NFLN to show 3 Seahawks Pre Season Games Live

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • http://nflcommunications.com/2014/07/21/nfl-medias-2014-nfl-preseason-coverage/

Press release from the NFL network discussing all their training camp and pre season coverage.

Seahawks information to note, they will cover 3 of our pre season games live (2 of them are joined in progress). For those who can't get Seahawks Pre Season games in their area, this should be pretty good news

Friday, August 15
    10:30 PM – San Diego Chargers vs. Seattle Seahawks (joined in progress)

Friday, August 22
    11:00 PM – Chicago Bears vs. Seattle Seahawks(joined in progress)

Week 4
    Thursday, August 28
    10:00 PM – Seattle Seahawks vs. Oakland Raiders

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Does anybody know how that works with the NFL blackout rules?

I paid for the NFL Preseason Subscription. Are the NFL Network games blacked out? If it's a "joined in progress" game that's BS if they don't show it from the beginning on the Subscription plan.

Never mind, I found this:

*Due to broadcast restrictions, all nationally-broadcast Preseason games are blacked out and all locally-televised Preseason games are blacked out in their home markets. Blacked-out games will be made available on-demand in the NFL Preseason Live archives. Preseason games that do not sell out in either team’s home or away markets and games broadcast nationally on ESPN will be available 24 hours after the conclusion of those games. All other blacked-out games will be available shortly after the conclusion of the original telecast in the NFL Preseason Live archives. NFL Preseason Live access is not available on smart phones. NFL Preseason Live is only available to users within the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands).
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• Am I reading that right? It sounds like all pre-season games will be blacked out until the conclusion of the game. Then they will reair it???

Is this how Goodell wants the NFL now? An on demand type of thing?
    kpak76
    NET Rookie

• kpak76 wrote:Am I reading that right? It sounds like all pre-season games will be blacked out until the conclusion of the game. Then they will reair it???

In local markets, the game is aired by a local station, therefor the NFLN cannot air it until it's over. If you don't live in the local market, then the game would be aired as scheduled. 99.9% of people in the market who have NFLN will be able to watch the local broadcast anyway, so it's not really much of an issue IMO

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Wait, what? Meaning if someone local does not have NFL Network, they're screwed if they want to watch the game live?

What kind of [several expletives redacted] is that?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• kpak76 wrote:Am I reading that right? It sounds like all pre-season games will be blacked out until the conclusion of the game. Then they will reair it???

NFL broadcasting rights are prioritized, and for pre-season games the local stations have ownership of the live broadcasts.

This is not an NFL thing, it's a cable thing.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Ok for the last few seasons this is how it was taken care of.

KONG and the NFL network both had the live games played. You could flip flop between the two stations to get the identical airing which is normally the NFLN version when it was aired. I am pretty sure it is going to be the same way again.
    kpak76
    NET Rookie

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:Wait, what? Meaning if someone local does not have NFL Network, they're screwed if they want to watch the game live?

What kind of [several expletives redacted] is that?

No....what that means is if you are in the local market it will be on a local channel instead of the NFL Network

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Does anyone know if the games on NFL Network are considered 'nationally televised' or does that only refer to games on CBS, ESPN, FOX? The reason I ask is because I was also thinking of getting Preseason Live but if the Seahawk games are going to blacked out then it will be a waste of money.
    LolaRox
    NET Bench Warmer

• LolaRox wrote:Does anyone know if the games on NFL Network are considered 'nationally televised' or does that only refer to games on CBS, ESPN, FOX? The reason I ask is because I was also thinking of getting Preseason Live but if the Seahawk games are going to blacked out then it will be a waste of money.

Yes, the NFL network games are considered nationally televised when they air live.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:
    LolaRox wrote:Does anyone know if the games on NFL Network are considered 'nationally televised' or does that only refer to games on CBS, ESPN, FOX? The reason I ask is because I was also thinking of getting Preseason Live but if the Seahawk games are going to blacked out then it will be a waste of money.

Yes, the NFL network games are considered nationally televised when they air live.

Ok, thank you.
    LolaRox
    NET Bench Warmer

• Blackout rules...*shakes head*

QUICK! Pop quiz, hot shots!

What do the RIAA, MPAA, and the NFL all have in common?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:Blackout rules...*shakes head*

All acronyms?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Blackout rules...*shakes head*

All acronyms?

:th2thumbs: My name is Radish and I approve of this answer.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information