#! Selling Jersey?,....Really!

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:49 am

Re: #! Selling Jersey?,....Really!
Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:56 am

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:58 am
  • Cleveland hadn't had anything to cheer for in forever. I'll bet 75% of those are in Ohio.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 pm
  • The Rams have to be pumped, they finally have a jersey selling in the top ten!
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:25 pm
  • Seahawks have:

Wilson - #2
    Sherman - #5
    #12 - #10
    Marshawn - #11
    Thomas - #20

So out of the top 20 the Seahawks have 25% of the top sellers. Honestly, did you ever think that would happen? I never did.
    drcool
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:27 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Cleveland hadn't had anything to cheer for in forever. I'll bet 75% of those are in Ohio.

Bingo. Just like 75% of Wilson jersey sales were in the NW after the SB.

Manziel IMO is a less talented version of RG3, can make amazing plays but won't be smart and go down and/or avoid contact like Russell does to stay upright.

If he does beat out Hoyer (which isn't going to be easy), then I don't think he's going to last long, not with the reckless way he plays.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:44 pm
  • I was living in Denver when Tebow was drafted and had the #1 jersey before playing a snap. Be happy you're not a hawks fan in Cleveland ;)
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:50 pm
  • In fairness. Most people bought their Seahawks Jersey during the season, pre SB, and post SB. During this time, I'd fully expect people to be buying draft jerseys. Nothing wrong with that
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:23 pm
  • drcool wrote:Seahawks have:

Wilson - #2
    Sherman - #5
    #12 - #10
    Marshawn - #11
    Thomas - #20

So out of the top 20 the Seahawks have 25% of the top sellers. Honestly, did you ever think that would happen? I never did.

Nope. And I don't think I've ever looked at one of these lists and saw five players (including good ol' #12) from the same team in the top 20 either.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:32 pm
  • Never been to CentuyrLink, so I wasn't sure if adults actually purchased and wore those "12 Fan" jerseys; or if they were just gags. I guess this answers that question, wow. Good for Mr. Allen.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:40 pm
  • Love the 12 jersey and hate "fan" on the back. It is very impersonal. I know you can customize them but they should leave them blank.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 pm
  • SPOHAWK wrote:Manziel...Really!? Stiil couple of hawks, but Manziel hasn't even played a game...lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ine-store/

All I have to do is laugh at this..you cant even be upset...

Going to be alot of pissed off people in a year or two when Manziel is out of the league.
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:20 pm
  • SPOHAWK wrote:Manziel...Really!? Stiil couple of hawks, but Manziel hasn't even played a game...lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ine-store/

Hey at least Manziel was a first round pick. Sam was one of the last picks in the draft and look how high he is on the list before playing a snap. When was the last time that happened?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:04 pm
  • Is this in the last month or so? If so, his is new...we already got and have had ours :th2thumbs:
    hawksmode
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:12 pm
  • He bought them himself. Signing autographs on them....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:50 pm
  • kobebryant wrote:Never been to CentuyrLink, so I wasn't sure if adults actually purchased and wore those "12 Fan" jerseys; or if they were just gags. I guess this answers that question, wow. Good for Mr. Allen.

Funny, because I always find it weird when a grown man wears a jersey with another man's name on the back of it. The 12 Jersey is our uniform.*

*That said, I still like my Hass, Kitna, Largent, and TJack ($5 at JC Penney) jerseys.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:43 am
  • Funny how the Vikes fans are buying up the Teddy Bridgewater jerseys and if I'm not mistaken he is not even the starter. Also funny how he is 13 while Luck is 20 on the list.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:38 am
  • seabowl wrote:Funny how the Vikes fans are buying up the Teddy Bridgewater jerseys and if I'm not mistaken he is not even the starter. Also funny how he is 13 while Luck is 20 on the list.

To be fair, go back in Seahawk history and see how many Rick Mirer, Dan McGwire and Kelly Stouffer jerseys were sold. I'd bet those sales spiked after the draft.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:43 am
  • kobebryant wrote:Never been to CentuyrLink, so I wasn't sure if adults actually purchased and wore those "12 Fan" jerseys; or if they were just gags. I guess this answers that question, wow. Good for Mr. Allen.

It's all just personal choice. But yes, tons of adults buy and wear the "12 Fan" jersey.
    I'm in my 50s and I have an elite home version and a Grey limited.

Edit: on a side note. I have a weird thing about players jerseys, I have a fear of getting a chance to meet Earl but I'm wearing Kam or Richards jersey.
    I saw a clip one time of Earl telling one of the other guys " I gotta get some more 29s up there" he was taking about jerseys in the stands.
    I don't think it plays a big role in the players lives but I do think they know what's up.
    Last edited by pmedic920 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:Never been to CentuyrLink, so I wasn't sure if adults actually purchased and wore those "12 Fan" jerseys; or if they were just gags. I guess this answers that question, wow. Good for Mr. Allen.

It's all just personal choice. But yes, tons of adults buy and wear the "12 Fan" jersey.
    I'm in my 50s, my stache is in it's 60's and I have an elite home version and a Grey limited.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:48 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    seabowl wrote:Funny how the Vikes fans are buying up the Teddy Bridgewater jerseys and if I'm not mistaken he is not even the starter. Also funny how he is 13 while Luck is 20 on the list.

To be fair, go back in Seahawk history and see how many Rick Mirer, Dan McGwire and Kelly Stouffer jerseys were sold. I'd bet those sales spiked after the draft.

Wonder how many Wilson jerseys were purchased within the first three months of him being drafted? I think "In With Flynn" was the motto back then.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 am
  • seabowl wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    seabowl wrote:Funny how the Vikes fans are buying up the Teddy Bridgewater jerseys and if I'm not mistaken he is not even the starter. Also funny how he is 13 while Luck is 20 on the list.

Wonder how many Wilson jerseys were purchased within the first three months of him being drafted? I think "In With Flynn" was the motto back then.

I saw quite a few Wilson jerseys after he was drafted.........but nowhere near the amount of Flynn jerseys.

The NFL should mark jerseys like fine art or paintings, so everyone can see when you jumped on board. "Russell Wilson first edition jersey 57/4000."
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:03 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:Never been to CentuyrLink, so I wasn't sure if adults actually purchased and wore those "12 Fan" jerseys; or if they were just gags. I guess this answers that question, wow. Good for Mr. Allen.

I'm in my 50s, my stache is in it's 60's and I have an elite home version and a Grey limited.

I see what you did there. :{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 am

The 12 jersey seems kinda cheesy to me, but I can see the appeal of it.

Very rarely does a player stay with the same team very long in the NFL, so it makes sense to not want to spend $100 on a jersey with a player's name on the back.

IMO classic is the way to go. Can't go wrong with a Largent, Zorn, etc.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:19 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:

The 12 jersey seems kinda cheesy to me, but I can see the appeal of it.

Very rarely does a player stay with the same team very long in the NFL, so it makes sense to not want to spend $100 on a jersey with a player's name on the back.

IMO classic is the way to go. Can't go wrong with a Largent, Zorn, etc.

The changing if players, IMHO is part of the reason the "FAN 12" is a good idea.
    Especially if you are buying the elite jerseys. For our team, although a touch cheesy, it will never go out of style or be the wrong/ undesirable number.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:44 am
  • Here is a blurry screen shot of Yahoo home page. The story is up on it.
    They make mention of the #10 best selling jersey not being a player. "12 FAN"
    I think it's an AWESOME testament to our Fandom.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:50 am
  • As pointed out above - people buy the #12 jersey because they are tired of players changing

It isn't a "good for you Mr Allen" as in making more money. It is a good for you Mr Allen in making less money selling jersey's the fans won't need to change.

Compare to Patriots that are giving some 20-30% discount when you trade in a player jersey when a guy moved on. They started this after the Hernandez "incident" and realized oops this is a great business idea lets do more of it.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 am
  • minormillikin wrote:

Funny, because I always find it weird when a grown man wears a jersey with another man's name on the back of it
    . .

I definitely agree with that. It is like in high school when your girl wears your letterman jacket.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:31 am
  • minormillikin wrote:

Funny, because I always find it weird when a grown man wears a jersey with another man's name on the back of it. The 12 Jersey is our uniform.*

*That said, I still like my Hass, Kitna, Largent, and TJack ($5 at JC Penney) jerseys.

My only unwritten rule when it comes to names on jersey's is NEVER is it OK to put your own name on it. Serious party foul.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:40 am
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:56 am
  • Ohio is honoring LeBron's homecoming by stockpiling jerseys for future burning.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:04 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:

My only unwritten rule when it comes to names on jersey's is NEVER is it OK to put your own name on it. Serious party foul.

Even a 12? That is our number, no reason not to put your name on it if you want.

You grown men can stick to your grown men rules. When it comes to Seahawks football, I'm a 53 year old kid.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:

Even a 12? That is our number, no reason not to put your name on it if you want.

You grown men can stick to your grown men rules. When it comes to Seahawks football, I'm a 53 year old kid.

Your name is 12? I'm confused.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:25 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:

I still want a grey elite.
    I've seriously considered a 12 with
    My screen name on it.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 pm
  • kearly wrote:The Rams have to be pumped, they finally have a jersey selling in the top ten!

I look forward to seeing his Rams' jersey worn around in LA this season - plan to get up to the bars supporting him when I can. It's a huge improvement - normally when I'm in LA it's me and a bunch of Raider and Charger fans in a dive bar.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

"They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Love the 12 jersey and hate "fan" on the back. It is very impersonal. I know you can customize them but they should leave them blank.

Mine is blank....You will see it in Sept....
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:25 pm
  • seabowl wrote:Funny how the Vikes fans are buying up the Teddy Bridgewater jerseys and if I'm not mistaken he is not even the starter. Also funny how he is 13 while Luck is 20 on the list.

lets not kid ourselves..he will be the starter at some point
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:48 pm
  • I believe that every QB drafted in the first round by Cleveland has led the league in jersey sales atsome point. They're desperate and have been for a very long time.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:34 pm
  • Just add it to the list.

253hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:51 am
  • ^^^Lol. Wondering the person went around public like that.
    raisethe3
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:51 pm
  • I like Manziel and look forward to him playing. Not surprised he's the #1 jersey considering his jersey became available for the first time ever and he's a national sensation.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:32 am
  • The one I find perplexing is Brady being number 7. Are there that many Patriots fans whose jersey have been worn too much that needed to replace them. It's not like they have redesigned the uniform at all. It's just weird. You'd figure that a Patriots fan would already have the jersey of a sure fire first ballot Hall Of Famer.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information