

- bsd

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3dqimvhs said:
An intriguing prospect, and some crazy catches, but a lot of those catches were off really bad throws, like horrible, horrible throws that should have never happened. We'll see.

Couldn't the same be said of a lot of Sherman's picks?

It should be fun seeing him compete against guys like Kearse for jump balls.
Nice highlight reel... looks like he read what was coming AND physically made the play. Yeah, it was DII, but still, he made the play. No Kelly Jennings here!

His int returns seemed to suck though, or maybe the blocking on his returns sucked. Truth be known, most times there was no return due to college rules, as he went to the ground in making the pick and thus was down at the spot. In the pros he can get up and run, so we'll see...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He's a long shot to make the team, but if he manages to stick, he will be turnover machine. Wish we would have had room for Darren Fells last season. Looks like he might survive Arizona's final cut.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Funny, but I have this sense that Bailey wiill be back , but perhaps on the PS.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Wolfe was cut this morning. They signed Michael Dobson.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Basis4day":1s0fnhps said:

Well, for Wolfe it was a great ride while it lasted. Both days.
Still love his DIII highlights reel.

Anyone have a guess at a ranked list of Wolfe's biggest shortcomings are that got him shown the door?
Too small? Too slow? Diva me-first attitude?

Basis4day

Reaction score
olyfan63":3l6zay2o said:
Basis4day":3l6zay2o said:

Well, for Wolfe it was a great ride while it lasted. Both days.
Still love his DIII highlights reel.

Anyone have a guess at a ranked list of Wolfe's biggest shortcomings are that got him shown the door?
Too small? Too slow? Diva me-first attitude?

He didn't play well the one day he was here on a stacked DB team? It's really that simple.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":irraimmo said:
Wolfe is one of those sneaky Schneider/Carroll prospects like a Brandon Browner. If he clicks, he could be a great find and story over the next couple years. If he came in at the same time Browner did, I think he'd easily make the team, however, our depth is so much depthier, that it's tough for all the players that might need a year or more of developing to stick around long enough to realize their value on game days.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bailey added again later as well.

The use of "depthier" gave me a little chuckle