NFL Sunday Ticket without a Direct TV subscription

A

Anonymous

Looks like those of us who don't live in the Northwest and don't have or don't want a dish on their roof now have an option to see all of the Seahawks games via NFL Sunday Ticket. Direct TV is going to start offering Sunday Ticket as a stand-alone service. I for one couldn't be happier and have been hoping this would happen someday. I hope it turns into a huge success because I would like to keep on having this option to see the games.

https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

Cartire

Reaction score
we got it the last 2 years with madden upgrade. Totally worth it if you are not in the broadcast area.

That being said, this may be the last year. Im sure theres going to be a bidding war with the nfl package coming up at the end of the year.

ctown12

Reaction score
"Now you can stream live, out-of-market NFL games on your favorite device without a DIRECTV satellite TV subscription if you live in an apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available, attend one of these universities, or live in the following metro areas: New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco. Check your eligibility."

Looks like it isn't offered for everyone just quite yet.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
ctown12":1rjeuac5 said:
"Now you can stream live, out-of-market NFL games on your favorite device without a DIRECTV satellite TV subscription if you live in an apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available, attend one of these universities, or live in the following metro areas: New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco. Check your eligibility."

Looks like it isn't offered for everyone just quite yet.
Hey, I'm eligible in MD. Too bad I can't afford the $200.

acer1240

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this. I am eligible in the apt I am in

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They've been doing this for a while, as long as you can prove you can't get DirecTV. I wish they'd just sell it legitimately on its own.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
I don't understand this. Why would they turn away so many people who want the service? Right after I read this earlier today, i went to sign up and they told me I wasn't eligible. There goes my $200, and i'm sure many others like me. I know they think if you can't get this, you'll sign up for DirecTV. I'll pay the money for the package, but i'm not changing providers and getting roped into a long-term contract because I want to watch a maximum of 10 Seahawks games this season.

mikeak

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":36jtus3x said:
I don't understand this. Why would they turn away so many people who want the service? Right after I read this earlier today, i went to sign up and they told me I wasn't eligible. There goes my $200, and i'm sure many others like me. I know they think if you can't get this, you'll sign up for DirecTV. I'll pay the money for the package, but i'm not changing providers and getting roped into a long-term contract because I want to watch a maximum of 10 Seahawks games this season.

But enough people are that it is worth it to not take your $200

I did it 4 years ago and have stayed with them because of preferring their product. I no longer get ST but they get my money every month.

suppaball

Reaction score
On a side note I ordered the Sunday ticket 2 years ago, did not renew it last year and I still had it hears to hoping I get it again this year.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
This is the GREATEST News I have ever heard. I have been looking for something like this for years. I live in San Francisco in my college dorm and could only go to the bars to watch the game to get: in fights w niners fans, spend hella money, to watch the game with no audio and to drive home drunk. :49ersmall:

:thirishdrinkers:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Not eligible. Figures.
Why can't people just pay for the games online?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
wow that's expensive , I had it last year with the Madden and it never worked for the late games on sunday 4et. always missed at least the first quarter trying to login

also Its only good for ONE device. so if you planned on you watching your game while a relative watches there game , you will be highly disappointed

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

$200 isn't too bad of a price in my opinion. Hell, before this option became available I know I said to my wife I'd gladly pay double what DTV customers have to pay. We can technically get a dish installed on our house but with our HOA it's a tiresome procedure because they have to approve anything and everything we do to our own property....yes there's frustration but that's a topic more suitable for the shack. Another reason we haven't gone that route is because of all the snow we get here, and everyone at work who has a dish does nothing but complain during the winter because they can't get reception because their dish is covered with snow. So anyway....I'm going to be signing up for this offer this weekend. No more of having to rely on nfl.com and our chat to try to keep up with what's going on during the games. :)

mikeak

Reaction score
suppaball":2wqgfkfw said:
On a side note I ordered the Sunday ticket 2 years ago, did not renew it last year and I still had it hears to hoping I get it again this year.

You are up for renewal. You just tell them you will renew if they give you ST for free. I would ask for their new box - genie I think they call it.

My contract is up next week that is what I will be doing. THey will put me on a new 2 year contract but I hope to get ST for free!

Subzero717

Reaction score
When i still had direct every year id complain or threaten to cancel. Theyd give it to me discounted and the years they gave it free to new customers I did too. I had a stupid high bill to deserve it.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
suppaball":22lf50fs said:

You sure they didn't charge you again? They don't ask me to renew each year. They don't cancel it unless you ask them to. More $$$ when you forget to cancel. :evil:

taz291819

Reaction score
Clayfighter":3e87mopj said:
suppaball":3e87mopj said:

You sure they didn't charge you again? They don't ask me to renew each year. They don't cancel it unless you ask them to. More $$$ when you forget to cancel. :evil:

Yeah, normally they auto-renew, but sometimes it doesn't happen. I've been with them for 15 years, have had NFL-ST every year, but twice they've forgotten to auto-renew.

I don't mind the extra $200 a year, as it's well worth it, plus I enjoy their service.

For those worried about snow sticking to the dish, they sell heaters that attached to the dish that works really well. (Not like I have that problem in Alabama or anything).

And HOA's cannot force you to not have a dish, that's against the law, it doesn't even matter if you signed something with the HOA. Federal laws (FCC) trump them.

acer1240

Reaction score
I had DirecTV since it started until a few years ago. Had Sunday ticket since it first started. Other than the first 2 years, I never had to pay for it (Sunday ticket). After the first week of the season I would call and ask to cancel service. It never failed that they would offer Sunday ticket free if I signed another 2 year contract. I always told them that I wanted to leave and would pay the early termination fees. Their retention department makes bonuses when they keep you so they are more than willing to offer more. I usually got movie channels included too. If the first rep you get does not concede, call back.....the next one will. Trust me, this never once failed to work for me.