Cassius Marsh

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Cassius Marsh is my rookie to watch this yr. Marsh was a former 300lb DT so he knows the game in the trenches and how to succeed in the trenches. He later slimmed down for the outside DE/5-tech so he can set the edge against OT and has short area quickness. Marsh was 255 when he was drafted but has been working on adding muscle in the offseason and is up close to 270. Cassius Marsh also has been working with trainer Jay Glazer in training MMA for a few years which means he has advanced his hand fighting and use of leverage more than most rookies. Marsh seems to have that dog in him that u need to thrive in Seattle's locker room and especially its defense.

Giblien

Reaction score
I'll be watching him too. I was excited when we drafted him.

sutz

Reaction score
Sounds good. With our off-season losses, the DL is a bit of a concern, and we need the young guys to step up and contribute. I'm not worried, just curious to see who goes big and who has to go home.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I think the nickel D line will look like this. LDE-Scruggs,LDT-Bennett,RDT-Marsh,RDE-Avril. I think these players bring a unique blend of speed,power,and ability to split gaps/run stunts. Big things happening this year.

General Manager

Reaction score
Marsh played all over the line but last year he slimmed down and played mostly outside at DE. He's a DE/LEO at least that's what they have told us.He's listed as a DE at 268 according to UCLA website for last season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":1lcx69mj said:
I think the nickel D line will look like this. LDE-Scruggs,LDT-Bennett,RDT-Marsh,RDE-Avril. I think these players bring a unique blend of speed,power,and ability to split gaps/run stunts. Big things happening this year.
I think it's gonna be like a feeding frenzy this Year.
Lots of talent, lots of speed.

General Manager

Reaction score
That line was lethal especially at the end of the season and in the playoffs and of course the SB. I think they will be even better this year Avril and Bennett are in there second season . We added Marsh and Jeffcoat, Mayowa looked promising last year. We are loaded.

drdevin

Reaction score
A buddy of mine who works for the Seahawks as mentioned to me a couple of times now that Marsh has him more excited then any other rookie. He thinks that Marsh has "a little crazy" in him. I think he and P-Rich are one's to watch out of this class for sure

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score

suppaball

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1um96es0 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXvNpUhC4uQ

This you tube shows him catching passes as well. Around the 1:30 mark he is either lined up at full back or TE and makes two nice grabs.
Is it just me or does he look an hellova lot like Jared Allen?

cacksman

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":29fh5rbi said:

No way Scruggs is in at end over Irvin if he's healthy.

Giblien

Reaction score
drdevin":3zcckzqd said:
A buddy of mine who works for the Seahawks as mentioned to me a couple of times now that Marsh has him more excited then any other rookie. He thinks that Marsh has "a little crazy" in him. I think he and P-Rich are one's to watch out of this class for sure

Oh that makes me happy...VERY happy. :)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
@johnpboyle: Granted they haven't even put pads on yet, but right now Cassius Marsh is looking like a steal of a 4th-round pick. #Seahawks

@johnpboyle: ... and Marsh getting some first-team reps today both in base and nickel.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":17xec8pl said:
ImTheScientist":17xec8pl said:
King Dog":17xec8pl said:

WOW...thats crazy he can pack on that much weight.

Marsh was a over weight freshman who made himself into a beast in 4 yrs.
I was really lit up when we drafted Marsh, I think his tenacity will fit right in with this Seahawks Defense.
Sure wish we could find a Fullback that size, and with that kind of rhino mean.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Brian Nemhauser @ HawkBlogger thought Marsh looked "promising." On the flip side, he said rookie RT Justin Britt struggled, which was to be expected for a first-year OT:

Not a good day for Justin Britt
Britt was running with the first string for the second straight day as Michael Bowie took it easy due to an injury. It was not pretty. Britt got beat with speed and beat with power. He appears to have trouble staying balanced in pass protection. He ended a number of plays on the ground as he would over or under stride, resulting in either him tripping or needing to lunge as a last gasp effort to block his man. Marsh, Michael Bennett, and Cliff Avril took turns giving the rookie a hard time. Avril, especially, had his way. This was disappointing because the hope was that Britt would be a better pass protector than Bowie. Early indications do not make that look likely. Let's see if the rookie can bounce back.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/

He sounded more excited about rookie OT Garry Gilliam:

Gilliam did well in pass rush drills, even against a guy like Avril. One play stood out. It is typical in these drills for the tackles to kick-step sideways or backwards to give some ground as the pass rusher tries to get around them. Gilliam stepped forward, into Avril and appeared to surprise him by jolting Avril backwards.