Michael blocking

oasis

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that C-note's receiving skills were strong in camp, but I have no idea how he'd fair picking up blocks, etc. Did anybody see anything in camp regarding his blocking ability?
Thanks

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
C-Mike's blocking and assignment recognition IMO is still why Turbin's ahead of him on the depth chart.

Russell mentioned how good Turbin has picked up all aspects of the RB position again this morning in his interview with Brock and Salk..........and he has total confidence with Turbin as the #1 back. He didn't even mention Michael until the end of the statement.

This tells me all of us that think Michael is should get or will get the majority of the snaps in Lynch's absence is wrong. Sure sounds like it's Turbin #1, and Michael #2 at this point.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I was at camp last Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday in a drill where the QB drops back and the back picks up the rusher and keeps him away from the QB, I watched Brock Coyle.... Brock Coyle.... come through and completely put C-Mike on his back. My first response was "Damn....I hope Beast comes back soon."

With all that said, It was training camp day 3, I am sure C-Mike will correct that and get it together. To me (on day 3) it looked like he's thinking about it too much instead of just feasting!

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
From hearing from the coaches at how hard C-Mike has worked this off-season and committed to getting better, it is only a matter of time until he grasps the blocking. C-Mike has to know that blocking is what will get him on the field.

olyfan63

Reaction score
pugs1":11yz6k7j said:
On the positive tip Brock Coyle has been turning heads!

Yeah, I'm thinking this Brock Coyle dude played an active role in putting C-Mike on his back.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
olyfan63":4viihft2 said:
pugs1":4viihft2 said:
On the positive tip Brock Coyle has been turning heads!

Yeah, I'm thinking this Brock Coyle dude played an active role in putting C-Mike on his back.

I have to say Coyle looks like a stud, everything he does, he's leaving it out all on the field, 200-300%.

With Toomer side-lined, I like Coyle's chance of making the team, with his ability to play MLB and WLB and likely excel on Special Teams, I wonder if Heath Farwell should be watching his back.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dbsn2420":2rzle1tt said:
I was at camp last Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday in a drill where the QB drops back and the back picks up the rusher and keeps him away from the QB, I watched Brock Coyle.... Brock Coyle.... come through and completely put C-Mike on his back. My first response was "Damn....I hope Beast comes back soon."

With all that said, It was training camp day 3, I am sure C-Mike will correct that and get it together. To me (on day 3) it looked like he's thinking about it too much instead of just feasting!
In case you haven't paid attention, Coyle has been an absolute beast so far. He has been the surprise of camp according to Ken Norton Jr. Norton said the guy has 'speed, strength, smarts and nastiness/toughness.' Sounds like an absolute steal.