Seahawks Season tix; lost or just an odd way to send them?

heffmanhere

Reaction score
I've been a season ticket holder for many years....My address has remained the same during those years too...

On Monday I received an email that the tix were shipped

I live in Vancouver, BC

I just logged on to see where they were in the process and this is what I saw:

Where's your package?
Tracking Number:
Tracking history
30/07/2014 10:50 AM ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) Processed Through Sort Facility
30/07/2014 10:50 AM ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) Arrived at Sort Facility
29/07/2014 3:45 AM KENT, WA 98032 Departed USPS Facility
28/07/2014 6:22 PM KENT, WA 98032 Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
28/07/2014 5:07 PM SEATTLE, WA 98168 Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Question 1) Any idea why they are going farther south each day?
Question 2) Should I be concerned?
Question 3) If this is normal, I'd love to know from a logistics expert why they wouldn't just push them north from the get go.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
ISC is an international customs sorting facility

It is very common for mail to be routed to whoever has capacity and/or whoever is responsible for the destination region

I've seen the ISC in San Francisco be used for Canada parcels before

I would not worry about it in the slightest

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can't explain your particular situation, but living in Alaska and ordering through places like Amazon, I've seen some really interesting journey's for packages depending on who the shipper was. They all have a base set of routes and the majority of packages are sent on these main route lines until they reach one that services the final destination. Just guessing, I'd assume that San Francisco services Vancouver for whomever is delivering your tickets. I'd assume that your tickets would go from San Francisco to Vancouver next.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'd be worried about a customs guy in SF being a Niner fan sending you an extra gift in your box.

;)

tooshort

Reaction score
Seems stupid, but at least It's made it through an ISC (international service center) so it's headed your way.

I would guess that some Jackwagon sorted it into the CA (california) mail because CAnaduh! :shock:

USPS can be hilarious, My business sent an insured package to Cali and though the town name was right the zip was wrong (8 instead of 5). My customer called weeks later ,irate, and when I tracked the package it had gone from one town (right name wrong zip) to the other (wrong name right zip) 17 times, good ol american efficiency!!

OP
OP
H

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Good advice folks, much appreciated...

As for the Niner's fan in SF Customs, I'd be shocked if he can even read so I think I'm probably safe from any hi-jinx :)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
One year my tickets were shipped from Toronto to Kentucky before they finally made it to the great state of Washington, but they made it here okay.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2uzhqg9l said:
One year my tickets were shipped from Toronto to Kentucky before they finally made it to the great state of Washington, but they made it here okay.

For the individual package it doesn't make sense when they use hubs, but for the overall process it does. I mean think about how many times you've taken a flight only to go in the opposite direction of where you need to go causing more flying time overall because you need to get to that airline's hub and then route back out to where you're trying to go.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I live in Vancouver too and got the exact same message. We will either both be screwed or pleasantly surprised!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mine say they have been printed by the box office, but no e-mail yet, and nothing STILL has shown up.
My rep said they are on their way eventually. Ugh

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
A relative had a package delivered from spokane to Iowa back to the tri cities then home. Yep Took the long way around.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Shipping is screwy that way. I've ordered stuff from Amazon, seen it routed from the Amazon warehouse in Seattle, down to California, back to Kentucky, up to Illinois, and then back to Seattle to me. I could have walked there and picked it up in less time.

You should be fine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Finally got my e-mail this morning, and they are sitting at the post office right now. Took forever, but oh well, just glad they finally rolled in.

A

Anonymous

As long as your package doesn't rattle, like it has a bottle of mail-order pain meds in it, I'd say you're pretty safe.

:thcoffee:

iigakusei

Reaction score
Just a warning for my Canadian friends...there was a mixup with the Seahawks and Canada Post so you will probably get charged for shipping - contact your ticket broker and they will re-imburse you.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I finally got my tickets here in the Great White North, after they had been on a 2 week journey with UPS to San Fran and back again to Seattle before getting hung up at the border b/c as my ticket agent said the Seahawks had messed up and forgot to deal with the customs issues prior to sending the tickets out. I frankly blame UPS who couldn't find their rear end in the dark with a flashlight and should have immediately realized the shipping mistake. Avoid sending anything to Canada by UPS as they are incompetent.

Worse still I got a bill for $61.51 from Canada Post for customs clearance and postal charges that my ticket agent said would be credited to the card the tickets were purchased with this spring. I was promised this mistake won't happen again.