Ron Jaworski's 2014 top QB countdown - Russell Wilson #9

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I haven't seen the list where did he put Romo ?
    User avatar
    General Manager
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2260
    Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 pm


  • kearly wrote:You are twisting the facts to fit your argument Anthony. Suddenly it's about yards now? We were talking about play call percentage, not rushing yard totals. Seattle's rushing plays as a percentage are one of the highest in the league. That is a fact. Even when you take Wilson's 92 carries out, it is still true.



    no you are talking play calling percentage I am talking impact on the game, calling a lot of runs if those runs yield few yards is not going to put 8 in the box, only success in running the ball will put 8 in the box and as I outlined there are a lot of teams that have more success then us, once you remove the QB. I mean if you are a running team I might start with 8 in the box but if you have little success they are going to pull back to 7 if still limited success then back to 6 and so on. Just because a team runs 60% of the time does not mean I am going to put 8 in the box if I Can handle it with 5 or 6 knowing eventually they will pass. Teams know Rw can carry this team to wins by passing, so they are not stacking the box near as much as you think. Point in case the panthers game, in the first qtr when everyone knows we are run, run pass. The very first series we got backed up inside our 10, and yet only 5 in the box on the first play, then they went 6 for play 2-penlaty so play 2 again, so now we are inside our 5, 2nd down and 5 in the box, 3rd down and 10 now we get 8 in the box and it was a passing down and pass play. N fact the only time they put 8 in the box in the Panthers game was on 3rd and long and 3rd and short. That is an example, teams do not play 8 in the box as much as you think and when they do Rw is just as much a reason as lynch. Not to mention if you read my post with the listed teams our attempts even go down to the point were ne And Denver had more, Lynch may have been amongst the post in attempts over the last 3 years but we are talking about last year, and we are talking team not just 1 back. Also Lynchs attempts have gone down every year Rw has been with us 315 in 2012, 301 in 2013, teams know that too. However again it is about the team running game of which Rw is a huge part of it, and again teams do not pu 8 in the box as much as you think. As to the play action so? Every team runs play action we may run the most but every team runs it, we run as much to give Rw extra time due to our 32nd ranked pass blocking as anything.
    Last edited by Anthony! on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1380
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


  • WilsonMVP wrote:I just found it interesting...Luck was actually 5th that year behind Wilson, RG3, Moore, and Keenum.

    Wilson actually is THE most effecient QB to EVER play Football in FBS. Single greatest college QB rating season. I was pointing out in my earlier post that it was also his first year at that program and in that offense in which he had to relearn an entire playbook. Unlike Luck who was at Stanford for his whole time.

    This would actually be the counterargument to anyone who claims Luck would be even better than Wilson on the Seahawks when under similar circumstances in college Wilson cant even be touched by Luck. In the 2 common opponents they played Wilson smoked Luck


    I agree 100%. But you can say all that and still give Luck his due.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11559
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • kearly wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:I just found it interesting...Luck was actually 5th that year behind Wilson, RG3, Moore, and Keenum.

    Wilson actually is THE most effecient QB to EVER play Football in FBS. Single greatest college QB rating season. I was pointing out in my earlier post that it was also his first year at that program and in that offense in which he had to relearn an entire playbook. Unlike Luck who was at Stanford for his whole time.

    This would actually be the counterargument to anyone who claims Luck would be even better than Wilson on the Seahawks when under similar circumstances in college Wilson cant even be touched by Luck. In the 2 common opponents they played Wilson smoked Luck


    I agree 100%. But you can say all that and still give Luck his due.



    I agree I do give Luck his due, he is a good QB with potential but truthfully he has played avg at best so far, I mean 57% complt% is not good, it is not even avg, qb rating of 81.5 also below avg. And he is doig it in the AFC a much weaker defensive division, with a top 10 pass blocking o-line a top 10 wr corps. I give him his due because I think he will eventually figure it out, RW already has.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1380
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


  • drdiags wrote:Surprised he put him in the top 10. Guess that shows Jaws is trying to give him some credit for the past season. Must hurt him to have to put Kaep at #12.

    Must hurt him to put Wilson at 9, as an obligatory Super Bowl nod. Wilson will never fit his metric.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2881
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • Anthony... can you stay on subject rather than trying to win a debate?
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2881
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • Wilson finished 9th in DYAR and 8th in DVOA. So Jaws rating sounds fine to me.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4950
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • HawKnPeppa wrote:Anthony... can you stay on subject rather than trying to win a debate?



    I am on subject, He made a statement why #9 is okay for Rw, based on efficiency and stuff, I disagreed and said why and defended it, he came back at me and I defended my stance, and will continue to. This topic is about Rw being #9 on jaws list, ,he stated why he was okay with it, and I disagreed and stated why I am on topic.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1380
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


  • I heard Jaws talking about this with Brock and Salk and he added that in the Super Owl Russ was "seeing everything " from the pocket and if that was because the game was just slowing down for him in the pocket then watch out NFL.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1781
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


  • brimsalabim wrote:I heard Jaws talking about this with Brock and Salk and he added that in the Super Owl Russ was "seeing everything " from the pocket and if that was because the game was just slowing down for him in the pocket then watch out NFL.


    The percy harvin effect :D
    Image
    User avatar
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 962
    Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am


  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:I heard Jaws talking about this with Brock and Salk and he added that in the Super Owl Russ was "seeing everything " from the pocket and if that was because the game was just slowing down for him in the pocket then watch out NFL.


    The percy harvin effect :D



    Not just that but for the first time all season he had decent protection and it looked like they opened up the play book and RW was just seeing everything.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1380
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


  • Anthony! wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:I heard Jaws talking about this with Brock and Salk and he added that in the Super Owl Russ was "seeing everything " from the pocket and if that was because the game was just slowing down for him in the pocket then watch out NFL.


    The percy harvin effect :D



    Not just that but for the first time all season he had decent protection and it looked like they opened up the play book and RW was just seeing everything.


    Thats true..I just watched the Turning Point video that was posted a while ago and he had tons of protection. If the Oline can play like that and we have Harvin all year I fully expect a bunch of games where we score 30+
    Image
    User avatar
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 962
    Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am


  • The offensive line actually pass blocked in the Super Bowl. I think we caught a glimpse of what Wilson can do when he isn't running for life. I think people underestimate the impact that our offensive line problems have caused.
    User avatar
    rigelian
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 11:16 am


  • Anthony! wrote:
    kearly wrote:You are twisting the facts to fit your argument Anthony. Suddenly it's about yards now? We were talking about play call percentage, not rushing yard totals. Seattle's rushing plays as a percentage are one of the highest in the league. That is a fact. Even when you take Wilson's 92 carries out, it is still true.



    no you are talking play calling percentage I am talking impact on the game, calling a lot of runs if those runs yield few yards is not going to put 8 in the box, only success in running the ball will put 8 in the box and as I outlined there are a lot of teams that have more success then us, once you remove the QB. I mean if you are a running team I might start with 8 in the box but if you have little success they are going to pull back to 7 if still limited success then back to 6 and so on. Just because a team runs 60% of the time does not mean I am going to put 8 in the box if I Can handle it with 5 or 6 knowing eventually they will pass. Teams know Rw can carry this team to wins by passing, so they are not stacking the box near as much as you think. Point in case the panthers game, in the first qtr when everyone knows we are run, run pass. The very first series we got backed up inside our 10, and yet only 5 in the box on the first play, then they went 6 for play 2-penlaty so play 2 again, so now we are inside our 5, 2nd down and 5 in the box, 3rd down and 10 now we get 8 in the box and it was a passing down and pass play. N fact the only time they put 8 in the box in the Panthers game was on 3rd and long and 3rd and short. That is an example, teams do not play 8 in the box as much as you think and when they do Rw is just as much a reason as lynch. Not to mention if you read my post with the listed teams our attempts even go down to the point were ne And Denver had more, Lynch may have been amongst the post in attempts over the last 3 years but we are talking about last year, and we are talking team not just 1 back. Also Lynchs attempts have gone down every year Rw has been with us 315 in 2012, 301 in 2013, teams know that too. However again it is about the team running game of which Rw is a huge part of it, and again teams do not pu 8 in the box as much as you think. As to the play action so? Every team runs play action we may run the most but every team runs it, we run as much to give Rw extra time due to our 32nd ranked pass blocking as anything.

    Anthony, sorry if this comes across snarky--it's not intended to be.

    Could you put some paragraph returns in your reply? This is visually hard to read because it's a giant wall of text.

    Thanks, man.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5098
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


  • sc85sis wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    kearly wrote:You are twisting the facts to fit your argument Anthony. Suddenly it's about yards now? We were talking about play call percentage, not rushing yard totals. Seattle's rushing plays as a percentage are one of the highest in the league. That is a fact. Even when you take Wilson's 92 carries out, it is still true.



    no you are talking play calling percentage I am talking impact on the game, calling a lot of runs if those runs yield few yards is not going to put 8 in the box, only success in running the ball will put 8 in the box and as I outlined there are a lot of teams that have more success then us, once you remove the QB. I mean if you are a running team I might start with 8 in the box but if you have little success they are going to pull back to 7 if still limited success then back to 6 and so on. Just because a team runs 60% of the time does not mean I am going to put 8 in the box if I Can handle it with 5 or 6 knowing eventually they will pass. Teams know Rw can carry this team to wins by passing, so they are not stacking the box near as much as you think. Point in case the panthers game, in the first qtr when everyone knows we are run, run pass. The very first series we got backed up inside our 10, and yet only 5 in the box on the first play, then they went 6 for play 2-penlaty so play 2 again, so now we are inside our 5, 2nd down and 5 in the box, 3rd down and 10 now we get 8 in the box and it was a passing down and pass play. N fact the only time they put 8 in the box in the Panthers game was on 3rd and long and 3rd and short. That is an example, teams do not play 8 in the box as much as you think and when they do Rw is just as much a reason as lynch. Not to mention if you read my post with the listed teams our attempts even go down to the point were ne And Denver had more, Lynch may have been amongst the post in attempts over the last 3 years but we are talking about last year, and we are talking team not just 1 back. Also Lynchs attempts have gone down every year Rw has been with us 315 in 2012, 301 in 2013, teams know that too. However again it is about the team running game of which Rw is a huge part of it, and again teams do not pu 8 in the box as much as you think. As to the play action so? Every team runs play action we may run the most but every team runs it, we run as much to give Rw extra time due to our 32nd ranked pass blocking as anything.

    Anthony, sorry if this comes across snarky--it's not intended to be.

    Could you put some paragraph returns in your reply? This is visually hard to read because it's a giant wall of text.

    Thanks, man.


    Yeah sorry about that and that was not snarky(I have never heard that word before :)) at all it was a fair request, and I will do my best to comply
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1380
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Previous


It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information