Any chance of any last minute extensions before camp?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Over the Cap puts the Hawks at just under $8 million in cap space, so not a ton to work with, but probably enough to do 1 more creative extension. Are there any rumblings of doing any more extensions? Seems like it would be for a defensive player. KJ Wright seems like the most likely candidate that they might be able to afford and probably really want to keep. There's also Malcom Smith, Byron Maxwell and Cliff Avril: all guys we'd like to see stick around I'm sure. I would guess Maxwell and Avril will look to hit the open market and cash in after they have awesome stats this season. Anyway, it would be a nice cherry on top to extend one more guy from the awesome defense this offseason. Think it might happen?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Clayton has been hinting at a Wright deal every once in a while since Sherman got extended. Nothing official or anyone on the record about it.

Sac

Reaction score
KJ won't make it I'm afraid. Korey Toomer is waiting in the wings and is a physical freak. We'll need the scratch for Wilson and Wagz

ivotuk

Reaction score
Clayton thinks they have to wait until after they get down to 53 so that they know how much will be paid out to injury settlements and the like. Then they will know how much money is available.

Tical21

Reaction score
You would also like to keep just a bit of money around in case maybe there is a good guard that becomes a cap casualty. I don't think Wright plays an important enough position to get paid before we have guys like Avril/Maxwell done.

Riley12

Reaction score
Bait and Switch!

I opened this up thinking it was another Pam Oliver thread

sutz

Reaction score
ivotuk":clqgnadc said:
Clayton thinks they have to wait until after they get down to 53 so that they know how much will be paid out to injury settlements and the like. Then they will know how much money is available.
Makes sense. Plus, I think they like to keep a mill or so emergency fund for later in the season, if they need to sign someone on the quick.

RussJames

Reaction score
Last minute extensions? I've had an extension since we won the super bowl. I don't see it going away any time soon.

suppaball

Reaction score
Avril would be nice to see done, next offseason.
As for this season if any players are going to get more money it will be some one that shows " it " in camp.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Riley12":co8nllky said:
Bait and Switch!

LMAO... She definately needs new extensions.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1bs6r7g4 said:
I thought I read somewhere that they were trying to get Avril extended before the season started. :Dunno:

If this FO can somehow manage to keep Avril, I will lose a turd. That guy is a silent KaeperSpaz Killer. Not to mention the others he has strip sacked. There is nothing more entertaining than seeing Avril rapidly approaching a confused KaeperSpaz. The greatest part about that is that there were a bunch of DenialZoners laughing about the Avril signing because they said Anthony Davis owned him. With Bennett, that duo is Damage Inc.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":3by49orl said:
Riley12":3by49orl said:
Bait and Switch!

She needs a new football team to pull for. The Niners are going to continue to break her heart. I think that KJ Wright should accidentally headbutt her during an interview.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3tlswb9w said:
JaiSeaSea":3tlswb9w said:
Riley12":3tlswb9w said:
Bait and Switch!

She needs a new football team to pull for. The Niners are going to continue to break her heart. I think that KJ Wright should accidentally headbutt her during an interview.
I'd pay good cash money to see that.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":5243wwis said:
loafoftatupu":5243wwis said:
JaiSeaSea":5243wwis said:
Riley12":5243wwis said:
Bait and Switch!

I'd pay good cash money to see that.

That football did a pretty good job on her....he he he.... :twisted:

Latest posts