Hey .NET, you're gonna want to watch buildthetip.com

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • .NET,
    So I just attended an event about something incredible coming soon for the 12s. Stay tuned here on .NET and buildthetip.com for details as they are made available.

But trust me when I say that you're gonna want to be part of it.

Mark
    Love ya Les! You're in my thoughts every time I "Check my PM's"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• What? What is this you speak of good sir?

GO HAWKS!
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Buildthetip? Just for a sec. Just to see how it feels.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Just saw this on twitter when .NET re-tweeted Joe Tafoya

Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Sorry folks, you have to wait until the 21st to get details, but you won't be disappointed.
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• William Cornell's name is attached to the trailer. Another Rain City Redemption, this time sanctioned by the team? With a documentary on the fans, as well?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• It's the idea of making a statue of "The Tip" outside C-Clink. No?
    I know.
    BAZINGA
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Starter

• I'm excited to hear about it! My guess is a statue or some sort of ultimate collection/video of fan-made footage of The Tip.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• God I spend too much time in the Shack, this is a title that Sac would come up with there.

Curious to see if we get a real life size Bronze Statue of Sherm tipping the ball away from Crabtree, truly immortalizing the moment and humbling 49ers fans forever as they visit the Clink.

It would make sense to have tributes to the team, season and moments of our 1st Championship and having an owner that embraces the fans and memories of a teams success would more then likely eagerly foot the bill for something of this nature.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Regardless of what "buildthetip" is, I think it's AWESOME that William Cornell made the trailer and is somewhat recognized by the team. AND I hope they actually paid him for his services! He deserves it.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Trenchbroom wrote:Regardless of what "buildthetip" is, I think it's AWESOME that William Cornell made the trailer and is somewhat recognized by the team. AND I hope they actually paid him for his services! He deserves it.

William Cornell recognized by the team for making this trailer? Paid for his services? What services would he be paid for, because I see no sign that the team is behind this. According to the site this is a fan driven project, not Seahawks sponsored.
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

• As awesome as the moment was and I agree that immortalising it would be cool - I'm not keen on that kind of thing being done while Sherman is still playing

If (fair enough... he won't) caught back to back game winning TDs against Sherman in the 2015 and 2016 NFCCGs it would look like the biggest blunder ever. Wait until he retires and put the statue up - who knows, there might be an even better moment worth immortalising...
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• themunn wrote:As awesome as the moment was and I agree that immortalising it would be cool - I'm not keen on that kind of thing being done while Sherman is still playing

If (fair enough... he won't) caught back to back game winning TDs against Sherman in the 2015 and 2016 NFCCGs it would look like the biggest blunder ever. Wait until he retires and put the statue up - who knows, there might be an even better moment worth immortalising...

There will never be another tip. It sent us on to win our FIRST SB. There will never be another first SB win.
    That moment alone should be singled out as THE play that turned the corner in this franchise.
    No moment will ever be better even if we win 3 more in a row. Can't replicate it.
    BAZINGA
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Starter

• It is true that this is a once in a life-time event but I don't see the need to rush to have it done right now. I guess now is the time to strike to have it done, if public funds are going to be involved. If this is all from private donations, you still need the team, city, county etal to approve it being built on public property.

I say do it but seems like we are following in others trails. I think San Fran has something for "The Catch" and this just seems like keeping up with the Joneses (sp?).
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• ZorntoLargent wrote:
    themunn wrote:As awesome as the moment was and I agree that immortalising it would be cool - I'm not keen on that kind of thing being done while Sherman is still playing

There will never be another tip. It sent us on to win our FIRST SB. There will never be another first SB win.
    That moment alone should be singled out as THE play that turned the corner in this franchise.
    No moment will ever be better even if we win 3 more in a row. Can't replicate it.

Yep. And I'm so happy I was there.
    What a game to pick as my first at C-link.
    After almost 40yrs that was my favorite SeaHawk moment, up to that point.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• RynoHawk wrote:
    lsheldon wrote:49 second video explaining the idea for a statue here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=95 ... 0153840468

49 seconds.... couldn't we shave it by 1 second...Don't give em' anything...even a second..

It's a news clip. They need every second they can get for commercials.
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

• ZorntoLargent wrote:
    themunn wrote:As awesome as the moment was and I agree that immortalising it would be cool - I'm not keen on that kind of thing being done while Sherman is still playing

I see where you're going, but I disagree about the Tip being the turning point of the franchise.

I'd honestly say that it's Beastquake.

You have a 7-9 underdog team that squeaked it's way into the playoffs going up against the defending SB champions in the playoffs. Beastquake buried the Saints and put them away. That play signified how things would evolve for this team and set the tone for attitude and moxy: a team that is continually discounted, plays with a chip, never gives up, and keeps firing bullets until they are out.

Look at that attitude and look at where are team is the last two years: we have different personnel, but the team always fights, plays with a chip, and never feels out of it.

Beastquake set the attitide for this franchise. Years later, we know where that got us.

The Tip got us to our second SB and first win. It's too early to tell what that really did for us. We could steamroll the league this year, or miss the playoffs.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• I think it's too early for it, honestly.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:I think it's too early for it, honestly.

That's what she said.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• GREAT idea. Forget these wimps. I love the nasty attitude of these Seahawks. Bout time they started bringing the swagger. #12 been doing it alone for 38 years.

We got bullets too!!!
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• I'm on the fence about having a statue built to commemorate the tip so soon after the event. New Orleans waited much longer after the event to build the Gleason statue. Gleason blocked the punt the Saint's statue commemorates in 2006 and the statue was dedicated in 2012. There are parallels to what Sherman did for the Hawks and what Gleason did for the Saints. I just think it's too soon after the fact.

“It is our belief, as an organization, that a singular moment in time helped to change the fortunes for the Saints for the better,” said Saints’ Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis. “The blocked punt is a moment that those Saints fans, in attendance that night and watching the game across the world, will never forget. Steve’s career achievements encapsulate that moment and he has often spoken about the magical moment and how he was thrilled because it was a shared time with his teammates and with the fans of the Saints. Everyone who passes by this statue can take a moment to remember that night and what it symbolizes. It is ours to share and a tribute to Steve and all the players that have proudly worn a Saints uniform.”

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-an ... ff1b26a2a0
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

• I think the timing is fine, it can celebrate an achievement and in Seattle you have to make hay while the sun shines before they change their mind.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• HansGruber wrote:GREAT idea. Forget these wimps. I love the nasty attitude of these Seahawks. Bout time they started bringing the swagger. #12 been doing it alone for 38 years.

We got bullets too!!!

Agreed, and Seattle has just begun it's run!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:I think it's too early for it, honestly.

That's what she said.

2012 wants its joke back
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:

That's what she said.

1992 wants its joke back
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• ZorntoLargent wrote:

The "tip " is entirely irrelevant without the " catch " by smith, why is that part of the play is always ignored?
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• pmedic920 wrote:
    Yep. And I'm so happy I was there.
    What a game to pick as my first at C-link.
    After almost 40yrs that was my favorite SeaHawk moment, up to that point.

I sit in the corner where it happened and I have only missed 2 games since the place opened. Now I have seen some amazing things happen in that corner. The Jennings strip of Terry Glenn (which ended in a safety that eventually gave the Hawks the lead on the 2006 Wildcard) Baldwin making numerous circus catches for a TD, Lynch running right at us and tumbling into the end zone for Beast Quake and the run in the NFCC, but none of them will ever beat the tip.

I swear the guy behind me called it before they were even on the line. As soon as Davis caught the ball on the 18 he screamed "NOW WE HAVE THE END ZONE, HERE COMES THE PICK" over all the noise while grabbing my shoulders and shaking me back and forth.

From that view there was no way Choketree catches that ball. Not with that coverage. I waited 12 years to see something that big happen. For you to catch it in your first Clink game was SWEET.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I have a feeling the response will be greater than anyone imagined.
    Last edited by Omahawk on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

• It's way too soon for a monument.

Time to start acting like you've done this before.
    AVL
    NET Starter

• AVL wrote:It's way too soon for a monument.

Alright, 49ers fan; we get you.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

While I agree it's too soon, we haven't done this before. Hence the significance of the play
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Says the fanbase who put up a billboard 30 mins outside Seattle asking how many Lombardis we have.

Answer: the one Sherman batted out of Crabtree's hands.

MEDIOCRE
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• I am hearing that there will be an announcement regarding "Buildthetip" on KJR at 4pm today. I can't confirm it, but I'll tune in if I can

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:

That's what she said.

1972 wants its joke back
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Just announced on KJR.....buildthetip.com is planning to (no surprise here) celebrate "the Tip" by rallying the twelves to do a crowd funding project to build a large bronze sculpture capturing the tip.

Will include Sherman and Crabtree and they will have a space next to it for fans to pose with it. They figure Sherman will stand at about 7 feet off the ground.

They will raise $250,000 to build it. $165,000 just for the actual sculpture) Other money goes towards prizes to donors and other costs associated with it.

Any money above and beyond will go to local charities to be decided.

They plan to open up donations at 12:12 Monday July 28, 2014. There is a countdown clock for this at buildthetip.com

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

I guess The Catch can be demoed with Candlestick then as non relevant.

I'll take the moment since one never knows when they will come again, saying that, when we repeat we can act like we been there before to satisfy your moral behavior issues.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Awesome idea. But one thing: please, please, please say Smith is going to be a part of this statue. The statue should be Sherman and Mediocre jumping, with Smith waiting below for the football, just like it happened. Without Smith, it just wouldn't be the same.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:Awesome idea. But one thing: please, please, please say Smith is going to be a part of this statue. The statue should be Sherman and Mediocre jumping, with Smith waiting below for the football, just like it happened. Without Smith, it just wouldn't be the same.

I don't believe it will. They were pretty adamant about having it be a two person statue with a space built in for twelves to be able to easily pose with it.

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I think Malcolm Smith will be ok with his SuperBowl MVP status as a way to be remembered by Seahawks fans for all time. As alluded to, the idea for pictures would be that the fan can pose as Smith for the picture.
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• Put me in the camp as it being just too soon.

Few years down the road? maybe. But even then it might be too soon. I am still enjoying it as its fresh in my mind. Dont need something else to help me.

But thats just me.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I think Seattle is hungry for some pro sports memory and this is it.

Its been shown dozens of times on all the football networks and talking heads shake their heads talking about it. could it have waited a bit long? Perhaps, but I will make a point to see it my next trip to Seattle after its finished.

And I'll bet you will too. Something to tell our Grandkids about and in my case to share with my Grandkids.

:th2thumbs:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• That would be amazing.

Off tipic. Where is the newest rain city redemption?
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• kinda lame....

nope very lame
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• I have no problem with it, although I think it might be better with 'generic' figures instead of Sherman/Crab.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• 10, 15, 20 years from now, what difference is it going to make if they built it in 2015 or 2020? Might as well strike for public support while the iron is hot. Pretty confident it's going to hold up as the single most important moment in franchise history -- can't replicate a play that delivered the franchise's first title.

Not sure why any fan would be upset with seeing something like this.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:10, 15, 20 years from now, what difference is it going to make if they built it in 2015 or 2020? Might as well strike for public support while the iron is hot. Pretty confident it's going to hold up as the single most important moment in franchise history -- can't replicate a play that delivered the franchise's first title.

Because there's a fake moral high ground to be had.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:10, 15, 20 years from now, what difference is it going to make if they built it in 2015 or 2020? Might as well strike for public support while the iron is hot. Pretty confident it's going to hold up as the single most important moment in franchise history -- can't replicate a play that delivered the franchise's first title.

Because there's a fake moral high ground to be had.

And besides, I'm sure we can garner the same kind of cash-driven support for such a statue in 15, 20 years when we're going through a rebuilding process. Fans would flock to throw their money down on something their daddy saw once upon a day.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

I never got this. I am a fan - short for fanatic. I'm going to act like each time is the first time because that's fun for me. I don't get what fans get by being restrained. That sounds not fun at all.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Next

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information