I'm Officially Worried about Richardson

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Has the dude practiced an entire week yet? Red shirted today.

All this talk about him putting on 20 lbs of muscle and bulking up to absorb NFL hits better doesn't seem to matter, he's now been on the sideline often during OTA's and now camp. How's he going to survive 16 games?

brettb3

Reaction score
I don't know. I'm just happy he's on the field today, even if he's in red.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He's working his way back into practice. Red shirt means he's practicing but in a "no contact" capacity. He's making progress.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Because other teams don't hit as hard as Seattle does?

DeSean Jackson is a twig. He seems to do OK. Sure, Richardson will probably miss a few games here or there, but I think he'll adapt.

I hope so, at least.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fkhxosl said:
Has the dude practiced an entire week yet? Red shirted today.

All this talk about him putting on 20 lbs of muscle and bulking up to absorb NFL hits better doesn't seem to matter, he's now been on the sideline often during OTA's and now camp. How's he going to survive 16 games?
Settle down, Beavis. You have to proceed with extra caution with shoulder injuries. He can still run routes, catch passes, get mental reps, etc.....they just don't want him taking any contact for now. Not a huge deal.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1o9vzrg3 said:
He's working his way back into practice. Red shirt means he's practicing but in a "no contact" capacity. He's making progress.

I know what red shirt means, that's why I mentioned it. It's not a good thing, it's a sign that he has hard time making it through contact drills.

brettb3

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2r7u41ex said:
DavidSeven":2r7u41ex said:

I know what red shirt means, that's why I mentioned it. It's not a good thing, it's a sign that he has hard time making it through contact drills.
It is a good thing. He hadn't been practicing at all the previous few days. It means he's progressing.

Largent80

Reaction score
Every year there are injuries. we had the depth to overcome them last year.

It is a wait and see if we can do it this year. Just keep enjoying last year, and savor it.

Okung and Chancellor are in pads and working, that is good news correct?

Yxes1122

Reaction score
More concerned now that Bates limped off the practice field and Norwood looks to be headed to IR.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lpn8wmp said:
DavidSeven":1lpn8wmp said:

Considering he didn't practice at all in the previous session, a "red shirt" practice is a sign of progress, not bad news.

drdiags

Reaction score
This should put the OP's mind at ease:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/496371182091137024[/tweet]

Maybe not ... training camp. Just get it over already.

skater18000

Reaction score
drdiags":2w3gpgmf said:
This should put the OP's mind at ease:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/496371182091137024[/tweet]

Maybe not ... training camp. Just get it over already.

Oh come on!!!!

McGruff

Reaction score
I would wager that the vast majority of these injuries are the kind that would not keep these players out of games in the regular season. No reason to practice injured until the games matter.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
brettb3":1g5nk0h3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1g5nk0h3 said:
DavidSeven":1g5nk0h3 said:

It is a good thing. He hadn't been practicing at all the previous few days. It means he's progressing.

How is hadn't been practicing a good thing? It just proves my point that Richardson can't make it through even one week of contact drills.

We need the guy to be more than just a 3rd and long threat and decoy, and so far his full participation route running has led to numerous sideline watching sessions.

I need to see Richardson get through a couple weeks of practice without being hurt to talk me down off this ledge.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38gwsv7z said:
brettb3":38gwsv7z said:
Sgt. Largent":38gwsv7z said:
DavidSeven":38gwsv7z said:

How is hadn't been practicing a good thing? It just proves my point that Richardson can't make it through even one week of contact drills.

We need the guy to be more than just a 3rd and long threat and decoy, and so far his full participation route running has led to numerous sideline watching sessions.

I need to see Richardson get through a couple weeks of practice without being hurt to talk me down off this ledge.

So what you're saying is nothing will convince you because you don't want to listen. Got it; might as well end the thread.

General Manager

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":lzbu4qoc said:
brettb3":lzbu4qoc said:
Sgt. Largent":lzbu4qoc said:
DavidSeven":lzbu4qoc said:

Your entitled to be concerned about him imo. His draft profile clearly states staying healthy at the next level with his frame could be difficult common sense tells you the same thing. It's to early to say but the early indicators aren't encouraging.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1y2n7qew said:
So what you're saying is nothing will convince you because you don't want to listen. Got it; might as well end the thread.

Nope, so far no one's said anything convincing. Richardson wearing the red jersey today is not a good point in your counter argument. "He was hurt!, but now he's back with a red jersey! see! all is well!"