Problem between Russell and Doug??

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:28 am
  • LolaRox wrote:I don't know if it's a shot at RW or not, but it certainly can be taken as one and for that reason alone Doug should clear it up if it wasn't.


    It can be taken as a shot at RW if you're a ridiculous fanatic who can't help but pretend to know what's in other people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are painting this as a shot at RW are the same people who worried about how Earl Thomas was going to like being a Seahawk because they turned into body language "experts" watching him take the call from the Hawks when he was drafted.

    Doug doesn't owe it to anyone to clear up the speculation in their heads. Some things aren't even worth responding to.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8312
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:28 am
  • i dunno its a pretty safe assumption it's about RW considering Baldwin's long history of throwing his teammates under the bus.

    :sarcasm_off:
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2877
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:40 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:I love Doug Baldwin, and I think he's a smart dude, but he should be smart enough to recognize the fact that Twitter and its 140 character limit is a terrible place to try and give statements on life...even through multiple Tweets.


    Athletes are no different than all of our idiot friends and relatives who "vague post" on Facebook 24/7, then wait for the attention they crave to pour in.

    I love Baldwin as a player, but as a human being he seems to be a very needy attention whore who thrives on conflict and being disrespected. I don't think he can go a week without being offended by someone or something.


    Yeah, I think there is an attention-grabbing element here, but I also think that he thrives as a player on feeling disrespected. If perceiving that he is disrespected and feeling indignant about it is what drives him to be a great player, I can live with it.

    I do think that, even though he doesn't necessarily owe anyone clarification, he should at least be responsible enough not to post stuff like this and fail to clarify that he's speaking generally rather than about someone specific. I agree that he could just be venting normally, but when you put it out there for public consumption, some people are going to take it the wrong way. Normally, I would say that's on the people that take it the wrong way most of the time, but in this case, why risk creating disharmony on your team by blowing up a "story" that doesn't exist?

    One RT with a "No, I'm not talking about Russell Wilson," and this discussion thread doesn't exist.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

    --Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3754
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:43 am
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:One RT with a "No, I'm not talking about Russell Wilson," and this discussion thread doesn't exist.


    but it also implies that he even feels the need to clarify the speculation with a response, in which case these same wacky fans will take that as "But at least you understand why we'd think so!" and then we are back to square one.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2877
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:04 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:I know this is just adding to the noise, but here's my take on this:

    ADB is referencing Russell Wilson, but not in the immediate obvious way. See, Russell has his brand, and since Russell's brand is successful, there may be significant pressure from advertisers and agents to get Baldwin on the same route. Up his credibility and his notoriety, as it were. So, the problem may be that doing what Wilson does would make Baldwin fell insincere and used. Especially since there are plenty of people out there who have used this robotic and fake route before. (Tiger Woods comes to mind.) He is who he wants to be, and I can see him being offended by suggestions he ought to do otherwise.

    Maybe that's stretching a little bit, but I do think it fits the facts fairly well, too. (Why ADB doesn't just say this, though...)


    :th2thumbs:
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7453
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:14 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:One RT with a "No, I'm not talking about Russell Wilson," and this discussion thread doesn't exist.


    but it also implies that he even feels the need to clarify the speculation with a response, in which case these same wacky fans will take that as "But at least you understand why we'd think so!" and then we are back to square one.


    I absolutely understand your point of view, but by putting this out here in the first place and then refusing to clarify, he invites the type of speculation that media members will eventually run with/try to create some drama with to find a story, which I think most people would agree our team doesn't need.

    He shouldn't have posted this at all, really, or at least not on Twitter. Get a blog so that you can articulate your thoughts clearly and without the chance for this sort of misreading.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

    --Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3754
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:16 am
  • How provincial.

    One could mistakenly jump to the assumption that nothing exists outside of the Seahawk universe.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3703
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:24 am
  • While it's conceivable ADB was alluding to Wilson, I'd like to think Doug's smarter than that. It's not like we have a shortage of ball catchers on the team and pissing on the corn flakes of his QB, under such circumstances, just isn't very prudent. And IF he is ranting about Wilson, I suggest he has decided to hit the bottle, after all.

    Pro athletes: Just say NO to Twitter.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6235
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:25 am
  • Hmm I thought ADB aimed these more towards Golden, for his comments he stated in an interview. Because before he left imo seemed fake. "I love the fans, I'll take lower, blah blah blah" And I thought there was some of team not to happy at GT "shrug" IDK.. but I'm with everyone else, I think now after reading most these comments, its just ADB being ADB and there's nothing to look into or be worried about. Those of you worried, stop believing everything you read and spend time getting ready to enjoy this next season :D

    :stirthepot:
    Conference Championships: NFC: 2005, 2013
    Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013
    Superbowl Championships: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8.. SUCK IT

    The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    User avatar
    Exittium
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1184
    Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:27 am
  • This could just as easily be read as a dig at Golden Tate as he was all over the radio talking about his "brand" the last few days, which would maybe even contain a grain of logic as Tate is now gone.

    There's some real 2 + 2 = 5 going on here.
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 803
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 am
  • Russell is very controlled, as he's quite aware of people making their own impression of his actions (i.e. people always watching). This can come across as having a fake persona, but it's an awareness of scrutiny for public people and I'm sure he's a bit different when out of the public.

    As far as building brand, it's not really different than what Sherman's doing, it's just a different methodology.

    Finally, when I watched one of his recent interviews on nfl.com and he was talking about his camp for kids, his demeanor changed...loosened up and you could see his enthusiasm for working with kids. It wasn't fake.

    Not saying baldwin is referring to Wilson, as I can't read his mind and trying to read the twitter tea leaves is a bit like looking at a rorschach test.
    lobohawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:22 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:30 am
  • OkieHawk wrote:I hate the offseason.

    Agreed.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8007
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:33 am
  • Ah, offseason rumors and speculation.

    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18919
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:46 am
  • I believe Doug's comments are directed at Cris Carter. No one will be able to convince me otherwise.
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    User avatar
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 869
    Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm
    Location: Everett WA


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:50 am
  • Cartire wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    Cartire wrote:To be fair to the OP. Many people replied asking if it was Russ in the tweets. ADB responded to many questions and replies. He didn't reply to a single person asking if it was Russ.


    So everyone thinks Russ is a fruad?

    awwwwwwwwwwwwwkward.


    I Think they think Doug thinks so. I think Doug using robot and brand with kids (while Russ is doing his camp) is where people draw the connection. I think the fact that Doug took the time to reply to various comments in his tweets but not dispute the notion that it was RW is suspicious.

    Or it's entirely possible that the very idea that he would put his QB on blast a week before training camp is patently absurd, so he doesn't even take the time to respond to such nonsense. He also didn't reply to inquiries about Tate, so clearly that's who he was talking about. :sarcasm_off:

    Training camp can't get here soon enough.
    brettb3
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 181
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:31 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:03 am
  • Wow ya'll folks are taking this way too seriously. I was expecting some jokes. Sometimes this site can be worse than twitter.
    User avatar
    RussJames
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:49 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:06 am
  • Cartire wrote:To be fair to the OP. Many people replied asking if it was Russ in the tweets. ADB responded to many questions and replies. He didn't reply to a single person asking if it was Russ.

    Well, from the title of the OP's post, it sounded like there was an inside knowing about a rift between ADB and RW.
    Sorry, but if it's all assumptive bullshit, then it should have been posted as such.
    Baldwin needs to clean it all up, because all this foo-fuh-rah was started by his tweets, and haters going to be looking for someone to hate on, and this only fuels the fools.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3763
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:32 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    LolaRox wrote:I don't know if it's a shot at RW or not, but it certainly can be taken as one and for that reason alone Doug should clear it up if it wasn't.


    It can be taken as a shot at RW if you're a ridiculous fanatic who can't help but pretend to know what's in other people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are painting this as a shot at RW are the same people who worried about how Earl Thomas was going to like being a Seahawk because they turned into body language "experts" watching him take the call from the Hawks when he was drafted.

    Doug doesn't owe it to anyone to clear up the speculation in their heads. Some things aren't even worth responding to.

    No he doesn't, he ought to just let it fester, that would be good for his resume, eh?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3763
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:41 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I love Baldwin as a player, but as a human being he seems to be a very needy attention whore who thrives on conflict and being disrespected. I don't think he can go a week without being offended by someone or something.


    This is pretty much my impression of Baldwin as well. He just seems like a pretty unhappy person in general and that's a real shame considering where he's at in his life right now (Young, healthy, financially secure, etc.). I hope he figures out how to lighten up and enjoy life instead of being pissed off at something or other all the time.

    OTOH, I could be totally wrong. :Dunno:
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1311
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:47 am
  • Cartire wrote:To be fair to the OP. Many people replied asking if it was Russ in the tweets. ADB responded to many questions and replies. He didn't reply to a single person asking if it was Russ.


    I think ADB simply chose not to respond to dumb questions.

    Think about it. Would ADB really call out his own QB on Twitter when everyone knows that shit always ends up on the front page of ESPN and NFL.com — especially during the offseason? That's not the way he'd handle a situation like this.
    Last edited by Dreadbelch on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Dreadbelch
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 255
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:55 am
  • Image
    User avatar
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2320
    Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:59 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 am
  • The only thing that could make this connection is the fact he used the word "robotic" and we all call RW...robot. It's a BIG stretch. Honestly like others have said, this is just Doug doing his standard "I'm going to try and enlighten the world" tweets. It's a reason why I've stopped following him. It's just not that interesting to me, and he's one of THOSE tweeters. Some like it, others like myself find it bleh.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 890
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:08 pm
  • Thats the evil of social media folks. Folks can run their mouths irresponsibly.
    FWIW, ADB gave his opinion of the Luck vs Wilson debate in RW'S rookie year emphatically stating Luck was better on the Real Rob Report. He has a good rapport with RW on the field but to say they are close may be inaccurate. RW is highly Christian especially on twitter which may come off as fake in the eye of those who are not very religious.
    I'm just thankful RW and Percy seem to have a great friendship and respect. Especially since the passing of Percy Harvin's father.
    Last edited by Russ Willstrong on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 817
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:11 pm
  • Yes, everybody knows he is robotic and he means business. When did that ever become a bad thing. Should he throw parties after camps and go shoe shopping??

    And another thing. How many celebs and athletes would be doing any charity or other public events just for the sake of helping people and being sincere?? I would bet 95% arent.
    seadoc30
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 204
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:04 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:14 pm
  • If ADB had troubles with RW why would he sign an extension? There's hundreds of Athletes he could be referring to with that statement. Many are fake robots.
    theascension
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 256
    Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:44 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    LolaRox wrote:I don't know if it's a shot at RW or not, but it certainly can be taken as one and for that reason alone Doug should clear it up if it wasn't.


    It can be taken as a shot at RW if you're a ridiculous fanatic who can't help but pretend to know what's in other people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are painting this as a shot at RW are the same people who worried about how Earl Thomas was going to like being a Seahawk because they turned into body language "experts" watching him take the call from the Hawks when he was drafted.

    Doug doesn't owe it to anyone to clear up the speculation in their heads. Some things aren't even worth responding to.

    No he doesn't, he ought to just let it fester, that would be good for his resume, eh?


    It's not his responsibility to correct misperceptions that OTHER people have. It doesn't reflect on him in any way, but on the people who like to presume they know some secret. That's their deal, not his.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8312
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:21 pm
  • Anybody that doesn't think RW - please tell me what other NFL player that has been called robotic in regards to their media image....
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3722
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:47 pm
  • Regardless of who it's aimed at, it shows how young and inexperienced Angry Doug really is. He's a kid, so I'm not going to hold it against him, but he needs to hire a publicist who can explain how the real world works.

    Being "real" is a freaking joke. What does that even mean, anyway? Being an a-hole for the mere sake of it? Every time I've seen someone say they were "being real", in reality they were just being a thoughtless a-hole and alienating people around them. So what is that even supposed to mean? Never changing who you are as a person? Never caring about what others think of you?

    99% of a person's success in life will be determined by how they "brand" themselves - i.e., their ability to control their inner emotions and outer appearances.

    Have you ever dealt with a person who was ruled by their emotions? As a fan, it's fun to watch, sure. But in personal and professional relationships, it's a complete pain. We've all dealt with people who can't control their emotions or reactions. And when you are dealing with them, all you can think about is getting away from this insane person in front of you. It's the #1 outward sign of inner immaturity.
    Last edited by HansGruber on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2326
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:48 pm
  • mikeak wrote:Anybody that doesn't think RW - please tell me what other NFL player that has been called robotic in regards to their media image....



    yes because nobody in the history of time has ever used the term 'robotic' to describe by-the-book expected predictable token unexpressive behavior..this was invented with russell wilson.

    because one time moffitt was on real rob report.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2877
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 pm
  • mikeak wrote:Anybody that doesn't think RW - please tell me what other NFL player that has been called robotic in regards to their media image....


    Actually there have been plenty at one time Tom Brady was thought of as Robotic, With regards to how they deal with eh media P. Manning is one of the most robotic there is, and I can go on.

    There is no direct evidence he is talking about Rw, there is only circumstantial evidence that can also apply to many others to include Tate.


    To be honest there is not enough evidence to say it was at Rw at all.

    Looking at this picture tough to say there is a problem at all

    http://bigstory.ap.org/photo/russell-wi ... -baldwin-0

    Also note I am looking a this twitter feed, and no were does anyone ask him if he is talking about Rw, and in fact his post comes from no were except it is does come right after Tates interview were he talks about his brand etc. So while I cannot know for sure there is just as much evidence to say it is toward Tate as anyone. The reality is we do not know.

    However we do know that Baldwin did say this

    QB Russell Wilson is...


    (HBO.com)

    Baldwin: "He reminds me of the dwarf, Tyrion Lannister. Well, Tyrion is probably a little taller than him [laughter]. No, it's not Tyrion, I just had to say that for jokes. I would say he reminds me of Ned Stark. Ned was always composed. He was always calm. He never really changed. He got fiery sometimes, but for the most part he was pretty even keeled. Russ reminds me of Ned Stark."

    Not it snot the comparison to game of thrones so much as to whom and the way he talks about Rw specifically "Russ" not the term you use with someone you do not like. Normally if you do not like someone you will not use a name or their last name only "Russ" is a name used by friends.
    Last edited by Anthony! on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:07 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    LolaRox wrote:I don't know if it's a shot at RW or not, but it certainly can be taken as one and for that reason alone Doug should clear it up if it wasn't.


    It can be taken as a shot at RW if you're a ridiculous fanatic who can't help but pretend to know what's in other people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are painting this as a shot at RW are the same people who worried about how Earl Thomas was going to like being a Seahawk because they turned into body language "experts" watching him take the call from the Hawks when he was drafted.

    Doug doesn't owe it to anyone to clear up the speculation in their heads. Some things aren't even worth responding to.



    I didn't say he OWED it to anyone. However, If I said something and people mistakenly took it as a shot to one of my teammates I think I should set the record straight if not for me, at least for that teammate. Its an easy thing to correct and would only cost him 20 seconds and 140 characters. People clarify their comments all the time.

    Again, I have no idea if it is or isn't about RW but the fact that it's out there would be enough for me to make it clear that it's not if it isn't.
    User avatar
    LolaRox
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 43
    Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:22 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:10 pm
  • You know if these guys ever read how seriously we take and/or over react to everything they say. I'm sure they would just laugh their asses off.

    ADB could have watched Star Wars one day and just tweeted "I hate robots" and people would automatically think "ZOMG ADB hates RW, SEAHAWK DRAMA!!!".
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 890
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:26 pm
  • I was at his camp on July 10th and he seemed very happy, he even sang along to a Michael Jackson song. He spent time with my son along with Wags and Rice. They all seemed to be real and enjoying themselves, Wilson included. I took a ton of pics of Wilson and he never looked bored, tired or fake the entire 7 hours of the camp. For what it is worth.
    User avatar
    Mike 4G
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 1:17 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:26 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:The offseason is lame.

    Yup. So is social media along with it.
    Geez you guys sound like a bunch of gossiping girls.
    Oh, and that rumor about Golden and Ashton. lol. Before that it was John Legend.
    Seriously.

    This says it all.

    Also let me add derka derka derka.
    Image
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    User avatar
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2867
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm
    Location: Oroville CA.


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:41 pm
  • Dude was probably watching Robocop on dvd. A healthy fear of robots (automatonophobia?) explains his rant.
    Problem is he posting on the interwebs.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 817
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:03 pm
  • Didn't Doug say last year that Luck was the best Qb coming out of he 2012 draft. And he would take Luck over Wilson.
    Maybe just the Stanford ties or was there some issues last year.
    User avatar
    nepahawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:34 pm
    Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:08 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:The offseason is lame.

    Yup. So is social media along with it.
    Geez you guys sound like a bunch of gossiping girls.
    Oh, and that rumor about Golden and Ashton. lol. Before that it was John Legend.
    Seriously.


    I always thought Golden was homosexual.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1960
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:08 pm
  • The last tweet in the OP makes it pretty obvious that Baldwin is taking a shot at someone. It could be anyone. I do think it's kind of an eyebrow raiser though that when fans asked him if it was Wilson, he made no attempt to clarify. Doug's the kind of guy that wouldn't lie to cover his tracks... his choice to not answer is perhaps telling.

    For argument's sake, let's say he actually is taking a shot at his QB. That doesn't necessarily mean they dislike each other. Doug is going to tell you what he thinks, he's kind of got that Charles Barkley side to him. In this regard, Russell Wilson is a near perfect opposite.

    I'm kind of in that Charles Barkley category myself, I try not to be an ass but I feel uncomfortable wearing a mask and I am naturally wary of those who wear different masks for different occasions. I don't think it's possible to be perfect without living behind a mask, but at the same time, it is frustrating to see others wear fake smiles and laugh fake laughs, even if you know they are good people on the inside.

    Seeing these facade traits is agitating to those of us who strongly believe in being honest about our identities. I personally have felt similar feelings of rage as expressed by Baldwin directed at someone near and dear to me for the same stated reasons. But ultimately, I got over it. I accepted our personality differences and eventually it wasn't anything to bother over anymore.

    Even on the chance this is a feud between Russ and Doug, I have faith that these guys will man up and move on. It might not even take long.

    I certainly hope the last tweet wasn't a reference to Wilson though, yikes! Regardless, I think this is probably harmless, even if Baldwin was referring to Wilson. Which he may or may not have been.
    Last edited by kearly on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11395
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:10 pm
  • nepahawk wrote:Didn't Doug say last year that Luck was the best Qb coming out of he 2012 draft. And he would take Luck over Wilson.
    Maybe just the Stanford ties or was there some issues last year.


    He said that before the season even started since then he has been very very pro RW
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1296
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:12 pm
  • To everyone talking about Golden and Russell, let's not forget that the affair rumor was started by Terez Owens, an internet personality who is basically the sports gossip equivalent of Incarcerated Bob. The same source also said that Wilson is gay.

    HansGruber wrote:Have you ever dealt with a person who was ruled by their emotions? As a fan, it's fun to watch, sure. But in personal and professional relationships, it's a complete pain. We've all dealt with people who can't control their emotions or reactions. And when you are dealing with them, all you can think about is getting away from this insane person in front of you. It's the #1 outward sign of inner immaturity.


    Actually that would be #2. Flipping off little kids is #1. :)
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11395
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:26 pm
  • Maybe M.Robinson had a point when he said today that young guys have money now in the locker room and egos can take over. Could be happening to Baldwin. If this guy is publicly dissing his qb (our face of the franchise), he needs to be shown the damn door. No room for people like that. Without chemistry, there's no winning. Already miss Big Red, Clemons, n MR.
    seadoc30
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 204
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:04 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:28 pm
  • uncle fester wrote:This could just as easily be read as a dig at Golden Tate as he was all over the radio talking about his "brand" the last few days, which would maybe even contain a grain of logic as Tate is now gone.

    There's some real 2 + 2 = 5 going on here.


    I was thinking the same thing, the 2+2=5 bit anyways.

    This could be about anyone and anything. Dont read into stuff that doesn't need to be read into. That is the soap opera mentality there.
    kpak76
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 197
    Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:35 pm
  • kpak76 wrote:
    uncle fester wrote:This could just as easily be read as a dig at Golden Tate as he was all over the radio talking about his "brand" the last few days, which would maybe even contain a grain of logic as Tate is now gone.

    There's some real 2 + 2 = 5 going on here.


    I was thinking the same thing, the 2+2=5 bit anyways.

    This could be about anyone and anything. Dont read into stuff that doesn't need to be read into. That is the soap opera mentality there.


    thinking that too
    User avatar
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1062
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm
    Location: Taipei


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:36 pm
  • kearly wrote:The last tweet in the OP makes it pretty obvious that Baldwin is taking a shot at someone. It could be anyone. I do think it's kind of an eyebrow raiser though that when fans asked him if it was Wilson, he made no attempt to clarify. Doug's the kind of guy that wouldn't lie to cover his tracks... his choice to not answer is perhaps telling.

    For argument's sake, let's say he actually is taking a shot at his QB. That doesn't necessarily mean they dislike each other. Doug is going to tell you what he thinks, he's kind of got that Charles Barkley side to him. In this regard, Russell Wilson is a near perfect opposite.

    I'm kind of in that Charles Barkley category myself, and my brother who I'm very close to is sometimes a bit of a fake person who tries to be perfect. I don't think it's possible to be perfect without living behind a mask, but at the same time, it is frustrating to see others wear fake smiles and laugh fake laughs, even if you know they are good people on the inside. I still love my brother, he's my best friend. But I won't lie, there have been days it bothered me to the degree it seems to be bothering Baldwin in these tweets. But ultimately, I get over it. I still love my brother.

    I certainly hope the last tweet wasn't a reference to Wilson though, yikes! Regardless, I think this is probably harmless, even if Baldwin was referring to Wilson. Which he may or may not have been.

    He also didn't answer people who asked if it was about Tate. Doug's an honest guy, but at times he tweets intentionally vague things in order to get a rise out of people. A few months ago he posted a tweet that seemed to imply that NFL players have it tougher than people in the military. People tweeted back at him in outrage, then Doug eventually revealed that he was referring to something completely different. I think things like that are his way of showing that people take what guys in his position say way too seriously. Sort of like what we're doing right now. ;)
    brettb3
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 181
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:31 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm
  • I would argue that, if Russ is a bit robotic, it's cuz divorce sucks and the dude is goin' thru a private hell and tryin' to put on a happy face around the kids.
    So leave the dude the fark alone... geez.
    AD doesn't always have to be A, D.

    P.S. so much for getting that custom "Angry Doug" hoodie...
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Rocket
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1445
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:10 pm
  • kearly wrote:To everyone talking about Golden and Russell, let's not forget that the affair rumor was started by Terez Owens, an internet personality who is basically the sports gossip equivalent of Incarcerated Bob. The same source also said that Wilson is gay.


    I'd be inclined to believe this, and also thought the rumors about Tate and Wilson's wife were BS. Until I found out that members of the team were saying it, and saying that it was a legitimate issue during the Superbowl. Whether or not it is true, it is a fact that the locker room thought it was true before they even played in the Superbowl.
    User avatar
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2326
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:11 pm
  • So how many days left to training camp this kind of stuff is beyond the pale. Even if he does have that opinion , I don't care.
    User avatar
    General Manager
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2260
    Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 pm


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:45 pm
  • brettb3 wrote:He also didn't answer people who asked if it was about Tate. Doug's an honest guy, but at times he tweets intentionally vague things in order to get a rise out of people. A few months ago he posted a tweet that seemed to imply that NFL players have it tougher than people in the military. People tweeted back at him in outrage, then Doug eventually revealed that he was referring to something completely different. I think things like that are his way of showing that people take what guys in his position say way too seriously. Sort of like what we're doing right now. ;)


    Well, the Baldwin quotes don't fit Tate at all (even the "brand" comment doesn't fit Tate since Baldwin is clearly referring to a person who is creating a brand off the field). The comments fit Wilson in ways that are super-obvious. It doesn't mean he is talking about Wilson, but it was the first person to jump to mind and I struggle think of anyone else who checks half the boxes. If Baldwin's going to be mum on questions about Wilson, it makes sense to be mum about all such questions. But why not deny it if it is not a teammate? Why not at least clarify things by saying it's not Wilson given how obvious the connections are?
    Last edited by kearly on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11395
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:47 pm
  • Wilson's twitter has three posts for the past 24 hours, which are:





    Last edited by kearly on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11395
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:57 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:I'd be inclined to believe this, and also thought the rumors about Tate and Wilson's wife were BS. Until I found out that members of the team were saying it, and saying that it was a legitimate issue during the Superbowl. Whether or not it is true, it is a fact that the locker room thought it was true before they even played in the Superbowl.


    Not trying to be a smartass, I just want to know. Can you prove it's a fact? Did any team members go on the record anywhere other than being referenced anonymously on an internet rumor site?
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11395
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information