Wilson = Clutch

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Nice to see him get even more recognition.

Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks: It's easy to underestimate Wilson's role in the Seahawks' success based on his relatively pedestrian numbers, but astute observers recognize his impact as an efficient game manager. Wilson is akin to a pass-first point guard in Seattle's system, which generally makes him a distributor instead of a playmaker with the ball. A closer look at his production in the clutch, however, suggests that Wilson is far more than a caretaker when the game is on the line. In 2013, Wilson compiled a 102.9 passer rating in two-minute situations, displaying exceptional awareness as a run/pass threat on the perimeter. He also posted a 6:2 touchdown-to-interception ratio in this area and proved to skeptics that, in a pinch, he could move the team on the strength of his right arm. In just two NFL seasons, Wilson has piled up 10 game-winning drives and eight fourth-quarter comeback victories. Clearly, this is a guy who stays cool under pressure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...rew-brees-heads-nfls-most-clutch-quarterbacks

Wizofwest

Reaction score
How many QBs are known to be clutch or not clutch...

Clutch:
Wilson
Brady

Not Clutch:
Kaepernick - an interception waiting to happen with the game on line.
Manning - One of the best ever....yes. One of the most clutch ever....I think not.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I could watch that all day.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Funny how Romo has 11 fourth quarter comebacks in 3 years, Wilson has 8 in 2 years, Luck has 8 in 2 years...PLUS Bucky even claims that Luck has turnover issues, yet Wilson is way below them.a

Wilson doesn't get enough credit for being clutch because he's on a good team. I'd say he's at least the top 5 when it comes to being cluctch since he's been in the league; his numbers match up or are better than all the guys ahead of him, and all of those guys have a LOT more experience.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Ok that settles it time to watch the blu ray again tonight.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, it's the way the team is built. The D will almost always keep the other team from scoring a lot, and if we're within one score in the 4th, Wilson has the clutch ability to get those extra points in the 4th quarter. Hell, in Chicago, he won the game twice. ;)

Anthony!

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":37oa3mrj said:
hawknation2014":37oa3mrj said:
brb, going to watch that game again

Agreed except Rw has also shown he can be clutch even when down several scores ie Tampa, and then add in unlike other QBs "cough" LUCK "cough", we ars not behind because of his ints.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Anyone that questions Wilson's ability to be clutch needs to merely watch the 4th quarter & overtime of our @ Chicago game from his ROOKIE season.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ns5wuohr said:
Anyone that questions Wilson's ability to be clutch needs to merely watch the 4th quarter & overtime of our @ Chicago game from his ROOKIE season.
This. Knew right then and there the kid was very, very special. As Ro said ROOKIE year.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I knew it in the Arizona game, the first regular season game he ever played.

Go back and watch that final drive. Russ had us there, ready to win, and we can thank drops for the loss. Not naming names but let's just say that wasn't on Wilson and he deserved better receivers than he had in that game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HansGruber":splaydt4 said:

Go back and watch that final drive. Russ had us there, ready to win, and we can thank drops for the loss. Not naming names but let's just say that wasn't on Wilson and he deserved better receivers than he had in that game.

I'll gladly throw Brayton Edwards under the bus for you.

sutz

Reaction score
HansGruber":1g20fv5t said:

One could say similar things about the Thurs night game in San Fran.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HansGruber":2tycrz8z said:

I knew he was nails after that game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
mikeak":3180g3mj said:
I would be curious to how many int's if we removed Hail Mary passes...

Here is the breakdown of his Ints form 2013 with notes 2 hail marys, To me 4 ints were no doubt ints the rest no to much

1 wr fell down(pushed)(tate)
1 in and out of Tates hands
1 Kearse gave up on the ball. Extend his hands he makes the catch major pressure
1 Hail mary (Rice)
1 bad pass, behind the wr, heavy pressure (miller)
1 bad pass not enough loft (Baldwin)
1 Hail Mary (Kearse)
1 no call(there was pass interference) (lockette)
1 off the ground last ditch effort bad call by refs(Baldwin)

2012 breakdown 4 hail marys, 2 WR issues, 4 ints

Tate is involved with most of the questionable ints and hail marys