Problem between Russell and Doug??

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Problem between Russell and Doug??
Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:49 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Doug wasnt at the ESPYs. Thats clearly a sign.

Well they couldn't have everyone attend, so that makes your 'sign' about as clear as mud.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:18 pm
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:24 pm
  • You can never really tell for sure around here. I just treat everyone's posts like they were written by tokadub. Ain't nobody got time to analyze all the sarcasm.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:32 pm
  • Twitter is best left to 15 year old girls.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:48 pm
  • Ughhhhh this thread is sooooooo dumb

But if I did think ADB was talking about someone specific I think Tate makes much more sense
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:18 pm
  • ADB was talking about me. I styled on him at the intersection of Grady Way & Rainier in my kitted out, 'Robotic' (my doors are custom made to flip open via voice control) ZR1. He didn't like that too much. Plus my mini schnauzer/yorkie mix was in the front passenger seat and bitched his pit bull out and made it whimper and hide in the back seat.
    What's Next? What's Next? What's N-X-E-T...?"
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 pm
  • Who cares? Nothing to do with what happens on the field. Heaven forbid anyone says something bad about a QB. That never happens in the NFL...
    Sherman4Prez
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:08 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Or it could be a shot at Sherm or Tate or generally anyone he perceives as fake.

It COULD be, but it's not. It's directed straight at Russell Wilson. I have but one word for you denialists:

Robotic.

It's always been the word to describe RW. No one else. Just RW.

Actually I never heard it use to described Rw till recently, I have heard it to describe Manning and Brady before. Still all that said the FACTS are no one really knows to whom if anyone specifically he was talking about. Other than that there is just a bunch of people making something out of nothing.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:Twitter is best left to 15 year old girls.

And foul-mouthed lesbian comedians...
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:24 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:Actually I never heard it use to described Rw till recently, I have heard it to describe Manning and Brady before.

Hawks fans have lovingly been calling RW a robot almost since day one, then John Moffitt introduced the idea on RRR a couple years ago and it's stuck in that locker room ever since.

I think most of us consider "robot" to be a high compliment. The list of players in the NFL described as robots by fans and players is a really short one, and they tend to be extremely good (Manning, Rodgers).

So when he chooses the word "robot" it's a fairly specific descriptor, especially since it's been attached to RW so much in the locker room.

I don't know if he's taking a shot at Wilson or not. But, everything he's said could apply to Wilson. Baldwin makes cryptic tweets that sound as if aimed at Wilson, and then Wilson makes cryptic tweets that imply he's been wounded by someone a few hours later.

As far as the alternate theories, none presented yet fully explain both Wilson and Baldwin's tweets happening in the same time frame like they did without indulging in some Johnny Cochran type coincidences.
    Last edited by kearly on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:24 pm
  • Doug was just speaking his mind about the subject of branding, look at his twitter responses now, people are quick to jump. Someone posted a small article on his twitter that Doug meets with his social media marketing team to discuss how to brand himself, they also told him to stop getting into discussions that ends up in an arguement. That didn't stop him as that would make him seem fake, the robotic part was taken out of context by a lot of people when he probably meant that he didn't want to be unemotional in his tweets.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:38 pm
  • this is why twitter and all this stuff shouldn't exist. Fans shouldn't analyze personal life between players ,
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:45 pm
  • theincrediblesok wrote:Doug was just speaking his mind about the subject of branding, look at his twitter responses now, people are quick to jump. Someone posted a small article on his twitter that Doug meets with his social media marketing team to discuss how to brand himself, they also told him to stop getting into discussions that ends up in an arguement. That didn't stop him as that would make him seem fake, the robotic part was taken out of context by a lot of people when he probably meant that he didn't want to be unemotional in his tweets.

I've given this a lot of thought, and I think it is certainly possible that Baldwin was not taking a shot at any one individual specifically, despite the pointed language and harsh judgements he makes against "some" people. Baldwin has always had that kind of edge to him and even when he doesn't have a target like Cris Carter for example, perhaps he feels most natural by creating a target in those situations, the "some" in his tweets. Maybe that's just how he relates ideas. I could kind of buy that. Especially since there is no good reason for him to attack RW.

But even in this scenario, Baldwin is still ripping the idea of building a brand by appearances and "robotic" methods. I could definitely see RW reading those tweets and feel that even if they weren't directed at him, they were directed at his way of doing things. It would only be natural for him to be offended, and the timing and nature of Wilson's tweets are pretty hard to explain otherwise.

I'm willing to give Baldwin the benefit of the doubt. But I think that he should probably be a little bit more careful about how he delivers his messages. Even if it is a misunderstanding, it's possible his tweets could be the reason that RW was pissed off all the same. He's not being clever, he needs to learn how to explain a concept without putting people down in the process, or else it could create unfortunate misunderstandings.
    Last edited by kearly on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:15 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:Where do you get that that has anything to do with Wilson?

Your grammar hurts my head...
    LOVE, LOYALTY, RESPECT & HONOR
    GLOCKHAWK
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 am
  • kearly wrote:
    theincrediblesok wrote:Doug was just speaking his mind about the subject of branding, look at his twitter responses now, people are quick to jump. Someone posted a small article on his twitter that Doug meets with his social media marketing team to discuss how to brand himself, they also told him to stop getting into discussions that ends up in an arguement. That didn't stop him as that would make him seem fake, the robotic part was taken out of context by a lot of people when he probably meant that he didn't want to be unemotional in his tweets.

Why then the hateful tone in the tweets? And the allusions to "some." Maybe he's not talking about Wilson but it definitely sounds like he's talking about someone.

What about other people in general, could be businesses, could be other athletes in other sports. Could be he met his role model who happened to be fake with him when he was young.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 am
  • kearly wrote:
    theincrediblesok wrote:Doug was just speaking his mind about the subject of branding, look at his twitter responses now, people are quick to jump. Someone posted a small article on his twitter that Doug meets with his social media marketing team to discuss how to brand himself, they also told him to stop getting into discussions that ends up in an arguement. That didn't stop him as that would make him seem fake, the robotic part was taken out of context by a lot of people when he probably meant that he didn't want to be unemotional in his tweets.

I've given this a lot of thought, and I think it is certainly possible that Baldwin was not taking a shot at any one individual specifically, despite the pointed language and harsh judgements he makes against "some" people. Baldwin has always had that kind of edge to him and even when he doesn't have a target like Cris Carter for example, perhaps he feels most natural by creating a target in those situations, the "some" in his tweets. Maybe that's just how he relates ideas. I could kind of buy that. Especially since there is no good reason for him to attack RW.

But even in this scenario, Baldwin is still ripping the idea of building a brand by appearances and "robotic" methods. I could definitely see RW reading those tweets and feel that even if they weren't directed at him, they were directed at his way of doing things. It would only be natural for him to be offended, and the timing and nature of Wilson's tweets are pretty hard to explain otherwise.

I'm willing to give Baldwin the benefit of the doubt. But I think that he should probably be a little bit more careful about how he delivers his messages. Even if it is a misunderstanding, it's possible his tweets could be the reason that RW was pissed off all the same. He's not being clever, he needs to learn how to explain a concept without putting people down in the process, or else it could create unfortunate misunderstandings.

This might of been what happened. Awhile back I entered in to design a logo because Russ was looking for one that could be used for his brand. Some designers chimed in on Russ that he shouldn't ask for a logo but instead pay for it. In the end he listen to those tweets because he never mention about that contest again. I can see Russ looking at Baldwin and thinking exactly how you explained it, or it never phased him and that tweet came in coincidence, I've seen another tweet that was just as short "ignore the noise." a day before baldwin's tweet.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:01 am
  • I don't think this Baldwin's posts are aimed at anyone specifically and what he his referring to is his own philosphy.

Perhaps Wilson falls under this category but I feel everone knows Wilson is the genuine article in everything he does.

And what Baldwin his actually alluding to is himself, in that, he's not going to change who he is, hes going to be what he wants to be.

There are plenty of people on this Earth that will fake who they are, who are deceptive, who lie, cheat, steal, and manipulate in the name of capitalism.

But I don't think Baldwin thinks Wilson is that guy even though we know the picture he painted sounds like Wilson. And it comes down to is if you believe in Wilson to be the genuine article. And imo Wilson is who he is and who he wants to be.

So no I dont think Baldwin was taking a shot at Wilson but more or less standing up and stating his own philosphic beliefs in how he should market himself in that he's not going to fake who he is and create a false persona to market his brand like manyathletes, celebrities, business moguls have done throughout time and history to make a quick buck.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:55 am
  • I agree the Tate Ashton sounds legit, Seahawks front office probably knew they had to do something, the locker room would divide over this stuff and also Tate would be a guy that married guys would have an eye on in social aspects which could also lead to issues. Wilson came out made his one statement and said that would be the last comment. Everything else said now is speculation and is also why I don't think he responded to Tate either.

Baldwin is a smart guy, you don't throw your QB to the media no matter what kind of avenue and expect things to go well, they are professionals but they are also teammates and you have your guys back.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:44 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:Twitter is best left to 15 year old girls.

Does this include Margaret Cho?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:58 am
  • chris98251 wrote:I agree the Tate Ashton sounds legit, Seahawks front office probably knew they had to do something, the locker room would divide over this stuff and also Tate would be a guy that married guys would have an eye on in social aspects which could also lead to issues. Wilson came out made his one statement and said that would be the last comment. Everything else said no is speculation and is also why I don't think he responded to Tate either.

Baldwin is a smart guy, you don't throw your QB to the media no matter what kind of avenue and expect things to go well, they are professionals but they are also teammates and you have your guys back.

I dont think this is totally out of line. Thier relationship seemed very strained after Week 17. But I dont think if true it was as dire as it was, maybe Tate liked Ashton or whatever and it was mutual. But Tate and his girl are some kinky couple, and Tate brought up the idea of swapping and maybe Ashton wanted to explore her sexuality with girls. Or some ish like that.

And really the Divorce was really about Wilson letting Ashton go so she could be free and go explore her sexual curosity. It could be why Tate, his girl, and Ashton are still seemingly great friends but Wilson has put himself out of that loop and picture
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:55 am
  • This thread has gotten out of hand
    setha880
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:19 am
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I agree the Tate Ashton sounds legit, Seahawks front office probably knew they had to do something, the locker room would divide over this stuff and also Tate would be a guy that married guys would have an eye on in social aspects which could also lead to issues. Wilson came out made his one statement and said that would be the last comment. Everything else said no is speculation and is also why I don't think he responded to Tate either.

I dont think this is totally out of line. Thier relationship seemed very strained after Week 17. But I dont think if true it was as dire as it was, maybe Tate liked Ashton or whatever and it was mutual. But Tate and his girl are some kinky couple, and Tate brought up the idea of swapping and maybe Ashton wanted to explore her sexuality with girls. Or some ish like that.

And really the Divorce was really about Wilson letting Ashton go so she could be free and go explore her sexual curosity. It could be why Tate, his girl, and Ashton are still seemingly great friends but Wilson has put himself out of that loop and picture

Jeezuz.
    Stop watching daytime TV.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:31 am
  • kearly wrote:

Dougie rants. It's what he does. Half his rants are fighting some paper lion, it reinforces his convictions and makes him feel like his code is strong. Good for him. I don't think he has any need to censor himself unless he gets a lot more personal than he has. Perhaps he needs to understand that his feelings are not that important to others, but this thread suggests they are way to important to some.

Just like Russ posts scriptures. Often about forgiveness. The use of a word like robotic might mean him, might not, and I don't care if it does or not. It won't affect what happens on the field, neither player is that kind of wimp.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:35 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Doug wasnt at the ESPYs. Thats clearly a sign.

Speaking of award shows... this thread has to be a nominee for the 'Worst Thread of the Year' award at the annual .Net awards, to be held in Aros' basement later this year, right? Date and time still to be determined, but this one's definitely got a strong chance to take home the award this year.

I'm going to act like none of this ever happened and I'll try not to use any of this against any of you at a future time. Whether on this message board, or in person, I promise. I understand, it's been a lonnnng off-season and everyone just wants to see the guys back out their on the field. In the mean time, enjoy yourselves and stop worrying about anything on twitter. Ever.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:38 am
  • Fuzzman55 wrote:I thought he was talking about Lebron. Don't be so mean, Doug. The letter to Cleveland was real!

This actually makes a lot of sense since Baldwin is a pretty big Heat fan... Except for the "robot" part though

The rest of the speculating and rumor-spreading is pretty juvenile IMO.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:53 am
  • Doesn't matter if he was talking about big russ. He doesn't have to love his QB. Russ has the leadership skills to make everyone fall in line.
    HawkNuts
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:04 am
  • 253hawk wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:Doug wasnt at the ESPYs. Thats clearly a sign.

Well they couldn't have everyone attend, so that makes your 'sign' about as clear as mud.

I think he is in Spokane on the 12th Man tour.
    Jayburd14
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:31 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I agree the Tate Ashton sounds legit, Seahawks front office probably knew they had to do something, the locker room would divide over this stuff and also Tate would be a guy that married guys would have an eye on in social aspects which could also lead to issues. Wilson came out made his one statement and said that would be the last comment. Everything else said no is speculation and is also why I don't think he responded to Tate either.

Jeezuz.

Lol I dont even have cable if the world still calls it that. Nor internet othe than my phone and coffee shops. I was just entertaining that perhaps something did happen that wasnt in the realm of actual adultry, something Russ wasnt comfortable with and something that might of put a strain on his, Ashton and Tates relationship if what Gruber said had any slivers of truth to them.

And yes in my life experience and those of my closest friends, sexual curiosity is an odd but wild adventure that can ruin even the strongest of relationships and even weaken them through inquiry.

To share just a tad, my wife would never entertain the idea of a 3some even though shes somewhat attracted to girls bc it would challenge our dynamics. And since our marriage I stpped asking and understand that I would feel just has insecure if she wanted 2guys.

But yeah I do have an active imagination like I said in my Wilson thread I was pretty drunk earlier but still it wouldnt be out of line to believe that Ashton never cheated Russ and that he was just proposition ed with something that did make uncomfortable and did challenge the dynamics of both Ash and Tate.

Just sayin. Just thinking outside of the box.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:41 am
  • A lot of time wasted speculating about any of this. I just remember being told that I "think I'm better than everyone" because I have never used Twitter. :th2thumbs:
    That was pretty funny.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:36 am

What did you just read.... this is screenplay ready.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:40 am
    Scottemojo wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:

Jeezuz.

Lol I dont even have cable if the world still calls it that. Nor internet othe than my phone and coffee shops. I was just entertaining that perhaps something did happen that wasnt in the realm of actual adultry, something Russ wasnt comfortable with and something that might of put a strain on his, Ashton and Tates relationship if what Gruber said had any slivers of truth to them.

And yes in my life experience and those of my closest friends, sexual curiosity is an odd but wild adventure that can ruin even the strongest of relationships and even weaken them through inquiry.

To share just a tad, my wife would never entertain the idea of a 3some even though shes somewhat attracted to girls bc it would challenge our dynamics. And since our marriage I stpped asking and understand that I would feel just has insecure if she wanted 2guys.

But yeah I do have an active imagination like I said in my Wilson thread I was pretty drunk earlier but still it wouldnt be out of line to believe that Ashton never cheated Russ and that he was just proposition ed with something that did make uncomfortable and did challenge the dynamics of both Ash and Tate.

Just sayin. Just thinking outside of the box.

Dude.... Strong Christians dont get divorced over uncomfortable propositions.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:50 am
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote: Just thinking outside of the box.

I think you think about the box too much.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:18 am
  • Is there a reason we should care what Baldwin tweets?

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:28 am
  • Whether or not here are any truth to all of these wild speculations, I would guess management is aware and will need to get involved before it blows up. One WR was already sent down the road to prevent dissension, another could be on the way, if there is any truth to the rumors. If these guys do have a problem with each other, others in the locker room will begin to take sides and we don't need a split locker room. I'm sure the FO is well aware of this speculation and will bring a quick end to it, one way or another.
    Everyone's efforts should be 100% focused on the coming season and not on petty squabbles.
    Because athletes are talented, famous and wealthy, we tend to forget they are also immature youth, very few are out of their 20's. In no way is a mid 20's person, athlete of not, to be consider a mature adult. Most talented athletes have had their butts kissed since jr high school and have no idea about the realities of life.
    Let's get back to football.....
    Donn2390
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:43 am
  • The most confusing trend I see around here is when people chime in on a thread with a derogatory comment about how foolish, lame, drunk, or boring the posters involved are, or how the thread just plain sucks. (The weirdest ones are those disparaging social media en masse... while posting on a social media site.) When you're out and about do you wander into people's conversations just to tell them how their conversation sucks and you hate them now? WTH is that?

If you're going to say "this topic is so ridiculous, it's not even worth explanatory reasons" then it's probably worthless enough to not post at all. Let others have their conversation. Sheesh. You can agree or disagree, but stating you hate this site or Seahawks fans just because they are discussing a topic is lazy, condescending, and off-putting. If you think a specific post goes too far, then address it directly. Having a point makes for better, clearer, more constructive discussion. Expressing anger because a discussion exists does not.

Now, to add something to the convo:

Seahawks4life wrote:This goes along with what I believe David hsu on twitter was posting where a buddy of his helped with RW camp and said Russ is robotic and all business, and didn't seem like he was happy at the kids camp..

Here are some of those:

Personally, I find it in poor taste that Hsu would make judgment statements on Twitter based on second-hand accounts. Still, he covers the Hawks all day every day and has been pro-RW in the past, so if he's picking up a "fake" vibe from RW and then Baldwin says this later that night...

...it's not ridiculous that fans would connect the dots and want to know what's true and what's not. It is assumptive and rash to claim to know without a doubt that Doug is talking about Russ, but Doug put it out there – coincidentally or purposefully we don't know. That's why we discuss it.

Davis did retweet this, suggesting perhaps that he's open to different interpretations:
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:47 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    That just confirmed my thoughts to me, it was just Baldwin rant with no target in mind, and the 12's think Wilson is a phoney.

SALUTE!

Where did you get THAT conclusion out of all of this? No one said they agreed with Baldwin.

Personally, I"m convinced this was aimed at Wilson and I think Hsu and Baldwin ought to stop and consider that the divorce and the strain are all getting to Wilson so maybe no, doing the kids thing wasn't fun this time. Maybe it was a chore. Maybe they shouldn't judge him. He showed up, but maybe his heart wasn't in it because his heart is broken.

I think Baldwin should be ashamed, Hsu is just another heartless reporter, but his team mate should lay off of him.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:00 am
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:The most confusing trend I see around here is when people chime in on a thread with a derogatory comment about how foolish, lame, drunk, or boring the posters involved are, or how the thread just plain sucks. (The weirdest ones are those disparaging social media en masse... while posting on a social media site.) When you're out and about do you wander into people's conversations just to tell them how their conversation sucks and you hate them now? WTH is that?

If you're going to say "this topic is so ridiculous, it's not even worth explanatory reasons" then it's probably worthless enough to not post at all. Let others have their conversation. Sheesh. You can agree or disagree, but stating you hate this site or Seahawks fans just because they are discussing a topic is lazy, condescending, and off-putting. If you think a specific post goes too far, then address it directly. Having a point makes for better, clearer, more constructive discussion. Expressing anger because a discussion exists does not.

Now, to add something to the convo:

Seahawks4life wrote:This goes along with what I believe David hsu on twitter was posting where a buddy of his helped with RW camp and said Russ is robotic and all business, and didn't seem like he was happy at the kids camp..

Here are some of those:

Personally, I find it in poor taste that Hsu would make judgment statements on Twitter based on second-hand accounts. Still, he covers the Hawks all day every day and has been pro-RW in the past, so if he's picking up a "fake" vibe from RW and then Baldwin says this later that night...

...it's not ridiculous that fans would connect the dots and want to know what's true and what's not. It is assumptive and rash to claim to know without a doubt that Doug is talking about Russ, but Doug put it out there – coincidentally or purposefully we don't know. That's why we discuss it.

Davis did retweet this, suggesting perhaps that he's open to different interpretations:

All great but its all 2nd hand so it means very little.

If you read the whole twitter thing from Hsu you notice all this came form one person a friend of his,

Ted ‏@SeaBlaze24 Jul 15
    @DavisHsuSeattle takin one person's perception and extrapolating that out over 50 tweets acting as if u have the book on him. You're trippin

Ted ‏@SeaBlaze24 Jul 15
    @DavisHsuSeattle probably wrong to take one guys perception (which goes against everything out there) to public platform.

So basically 1 person got butt hurt and is a friend of Hsu nothing more
    Last edited by Anthony! on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:04 am
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:The most confusing trend I see around here is when people chime in on a thread with a derogatory comment about how foolish, lame, drunk, or boring the posters involved are, or how the thread just plain sucks. (The weirdest ones are those disparaging social media en masse... while posting on a social media site.) When you're out and about do you wander into people's conversations just to tell them how their conversation sucks and you hate them now? WTH is that?

Agree with this 100%. If someone doesn't like a conversation, don't participate. Just walk away. To interject an unwanted negative opinion into someone else's conversation is infantile behavior. Nobody asked for their opinion and nobody cares.

HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Personally, I find it in poor taste that Hsu would make judgment statements on Twitter based on second-hand accounts. Still, he covers the Hawks all day every day and has been pro-RW in the past, so if he's picking up a "fake" vibe from RW and then Baldwin says this later that night...

Of course Russell Wilson is "fake" right now. He's a devoted Christian going through a divorce, but he's still trying to serve his community and share his "hope" with others.

What are the options? To break down in public and act like a dick to those kids? To give in to his emtions and/or anger, and take it out on people? Maybe he's exhausted, should he just be "real" and quit on all these kids so he can take a vacation? That would harm him, the people around him, and worst of all, it would prevent him from truly being of service to anyone.

If anything, I admire Russell Wilson for being "fake" right now. It proves his dedication to what he believes in. That no matter how bad things get, he will always follow through. He will always put his own desires aside in order to achieve a goal that he views as "greater than" himself. That is a trait that should make Seahawk fans excited. Because that is THE trait required of all great leaders. True selflessness. Leadership requires that you be "fake". There is no room for being "real" when the things you deal with are larger than yourself.

Being "real" is petty and small. Being "real" turns you into Colin Kaepernick and Johnny Manziel. You will not find a great leader anywhere in history who had time for "being real." Their vision and their goals were bigger than their selves.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:07 am

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:10 am
  • I think we've all seen enough of Russell to know he IS very robotic, controlled, guarded and aware of how he's coming across/image. He has high aspirations of not just being a football player, so he's hyper aware of his image.

We've also seen enough behind the scenes and huddle video with audio to know that his REAL personality is much different. He's looser and brash.

So maybe if Doug is talking about Russell, he has a point. But that doesn't forgive airing it out on Twitter, that's just being a bad teammate. But again, as I've said before Doug seems to have appointed himself the defender of all that is just and right in the football world.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 am
  • 4 pages over nothing.
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:14 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:Twitter is best left to 15 year old girls.

Does this include Margaret Cho?

Damn straight!

.... now that's ironic.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:16 am
  • Would Doug Baldwin really try to F with his QB's head a week before training camp? I didn't think Baldwin was that stupid.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:21 am
  • Hmm Doug tweeted this today

Doug Baldwin Jr ‏@DougBaldwinJr 10m
    And it’s only getting better… can’t wait for the season!!
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2131 ... witter.com

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2131 ... witter.com

Now lets check out on more post by Baldwin that I believe make sit clear this is not about RW

Doug Baldwin Jr ‏@DougBaldwinJr Jul 15
    @thegreatchazbot Then they need their faith restored or instilled. Nothing to fear if you got faith…

There is no way this I about Rw he is one of the most religious players there is. I think this is about Tate
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:23 am
  • What cracks me up, is I watch all this BS about how great the 12's are... "best fans in the world" yada yada yada.

Then you read threads like this, blowing pointless blotter up and you think.

Who cares, and WTF is this, Philadelphia?
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 am
  • I don't care whether it was intended to be about Wilson, the fact that Baldwin's not disputing it makes it seem like he's intentionally trying to stir the pot via twitter. He should get a new hobby. If he spent his off-season working at ten different camps for underprivileged kids, he probably wouldn't be this bored.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:What cracks me up, is I watch all this BS about how great the 12's are... "best fans in the world" yada yada yada.

And then I read quotes like this, attacking the entire Seahawks fan base, and I think:

Who cares, and WTF are you, a Whiners fan?

You don't like the 12s? You think it's BS? Why waste time on our board? You think a single person here cares what some anonymous douche-nozzle on the interwebz thinks about the 12th Man? Join the rest of the haters, loser.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:What cracks me up, is I watch all this BS about how great the 12's are... "best fans in the world" yada yada yada.

And then I read quotes like this, attacking the entire Seahawks fan base, and I think:

Who cares, and WTF are you, a Whiners fan?

You don't like the 12s? You think it's BS? Why waste time on our board? You think a single person here cares what some anonymous douche-nozzle on the interwebz thinks about the 12th Man? Join the rest of the haters, loser.

When faced with drama, people need someone to attack. How do you choose to respond?

Option 1. Attack Wilson for being a "sinister," "fake," "robot" because he spends his days with underprivileged kids (something he has done since high school!)

Option 2. Attack Baldwin for being a pot stirring Twitter Drama Queen (TDQ).

Option 3. Attack the fans because, well, we need someone to attack now don't we?

Option 4. Sit back and laugh at this off-season drama. Thankfully, it's been relatively quiet until now, unlike the Whiners' situation.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:56 am
  • I think the funniest element of this is seeing grown ass men cry about how Russell Wilson wouldn't bend over backwards at a football camp for KIDS.

Athletes/celebrities are always in this precarious, finite position of appeasing as many people as they can.. while inevitably pissing off a bunch of others. Reminds me of a guy I used to know in his mid 30's that would basically.. borderline stalk baseball players down at spring training to try and get an autograph.. and when said player would autograph a bunch of stuff for kids but ignore the adults.. every adult would get pissy and moan and groan about how the players didn't care about the fans.

That's what we have here.. it's Doug Baldwin having some broad/vague posts to illicit knee-jerk reactions from idiots on social media.. then the few people that have come in contact with him that didn't have Russell Wilson acting like he just ran into a friend of 20 years go.. "SEE I KNEW IT! HES FAKE! FAKE FAKE FAKE!"

Personally, as long as Russ doesn't kill someone, sexually/physically assault someone, etc .. I really don't care if he's robotic in public. Hell I don't blame him.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:10 am

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information