Captian Keith...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I caught the SB episode of Deadliest Catch last night and was very shocked.
Captain Keith: Didn't he do an interview on .NET last year claiming to be Seahawk fan?
On the episode he was claiming to be a Whiner fan cause he grew up in California.. What the hell!!???
Is he a bandwagon fan? Are the Hawks his #2?
Watching the episode; The true Hawk fans are on the Northwestern(Sig is big time), Time Bandit, Cornelia Marie(big time-especially Josh) and The Wizard's crew but not Keith IMO.

I think it is totally impossible to be a die hard and root for the Whiners. :pukeface:

RockHawk

Reaction score
If this were a movie, that episode would be the mind-bending twist nobody saw coming. I admit I had no idea that a guy who raised the 12th man flag was a closet 9'er fan.

Let's just say I gave the Capt some light-hearted s**t this morning and I'm looking forward to hearing back from him. :)

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It's politics--like when the Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity--he smelt what was in the wind--and it wasn't just rotten pike.

kidhawk

Reaction score
For those who haven't read the original interview....

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=42369

After re-reading that interview, he does make mention of San Francisco quite a bit. Not the Niners specifically but San Francisco for sure

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Captain Andy is also not a Seahawks fan.

The Time Bandit and other boats on the show sail out of Alaska, and many of the crew are based in Seattle. Thus the attachment to the Seahawks. But Hillstrand said he's one of the few who roots for another team.

"I was very sad that my New England Patriots lost to the Broncos," he said.

He also picked the Broncos to win. :229031_rolleyes:

Despite the desires of his crew, Hillstrand said he thinks the Broncos will win.

"By 7," he said. "That's my prediction. Peyton Manning is going to do what he needs to do . . . The thing with Peyton Manning is he wants another Super Bowl so bad. And he's older now. He's like me, he's the old dog. He's trying to get what might be his last Super Bowl ring."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ ... -1.6875657

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hmm that photo makes me wonder if the Niner thing was contrived just for this last episode. If that's the case it really sucks (I was hoping that Deadliest Catch was one of the few "reality" shows that isn't largely / completely scripted).

Something is rotten SOMEWHERE in Denmark... :(

grizbob

Reaction score
Didn't really care for the guy until he did the Q and A for us (don't like screamers). Now he's dead to me. :twisted:

It was cool seeing the rest of the crew and fleet cheering for the Hawks :th2thumbs:

Basis4day

Reaction score
Edgar-Hansen-Matt-Bradley-Northwestern-Seattle-Seahawks.jpg

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I despise Keith... he's nothing but a bully who abuses his authority as a ship's captain.

The man definitely has anger management issues.

He needs professional help

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":haqnawtj said:
Basis4day":haqnawtj said:

The Northwestern and the Hansen's are the best boat anyway. :th2thumbs:

True, however, the Cornelia Marie is a very close second for Seahawk Loyalty. I remember the old man Phil Harris(RIP) being a Seahawk fan and it was obvious that Josh and the crew are HUGE fans.