I Come In Peace!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
I Come In Peace!
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 am
  • New to the forum. I am a huge Rams Fan and Thought I would log in from time to time to get your perspective on upcoming games especially against each other! Congrats on the super Bowl win. One thing we might have in common is we both hate the Niners! That said I would like to know is there one thing on my team that you view would be a challenge for your team this upcoming season? For the Rams I think are our biggest challenge is trying to keep your defense from shutting down Bradford. We're counting on him to perform at a higher level this year. Also containing Russell Wilson will be a huge challenge. All in all I can't wait for the season to start! Good luck! Niners 0-16!
    Ramsfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: I Come In Peace!
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:01 pm
  • Welcome to .Net
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 pm
  • :2:

While the Hawks oline has the upside and potential to be very good and vastly improved (better health, young guys) , until that happens they are a question mark. And obviously if it doesn't improve, that mismatch with the Rams stacked dline could be a game changer as Donald, Brockers, Quinn, Long and Hayes are all big time.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:04 pm
  • Bradford is trash.

Your defensive line on the other hand....yeeeesh.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:05 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:08 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Bradford is trash.

:13:
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:09 pm
  • Jeff Fisher seems to have you guys headed in the right direction. Excellent draft class, looking very strong in the trenches, like the idea of Zac Stacy running behind that big offensive line. Sam Bradford's decision making is obviously a question mark that you are stuck with for the foreseeable future. . . hope your team beats the crap out of the Whiners.
    Last edited by hawknation2014 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:13 pm
  • Ram Rules will be our down fall.

DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:16 pm
  • DynoHawk wrote:Ram Rules will be our down fall.

Uh-Oh, another franchise that has to tell their fans how to root for the team.
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:22 pm
  • Ramsfan wrote:New to the forum. I am a huge Rams Fan and Thought I would log in from time to time to get your perspective on upcoming games especially against each other! Congrats on the super Bowl win. One thing we might have in common is we both hate the Niners! That said I would like to know is there one thing on my team that you view would be a challenge for your team this upcoming season? For the Rams I think are our biggest challenge is trying to keep your defense from shutting down Bradford. We're counting on him to perform at a higher level this year. Also containing Russell Wilson will be a huge challenge. All in all I can't wait for the season to start! Good luck! Niners 0-16!

Your D-line is evil and should be broken up for the good of the nation, and of the world in general.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:38 pm
  • People have already mentioned the defensive line. Because it is the correct answer. Totes jelly.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:52 pm
  • What would you take for Robert Quinn?

I like the Rams. Not as much as Seattle, but I think to an extent they mirror us. Young, brash, super talented. Your DL is a nightmare. But your offense can't back them up. Stacy has lots of potential, but Bradford is a failed experiment. So much talent at WR being wasted because he's there. That and discipline. I think you had a good chance beating us last year, except I think you had like 100 yards in personal foul penalties alone. Gotta focus that anger. As soon as the Rams learn to play smart football, they'll be a force to be reckoned with
    ManBunts
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:15 pm
  • I dunno.... Bradford looked pretty good before he got hurt last year. The Rams could end up with a WC spot this year. They have the defense, and the offense looks like it is much improved.
    kpak76
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:27 pm
  • I was quite afraid that the three extra first-round picks from Washington would be an unbalancing trade, but I am happy that the trade didn't really work out for either team, with Griffin not really tearing it up and the Rams, until this year, taking positions they could have filled in later rounds without losing much talent.

Still, the sheer weight of those draft picks adds up, and the Rams have a chance to be good. Unfortunately, hanging the season success on Bradford is problematic at best. Maybe in another division, but in this one your QB had better be able to extend a play, because the defenses don't give up anything. Pocket passers need not apply.

I do think the 49ers are in a state of decline, so there should be an opening for 2nd place in the division. The Rams could easily take that with their very solid defense.

It's currently our turn to top the division, and looks like it will be for a while, barring significant injury. The combination of our front office and coach is exceptionally strong because we don't need high draft picks to assemble incredible depth.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:32 pm
  • I was expecting another "who will cover the rams?" article.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:32 pm
  • As a cards fan. I also hate the niners, and an jealous of everything the Seahawks have going for them. While the rams are improving I still think they take 4th this year in the division. Outside of that crazy d-line I'm not sure what else puts fear into am opposing team. Cards third, SF 2nd and Seattle again in first.
    ringless
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:03 pm
  • I really thought the Rams would be #2 in the NFCW this last season, and overtake the Whiners. I thought Bradford might finally prove himself. Even came on this forum and made this argument multiple times, and lost my pool because I kept picking them.

I've given up on the Rams. Fisher is a mediocre-at-best coach who has mostly gotten to mediocre by encouraging his teams to play dirty. We saw that in the matchup last season. WTF is wrong with that team? They had zero discipline, it was laughable. Further, I'm done with Bradford. He proved to me last season to be another David Carr, the guy I kept thinking would turn it around but who just got too beat up early in his career and eventually became a hollow shell of his former self and never lived up to his potential.

The Rams defense is good for sure, and even the RB Zac Stacy (?) is darn good. But I don't see them being much better than mediocre again. I just don't see Fisher taking that team to the top.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 pm
  • ringless wrote:As a cards fan. I also hate the niners, and an jealous of everything the Seahawks have going for them. While the rams are improving I still think they take 4th this year in the division. Outside of that crazy d-line I'm not sure what else puts fear into am opposing team. Cards third, SF 2nd and Seattle again in first.

The Cards are a much better team overall than the Whiners, and I think this is the year they seriously battle for that second spot. The only thing holding you back is Carson Palmer. Honestly, with the right QB, the Cardinals would really be a frightening matchup. I see them as the Seahawks with no QB, basically. You all really impressed me in that game at Seattle. That was dominant.

Just had to add: That was the most dominant opponent performance I've ever seen at the Clink. The Cards are the only team I really see being a threat to the Seahawks over the next few years. Deonne Buchanon was an absolutely sick pick, my stomach turned when they made it. I think the Cards are going to surprise a lot of people this season. If the Seahawks don't make the Superbowl, it will be because of the Cards - not the Whiners.
    Last edited by HansGruber on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:07 pm
  • Cool feedback! I don't know what to make of our offense. At times there are flashes of success and other times flashes of misery. Good to be part of the west though. Who would you rate higher, Bradford or Palmer? I'm biased so of course I'll pick Bradford. But who would you rather face on Sunday? Thanks!
    Ramsfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:16 pm
  • Ramsfan wrote:Cool feedback! I don't know what to make of our offense. At times there are flashes of success and other times flashes of misery. Good to be part of the west though. Who would you rate higher, Bradford or Palmer? I'm biased so of course I'll pick Bradford. But who would you rather face on Sunday? Thanks!

Bradford, so far, hasn't thrown 4 picks in a game against our defense. So, I guess he gets the nod at this point. Damning with faint praise, though.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:18 pm
  • Ramsfan wrote:Cool feedback! I don't know what to make of our offense. At times there are flashes of success and other times flashes of misery. Good to be part of the west though. Who would you rate higher, Bradford or Palmer? I'm biased so of course I'll pick Bradford. But who would you rather face on Sunday? Thanks!

I'd rather face Palmer. We picked him off a handful of times last season. Dude throws ducks. Really doesn't belong out there. Every time we played him last season, I made jokes about Marino making a comeback. LOL. Honestly, he really does look like a 50-year-old out there playing way past his due date.

Bradford has a better arm, is more accurate, and can get yards out of nothing. The Rams had nothing at WR last season, probably the worst WR corps in the league. Would you disagree? Yet Bradford, when he was healthy, was still able to generate points on offense, spread the ball around, have some efficient drives. Zac Stacy really appeared to help there. He really impressed me. Like Marshawn, he seems to thrive when getting hit, sheds tackles, fights for yards, and really wears down the opposing defense. Seems like a smart move to bring him in since it's going to take some time to get that WR corps up to snuff. In the meantime, he keeps defenses honest and gives Bradford a slight advantage there. Probably the biggest disadvantage for the Rams is that they have the poorest coaching in the NFCW.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:26 pm
  • Yes I would rather have Bradford than Palmer. Palmer would have thorn a lot more interceptions but sometimes I felt defenders were so surprised to have throws directly to them with no receivers in the area. So many passes I was just left wondering what he possibly could have even thought he saw. Bradford defintely could do better and just didn't have the weapons available when healthy. I also think Fischer is an over-rated coach. But I'm excited to see what all of these defenses bring to the table this year. I do think Arizonas window starts closing after this year with all of our star players for the most part being elderly.
    ringless
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:47 pm
  • Good luck with Bradford as your starter he's a good QB when healthy but not great and he's made of glass.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 pm
  • I was expecting another "who will cover the rams?" article.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:17 pm
  • A question mark for the Hawks is can we cover losing Bryant and Clemmons on the dline. We might not be the best d in the league anymore if not. If our defense comes back strong, Bradford's in trouble. Pocket passer like that, fored to wait. He was good before the injuries, but he's not a good matchup against the Seahawks. Mobile guys like Kaep do better. Wilson is a much better matchup for the Rams D, but he'll still get run around. Rams/Hawks games could be two serious defensive matchups...or perhaps three?
    5 NINERS HEAD COACHES WHO COULD KEEP THE SEAHAWKS RIVALRY ALIVE
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/12/17/ ... lry-alive/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:37 pm
  • I still think you should have taken Watkins but I'm glad you didn't.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:53 pm
  • Your d line is scary. But I don't see Sam Bradford having much luck against our secondary when more consistent uninjured experience qbs struggle. I'm not a Bradford hater but he doesn't scare me. I was alarmed when he was drafted and looked for a moment like he could end up being the best QB in the division. But now he looks like 4th at best.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:36 pm
  • Ramsfan wrote:New to the forum. I am a huge Rams Fan and Thought I would log in from time to time to get your perspective on upcoming games especially against each other! Congrats on the super Bowl win. One thing we might have in common is we both hate the Niners! That said I would like to know is there one thing on my team that you view would be a challenge for your team this upcoming season? For the Rams I think are our biggest challenge is trying to keep your defense from shutting down Bradford. We're counting on him to perform at a higher level this year. Also containing Russell Wilson will be a huge challenge. All in all I can't wait for the season to start! Good luck! Niners 0-16!

Please be a genuine Rams fan and not a NinaTroll trying to get us to talk about the Niners. We do enough of that without any help.

I mean it is fun because they deserve it, but the NinaTroll will present himself in all forms.

Rams... great defensive front, we respect it for sure. Bradford? Ehhh.. Still not buying it yet. Here's to hoping he has a coming out party against SF and AZ, but chokes a few picks against the Hawks.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:46 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:I was expecting another "who will cover the rams?" article.

I remember that guy. He just couldn't understand why a board full of Seahawks fans wasn't oohing and ahhing over the Rams' preseason last year.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:22 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    Ramsfan wrote:New to the forum. I am a huge Rams Fan and Thought I would log in from time to time to get your perspective on upcoming games especially against each other! Congrats on the super Bowl win. One thing we might have in common is we both hate the Niners! That said I would like to know is there one thing on my team that you view would be a challenge for your team this upcoming season? For the Rams I think are our biggest challenge is trying to keep your defense from shutting down Bradford. We're counting on him to perform at a higher level this year. Also containing Russell Wilson will be a huge challenge. All in all I can't wait for the season to start! Good luck! Niners 0-16!

Your D-line is evil and should be broken up for the good of the nation, and of the world in general.

This times a million. They are scary.
    "Home of the Greatest Defense on planet Earth."
    Gametime
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 pm
  • DynoHawk wrote:Ram Rules will be our down fall.

Hell I posted this on May 5th 2014.
    LOVE, LOYALTY, RESPECT & HONOR
    GLOCKHAWK
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:23 pm
  • ...Here is the "Rams Rule" parody.
    LOVE, LOYALTY, RESPECT & HONOR
    GLOCKHAWK
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 pm
  • Shadowhawk wrote:
    rideaducati wrote:I was expecting another "who will cover the rams?" article.

I remember that guy. He just couldn't understand why a board full of Seahawks fans wasn't oohing and ahhing over the Rams' preseason last year.

Yeah... that was some epic stuff and the guy obviously knew what he was talking about. Bradford was just unstoppable with his new weapons before he got hurt right? :shock:
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 pm
  • Welcome! Rams are a bad word around here. We only talk to Niner fans lol. Bradford and the passing game is unproven, but Stacy is legit. You add in a healthy Long/Robinson on the left side and Bradford's job gets a lot easier. It helps a lot when the RB carries the load, eh boys? Tre Mason is an interesting pick.

I'm curious what Britt brings to the table.
    Sherman4Prez
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Welcome to .Net Bro! Always glad to see a friendly rival on the site and it will be interesting to see alternative perspectives on Seahawks/ NFC west.

Make sure you post before the 2 Seahawks x Rams game this season with predictions and insight.

What are your predictions for the Rams this season? Overall Record, Playoffs? and how far you will make it if you make the the playoffs..

Again, Welcome! :49ersmall:

My Predictions for Rams 2014 by Week. ~ Overall Record Prediction 8-8 ~

Week:

1. Win vs. Vikings
    2. Loss @ TB - TB is a sleeper this year.
    3. Win vs. Cowboys
    4. BYE
    5. Loss @ Eagles
    6. Win vs 49ers - UpSet in Primetime MNF
    7. Loss vs Seahawks
    8. Loss @ Chiefs
    9. Loss @ 49ers
    10. Loss @ Cardinals
    11. Win vs Broncos - Defense will ruin Peyton & Company
    12. Win @ Chargers
    13. Win vs Raiders
    14. Loss @ Redskins - RG3 will run around and make Rams D tired and come through for the W in the 4th
    15. Win vs Cardinals
    16. Win vs Giants
    17. Loss @ Seattle

Any thoughts??
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:26 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Bradford is tra;[vimeo][/vimeo]sh.

Yeah, that about covers it.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:22 pm
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Bradford is tra;[vimeo][/vimeo]sh.

Yeah, that about covers it.

If our O-line doesn't make significant improvements this year, I'm genuinely worried for Wilson against Robert Quinn & co.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:13 pm
  • Gametime wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    Ramsfan wrote:New to the forum. I am a huge Rams Fan and Thought I would log in from time to time to get your perspective on upcoming games especially against each other! Congrats on the super Bowl win. One thing we might have in common is we both hate the Niners! That said I would like to know is there one thing on my team that you view would be a challenge for your team this upcoming season? For the Rams I think are our biggest challenge is trying to keep your defense from shutting down Bradford. We're counting on him to perform at a higher level this year. Also containing Russell Wilson will be a huge challenge. All in all I can't wait for the season to start! Good luck! Niners 0-16!

This times a million. They are scary.

What VolsungHawk said. What a great quote! Break up that Rams D-Line for the good of the nation, world in general, and of course, in the interest of National Security. Is that dude a speechwriter or something?

Seriously, my first thought was a nightmare flashback of Wilson running for his life, on every play, with Quinn and other chasing him. I swear your dudes catch Wilson when he runs, more so than any other team, and his Houdini escapes just don't seem to happen much.
    Steve2222 wrote: "I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is a 9 win team who is going to need luck getting into playoffs."
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:04 am
  • So what you are saying is we need Russell Wilson to get a new wand for his birthday......
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:54 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    ringless wrote:As a cards fan. I also hate the niners, and an jealous of everything the Seahawks have going for them. While the rams are improving I still think they take 4th this year in the division. Outside of that crazy d-line I'm not sure what else puts fear into am opposing team. Cards third, SF 2nd and Seattle again in first.

The Cards are a much better team overall than the Whiners, and I think this is the year they seriously battle for that second spot. The only thing holding you back is Carson Palmer. Honestly, with the right QB, the Cardinals would really be a frightening matchup. I see them as the Seahawks with no QB, basically. You all really impressed me in that game at Seattle. That was dominant.

Just had to add: That was the most dominant opponent performance I've ever seen at the Clink. The Cards are the only team I really see being a threat to the Seahawks over the next few years. Deonne Buchanon was an absolutely sick pick, my stomach turned when they made it. I think the Cards are going to surprise a lot of people this season. If the Seahawks don't make the Superbowl, it will be because of the Cards - not the Whiners.

The Cards lost their 2 best defensive players this year. Those two LB's are irreplaceable to that defense. I predict this year it will be the Rams that finally make their push into being that upper echelon NFC team. The Whiners will be third and the Cards will bring up the rear.
    kpak76
    NET Rookie

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information