Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Hey .NET, you're gonna want to watch buildthetip.com

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    AVL wrote:It's way too soon for a monument.

Time to start acting like you've done this before.

I never got this. I am a fan - short for fanatic. I'm going to act like each time is the first time because that's fun for me. I don't get what fans get by being restrained. That sounds not fun at all.

Joe Paterno
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• Smelly McUgly wrote:I never got this. I am a fan - short for fanatic. I'm going to act like each time is the first time because that's fun for me. I don't get what fans get by being restrained. That sounds not fun at all.

You will have your fun by SITTING DOWN AND REMAINING QUIET. Ahhh-Oooo. Ahhh-Oooo. Ahhh. Oooo.

253hawk
    NET Veteran

• Smelly McUgly wrote:
    AVL wrote:It's way too soon for a monument.

Time to start acting like you've done this before.

I never got this. I am a fan - short for fanatic. I'm going to act like each time is the first time because that's fun for me. I don't get what fans get by being restrained. That sounds not fun at all.

Totally agree with you. It's a personality thing. Some people believe you should be quiet and humble. Others see that as weakness and timidity.

I'm with you. I like to party and let er rip when I'm at the game. And I think the statue is an awesome idea and will donate to make it happen.

I don't want to wait until I'm an old man. I want to see the 49er fans wincing NOW, and tell them thank you when they try to talk smack.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• 253hawk wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:I never got this. I am a fan - short for fanatic. I'm going to act like each time is the first time because that's fun for me. I don't get what fans get by being restrained. That sounds not fun at all.

You will have your fun by SITTING DOWN AND REMAINING QUIET. Ahhh-Oooo. Ahhh-Oooo. Ahhh. Oooo.

Yet we are only so loud because we pump in noise. Niners fans should be ashamed your team even prints those.
    [size=50]“Give me your Loud, your Proud,
    Your Jacked Up masses yearning to Scream free,
    The Winning refuse of your Sea Town shore.
    Send these, the Passionate, Loyal, to me:
    I lift my 12 Flag beside the Lombardi.”

― Emma Lazarus (If she was a 12) By BraHn
    [/size]
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:10, 15, 20 years from now, what difference is it going to make if they built it in 2015 or 2020? Might as well strike for public support while the iron is hot. Pretty confident it's going to hold up as the single most important moment in franchise history -- can't replicate a play that delivered the franchise's first title.

Not sure why any fan would be upset with seeing something like this.

Because there's a fake moral high ground to be had.

Nicely put!

Oh, and by the way, my fake moral high ground is way higher than yours! In fact, now that I think about it, you must be evil for having a fake moral high ground that is so obviously way lower than mine.

Oops, I accidentally let my political indoctrination stimulus-response training creep into a board post. Sorry. I promise it won't EVER happen again. At least not for another 24 hours.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• This is now open. Up to $14,000 in an hour, although the vast bulk of that was in the first 10 minutes. It looks like two Raider fans each donated $2,500+, very strange.

I think I got a top 12 spot. :) Buildthetip.com has gone down. Here is the direct link -
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/build-the-tip/x/8290708
    jdblack
    NET Rookie

• Why is this campaign floundering?

It hasn't even achieved 10% of the needed $ yet.
    Riley12
    NET Veteran

• 1. The name is too similar to just the tip (NSFW). I would feel weird wearing or displaying any of the rewards.
    2. No clarity or guarantees yet on where the statue is going.
    jdblack
    NET Rookie

• Riley12 wrote:Why is this campaign floundering?

The top three reasons I can devise:

1) There is no real model to be seen or even a working schematic of the sculpture (what's briefly shown in the video cannot really be considered a mock-up).
    2) There is no set location for the sculpture.
    3) There is still time left.

A lot of good intentions, but little is (literally) set in stone. Most publicly-funded works asking for a direct quarter-million at least have an initial investment locked in, a relative site confirmation prior to launch, and a CG model. Additionally, much of the video is an appeal to emotion and only offers the promise of substance. As long as the basic look is not locked-in, output and quality control will be in the back of people's minds. And I suppose that there's something to be said for the fact that this is not an official team-backed enterprise. For one, could the statue even legally display Seahawks-related indicia?
    Last edited by Our Man in Chicago on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Veteran

• I think a huge barrier is the fact that they made it a flexible funding campaign meaning that they keep the donations even if they don't meet their goal of $250,000.

I, for one, am hesitant to put a big chunk of change at risk for a campaign that may never be fully funded.

If they had gone with a fixed funding model, folks like me would be more likely to jump in at this point since we would get our money back if the project didn't get funded.

I think that they are getting trapped in a vicious cycle now. If they were 80% funded, folks like me would be more likely to take a risk. At 10% funded I don't want to donate more than a token amount.

- bsd
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• What the last 3 said. Ill throw on top of it, this is too soon. In no way did I feel the need to memorialize that moment in history. It was an amazing play that sent us to our first SB victory, but it honestly feels like a play that will fade in time in comparison to other great plays around the league.

I was never against it, but I was never really for it. And it looks like Im not the only one at this point.
    hawksincebirth wrote:
    So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• bigskydoc wrote:I think a huge barrier is the fact that they made it a flexible funding campaign meaning that they keep the donations even if they don't meet their goal of $250,000.

- bsd

Excellent point that I hadn't even considered. Whenever I see an online campaign, I guess I just automatically assume it follows more of a fixed funding (Kickstarter) model.
    Riley12
    NET Veteran

• Talk of a possible Paul Allen statue made me remember this "The Tip" statue idea and thread. I wondered what people's take on it is now. We are coming up on the 6-year anniversary of the Tip, and six years is the time frame that New Orleans used.

In all honesty, I was a big fan of building this statue at the time, despite my misgivings about the funding model. Now? I'm not so sure. Love Sherman for what he did for us, but he is with the Niners now. Crabtree gone. Smith gone. Niners rivalry dead(ish). It is still a prominent memory, and a critical inflection point in our run to our first Lombardi. I can't think of any other single play that so encapsulates all that this championship season entailed. I had the fortune of being just a few rows up from the play, on the SW corner of the end zone. Still, I can't honestly anymore say that I think it was a good idea.

I'm really hoping for a Paul Allen statue outside the stadium, perhaps in the North Plaza so that it is inside the fence, but outside the stadium. Love the suggestion of him standing with an open hand, waiting to shake hands with the fans. Maybe there should be a second statue by the 12 flag. I'm wondering if a Tip statue would cheapen the Allen statue.

Personally, I would rather see a LOB statue with Sherm, Kam, and Thomas, (maybe even add in Wagz, Bennett, and Avril) than a Tip statue, but I'm sure that I'm in the minority on that, given the discord in the demise of that unit.

So where are you at on this? Especially interested in hearing from fellow supporters. How has the passage of time changed your take? And for those who opposed the idea from the get go, here's your chance to maybe see a few of us eat crow.
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• Don't most of you guys hate Sherman now?? Would be vandalized after a couple of days...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Build it. It’s the biggest sports moment in our lives and states history. And have that fan reaction video play nearby on a loop.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

• I will always have my memories of our SB run and since sherm the worm is now a member of one of our most hated rivals It would be difficult if not impossible for me to support a statue of him because I believe we will be back and win another sooner rather than later so I don't need him to remember it by
    Just my 2 cents
    Go Hawks
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

• A Paul Allen statue is so much more important. And once the first is done, I'd rather have a second somewhere else around the stadium over a statue honoring players who left on bad terms.
    Last edited by AgentDib on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• sc85sis wrote:I'd rather have a statue of this:

Where do I sign?

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• 12's should be able to pose as Smith for the INT in Pictures. Could be cool.
    Go Hawks.
    Sealake80
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information