Hats

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:22 am
  • Looking for a camo mesh Seahawks Hat . Any Suggestions? Most of the Seahawk hats are way too hot.
    Termite
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:42 am
  • In before this turns into a flatbill argument.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:03 am
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.

Get off my lawn. You and your Beats friends.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:10 am
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:

You know what else provides a fair amount of shade? Sombreros.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:51 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:

You know what else provides a fair amount of shade? Sombreros.

When in Mexico City?
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:17 am
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:

They only provide more shade if the sun is pretty much straight up in the air. Otherwise, the curvature you get on the sides helps block a lot that the flatbill doesn't for most times of the day when the sun is out. So, functionally speaking, flatbill is worse unless you only wander outside during high noon.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:45 am
  • Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:47 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:

They only provide more shade if the sun is pretty much straight up in the air. Otherwise, the curvature you get on the sides helps block a lot that the flatbill doesn't for most times of the day when the sun is out. So, functionally speaking, flatbill is worse unless you only wander outside during high noon.

So you're saying a gunslinger would wear a flatbill?
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:54 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:

So you're saying a gunslinger would wear a flatbill?

The real Roland Deschain only wears bills.
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am
  • I disagree. The flatbrim by design is a wider brim than what I call the Kenny Chesney. Therfor it covers more area and casts a larger surface area of shade. It may be too close to call. Ones facial structure must also be accounted for. Larger individuals gain more shade from the flatbrim because there face can sometimes break the perimeter of the curve.

Flatbrims also provide a best in class in the vision category.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 am
  • When I was a kid I got a new SuperSonics hat and I wore it to school. The bill was still flat and I didn't realize I was supposed to bend it. Everyone at school made fun of me for having a flat-bill...but little did they know that I was actually starting a new fashion trend. I wonder if any of them realizes that it was me who introduced the amazing new look of the flat-billed cap.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:12 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:When I was a kid I got a new SuperSonics hat and I wore it to school. The bill was still flat and I didn't realize I was supposed to bend it. Everyone at school made fun of me for having a flat-bill...but little did they know that I was actually starting a new fashion trend. I wonder if any of them realizes that it was me who introduced the amazing new look of the flat-billed cap.

So you are to blame! :stirthepot:
    I still get chills when I watch the Beastquake run. "Are you kidding me?!!!"
    Clayfighter
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:17 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:I disagree. The flatbrim by design is a wider brim than what I call the Kenny Chesney. Therfor it covers more area and casts a larger surface area of shade. It may be too close to call. Ones facial structure must also be accounted for. Larger individuals gain more shade from the flatbrim because there face can sometimes break the perimeter of the curve.

Flatbrims also provide a best in class in the vision category.

Again, only when the sun is mostly up in the middle of the sky. At 4pm, it comes from a considerable angle, and that flatbrim isn't doing crap for you compared to the curvature on the sides from a "normal" hat.

SeatownJay wrote:So you're saying a gunslinger would wear a flatbill?

City Of Reign wrote:The real Roland Deschain only wears bills.

...I know what you two are doing, and it won't work. The real Roland Deschain would never flatbrim a damned baseball hat. He'd watch Eddie do it and ask why, Eddie would crack some wiseass remark about it and have trouble justifying it, and Roland would shake his head.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:37 am
  • Yup, go flat brim and look like a dork...Though I will admit that it does lend a swagger to the dudes who like wearing their jeans 5 sizes too big and showing off their hairy butt cracks.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:37 am
  • Ya i'm old , Flat Bills Suck.
    Termite
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:51 pm
  • I love flatbill hats. They are an easy way to figure out who I don't need to waste time talking to.
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:56 pm
  • Flatbill backwards >>>
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:00 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:I love flatbill hats. They are an easy way to figure out who I don't need to waste time talking to.

You just "calls 'em like you sees 'em"!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:39 pm
  • I prefer flatbills. They are relevant to fashion at the moment.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:02 am
  • Here we go again
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:06 am

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:35 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:Here we go again

It was inevitable
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:43 am
  • As a 40 something, I find the flat bill a little too young for my age demographic. I prefer a slight bend, not the 'country boy' full U bend but a gradual circumference. I only bust balls about flat bills if they go over the outside of the ear.

I've found ebay to be chock full of different varieties although I typically order from the pro shop for the nostalgia value.
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:47 am
  • The worst is when the flatbill is on just a little bit crooked too.

Do they spend time getting it just right? Just a little crooked, but not too much.... ah perfect.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:02 am
  • The precurved are way too bent for my liking. The flat bill, a bit too flat for my liking. I buy the flat and curl the edges just a tad. So I have no idea what category I fall into.

I also like how the flat bills tend to come in exact sizes, while the precurved tend to be snap backs or adjustable, and I just don't like that look.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:03 am
  • If I was stuck in Death Valley in the middle of the day and the only thing to cover my head was a flat bill hat, I would go bare headed :pukeface:

My preference for this time of year is my Seahawks visor :th2thumbs:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 am
  • For the love of all that is holy, you guys let someone saying "In before the flat bill argument" start the damn argument! OP had nothing to do with that
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:36 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:For the love of all that is holy, you guys let someone saying "In before the flat bill argument" start the damn argument! OP had nothing to do with that

That's what he/she gets for trying to be a smart @zz
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:56 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:For the love of all that is holy, you guys let someone saying "In before the flat bill argument" start the damn argument! OP had nothing to do with that

Lol, I'm dying, seriously. :lol:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:28 pm
  • If nothing else this thread is a good age gauge.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:47 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.

I just bought the newest version of that hat. Its green with a blue band around it and damn sure to warm to wear until the fall rains. lol

I wish they had a straw hat like I wear with the team logo on it. I have one that covers my ears, top of my head, and neck also. But try and find one like that with a Seahawks emblem on it. I know this one will be fine once the weather cools this fall and winter but I hate having to look at it sitting around doing nothing.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:52 pm
  • With paying for my excess sun indescrations of yesteryear I have to wear a hat that covers my head completely and over my ears. I found the perfect straw version at Northwest Seed and Pet here in Spokane. It covers my entire head and the back of my neck yet has vents enough to not be a killer in the sun.

Cheapest hat I own, only cost $20

Get with it Seahawks, we over here on the desert side need hats for the summer too.

:141847_bnono:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:53 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.

I just bought the newest version of that hat. Its green with a blue band around it and damn sure to warm to wear until the fall rains. lol

I wish they had a straw hat like I wear with the team logo on it. I have one that covers my ears, top of my head, and neck also. But try and find one like that with a Seahawks emblem on it. I know this one will be fine once the weather cools this fall and winter but I hate having to look at it sitting around doing nothing.

http://m.nflshop.com/Seattle_Seahawks_H ... _Straw_Hat

Will that one work?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:54 pm
  • @OP Why not just get the best camo hat you can find and put a hawk logo on it yourself. Like this person did, minus the coolest camo hat bit..... https://www.etsy.com/listing/177657653/ ... fgod9rUAYw
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:56 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.

Will that one work?

Yeah I love that but it lets the sun in on top of my head. I need one with tight mesh.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:53 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    The Radish wrote:

Will that one work?

Yeah I love that but it lets the sun in on top of my head. I need one with tight mesh.

Get a doo rag for underneath and call it good.:D
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote: dudes who like wearing their jeans 5 sizes too big and showing off their hairy butt cracks.

That was like twenty years ago.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:57 pm
  • Who still wears baggy clothes? It ain't 2006 no more.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:57 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:

Get off my lawn. You and your Beats friends.

I second this motion.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:58 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:I love flatbill hats. They are an easy way to figure out who I don't need to waste time talking to.

.....and /thread.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:09 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:
    LargentFan wrote:I love flatbill hats. They are an easy way to figure out who I don't need to waste time talking to.

.....and /thread.

In other words, flat bills=minorities
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information