Hats

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:22 am
  • Looking for a camo mesh Seahawks Hat . Any Suggestions? Most of the Seahawk hats are way too hot.
    User avatar
    Termite
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 pm


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:42 am
  • In before this turns into a flatbill argument.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26674
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

    flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1702
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:03 am
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

    flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.


    Get off my lawn. You and your Beats friends.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9343
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:10 am
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

    flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.

    You know what else provides a fair amount of shade? Sombreros.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6888
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:51 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

    flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.

    You know what else provides a fair amount of shade? Sombreros.

    When in Mexico City?
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1702
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:17 am
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

    flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.

    They only provide more shade if the sun is pretty much straight up in the air. Otherwise, the curvature you get on the sides helps block a lot that the flatbill doesn't for most times of the day when the sun is out. So, functionally speaking, flatbill is worse unless you only wander outside during high noon.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26674
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:45 am
  • Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.
    Image
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2811
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:47 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

    flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.

    They only provide more shade if the sun is pretty much straight up in the air. Otherwise, the curvature you get on the sides helps block a lot that the flatbill doesn't for most times of the day when the sun is out. So, functionally speaking, flatbill is worse unless you only wander outside during high noon.

    So you're saying a gunslinger would wear a flatbill?
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6888
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:54 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

    flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.

    They only provide more shade if the sun is pretty much straight up in the air. Otherwise, the curvature you get on the sides helps block a lot that the flatbill doesn't for most times of the day when the sun is out. So, functionally speaking, flatbill is worse unless you only wander outside during high noon.

    So you're saying a gunslinger would wear a flatbill?


    The real Roland Deschain only wears bills.
    Image
    User avatar
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 247
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:09 pm


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am
  • I disagree. The flatbrim by design is a wider brim than what I call the Kenny Chesney. Therfor it covers more area and casts a larger surface area of shade. It may be too close to call. Ones facial structure must also be accounted for. Larger individuals gain more shade from the flatbrim because there face can sometimes break the perimeter of the curve.

    Flatbrims also provide a best in class in the vision category.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9343
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 am
  • When I was a kid I got a new SuperSonics hat and I wore it to school. The bill was still flat and I didn't realize I was supposed to bend it. Everyone at school made fun of me for having a flat-bill...but little did they know that I was actually starting a new fashion trend. I wonder if any of them realizes that it was me who introduced the amazing new look of the flat-billed cap.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

    - Barbie from Toy Story 3
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2635
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:12 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:When I was a kid I got a new SuperSonics hat and I wore it to school. The bill was still flat and I didn't realize I was supposed to bend it. Everyone at school made fun of me for having a flat-bill...but little did they know that I was actually starting a new fashion trend. I wonder if any of them realizes that it was me who introduced the amazing new look of the flat-billed cap.


    So you are to blame! :stirthepot:
    I still get chills when I watch the Beastquake run. "Are you kidding me?!!!"
    User avatar
    Clayfighter
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 141
    Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:26 am
    Location: Sacramento CA


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:17 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:I disagree. The flatbrim by design is a wider brim than what I call the Kenny Chesney. Therfor it covers more area and casts a larger surface area of shade. It may be too close to call. Ones facial structure must also be accounted for. Larger individuals gain more shade from the flatbrim because there face can sometimes break the perimeter of the curve.

    Flatbrims also provide a best in class in the vision category.

    Again, only when the sun is mostly up in the middle of the sky. At 4pm, it comes from a considerable angle, and that flatbrim isn't doing crap for you compared to the curvature on the sides from a "normal" hat.

    SeatownJay wrote:So you're saying a gunslinger would wear a flatbill?

    City Of Reign wrote:The real Roland Deschain only wears bills.

    ...I know what you two are doing, and it won't work. The real Roland Deschain would never flatbrim a damned baseball hat. He'd watch Eddie do it and ask why, Eddie would crack some wiseass remark about it and have trouble justifying it, and Roland would shake his head.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26674
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:37 am
  • Yup, go flat brim and look like a dork...Though I will admit that it does lend a swagger to the dudes who like wearing their jeans 5 sizes too big and showing off their hairy butt cracks.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3776
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:37 am
  • Ya i'm old , Flat Bills Suck.
    User avatar
    Termite
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 pm


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:51 pm
  • I love flatbill hats. They are an easy way to figure out who I don't need to waste time talking to.
    User avatar
    LargentFan
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 389
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:56 pm
  • Flatbill backwards >>>
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19287
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:00 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:I love flatbill hats. They are an easy way to figure out who I don't need to waste time talking to.


    You just "calls 'em like you sees 'em"!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4869
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Hats
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:39 pm
  • I prefer flatbills. They are relevant to fashion at the moment.
    Image
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1416
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:02 am
  • Here we go again
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7337
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:06 am

Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:35 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:Here we go again


    It was inevitable
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19287
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:43 am
  • As a 40 something, I find the flat bill a little too young for my age demographic. I prefer a slight bend, not the 'country boy' full U bend but a gradual circumference. I only bust balls about flat bills if they go over the outside of the ear.

    I've found ebay to be chock full of different varieties although I typically order from the pro shop for the nostalgia value.
    User avatar
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 508
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:56 am
    Location: Closer than you think...


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:47 am
  • The worst is when the flatbill is on just a little bit crooked too.

    Do they spend time getting it just right? Just a little crooked, but not too much.... ah perfect.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5538
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:02 am
  • The precurved are way too bent for my liking. The flat bill, a bit too flat for my liking. I buy the flat and curl the edges just a tad. So I have no idea what category I fall into.

    I also like how the flat bills tend to come in exact sizes, while the precurved tend to be snap backs or adjustable, and I just don't like that look.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 901
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 pm


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:03 am
  • If I was stuck in Death Valley in the middle of the day and the only thing to cover my head was a flat bill hat, I would go bare headed :pukeface:

    My preference for this time of year is my Seahawks visor :th2thumbs:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    User avatar
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2367
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
    Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 am
  • For the love of all that is holy, you guys let someone saying "In before the flat bill argument" start the damn argument! OP had nothing to do with that
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8827
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:36 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:For the love of all that is holy, you guys let someone saying "In before the flat bill argument" start the damn argument! OP had nothing to do with that


    That's what he/she gets for trying to be a smart @zz
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 901
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 pm


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:56 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:For the love of all that is holy, you guys let someone saying "In before the flat bill argument" start the damn argument! OP had nothing to do with that

    Lol, I'm dying, seriously. :lol:
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26674
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:28 pm
  • If nothing else this thread is a good age gauge.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9343
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:47 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.
    Image



    I just bought the newest version of that hat. Its green with a blue band around it and damn sure to warm to wear until the fall rains. lol

    I wish they had a straw hat like I wear with the team logo on it. I have one that covers my ears, top of my head, and neck also. But try and find one like that with a Seahawks emblem on it. I know this one will be fine once the weather cools this fall and winter but I hate having to look at it sitting around doing nothing.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:52 pm
  • With paying for my excess sun indescrations of yesteryear I have to wear a hat that covers my head completely and over my ears. I found the perfect straw version at Northwest Seed and Pet here in Spokane. It covers my entire head and the back of my neck yet has vents enough to not be a killer in the sun.

    Cheapest hat I own, only cost $20

    Get with it Seahawks, we over here on the desert side need hats for the summer too.

    :141847_bnono:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:53 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.
    Image



    I just bought the newest version of that hat. Its green with a blue band around it and damn sure to warm to wear until the fall rains. lol

    I wish they had a straw hat like I wear with the team logo on it. I have one that covers my ears, top of my head, and neck also. But try and find one like that with a Seahawks emblem on it. I know this one will be fine once the weather cools this fall and winter but I hate having to look at it sitting around doing nothing.

    :les:


    Image

    http://m.nflshop.com/Seattle_Seahawks_H ... _Straw_Hat

    Will that one work?
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9343
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:54 pm
  • @OP Why not just get the best camo hat you can find and put a hawk logo on it yourself. Like this person did, minus the coolest camo hat bit..... https://www.etsy.com/listing/177657653/ ... fgod9rUAYw
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1702
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:56 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.
    Image



    I just bought the newest version of that hat. Its green with a blue band around it and damn sure to warm to wear until the fall rains. lol

    I wish they had a straw hat like I wear with the team logo on it. I have one that covers my ears, top of my head, and neck also. But try and find one like that with a Seahawks emblem on it. I know this one will be fine once the weather cools this fall and winter but I hate having to look at it sitting around doing nothing.

    :les:


    Image

    http://m.nflshop.com/Seattle_Seahawks_H ... _Straw_Hat

    Will that one work?


    Yeah I love that but it lets the sun in on top of my head. I need one with tight mesh.
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:53 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.
    Image



    I just bought the newest version of that hat. Its green with a blue band around it and damn sure to warm to wear until the fall rains. lol

    I wish they had a straw hat like I wear with the team logo on it. I have one that covers my ears, top of my head, and neck also. But try and find one like that with a Seahawks emblem on it. I know this one will be fine once the weather cools this fall and winter but I hate having to look at it sitting around doing nothing.

    :les:


    Image

    http://m.nflshop.com/Seattle_Seahawks_H ... _Straw_Hat

    Will that one work?


    Yeah I love that but it lets the sun in on top of my head. I need one with tight mesh.


    Get a doo rag for underneath and call it good.:D
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9343
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote: dudes who like wearing their jeans 5 sizes too big and showing off their hairy butt cracks.


    That was like twenty years ago.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9343
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:57 pm
  • Who still wears baggy clothes? It ain't 2006 no more.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19287
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:57 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    ClumsyLurk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:In before this turns into a flatbill argument.

    flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.


    Get off my lawn. You and your Beats friends.


    I second this motion.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3869
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:58 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:I love flatbill hats. They are an easy way to figure out who I don't need to waste time talking to.


    .....and /thread.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3869
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Hats
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:09 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:
    LargentFan wrote:I love flatbill hats. They are an easy way to figure out who I don't need to waste time talking to.


    .....and /thread.

    In other words, flat bills=minorities
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7337
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am




It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information