Orange-Clad 'Hawks Fans at XLVIII???

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Upon my millionth viewing of the official Champions blu-ray, I noticed something peculiar in the crowd.

During the slo-mo replay of the long completion to Baldwin, just before he catches it, the ball falls past a cluster of orange in the stands. To the common TV viewer it seems reasonable to guess that these are Broncos fans. If that's the case, then something really unusual happens.

After Baldwin hauls in the pass and dashes away from Champ Bailey, at least four of these orange-wearing fans leap excitedly. One of them WAVES A GREEN TOWEL. These people are cheering, while others in the orange blob stand with mouths agape. One or two seem to raise a hand to their heads, as if in disbelief or exasperation.

What do you think was going on? Was there some sort of concerted effort to add eye-popping orange to the telecast? Did these Bronco fans jump ship waaayyy early? Did anyone in attendance see anything fishy going down? Thoughts?

Apologies for poor quality.
[youtube]7h9_HV6Bqqk[/youtube]

kobebryant

Reaction score
I believe it is a type of cold-weather gear favored by outdoorsmen. You see a lot of it at Lambeau cheering for the Pack.

dbmack

Reaction score
Or a Fan of both teams maybe? Mr dbmack is a niner and seahawk fan and he would cheer for a good play by either team.

Yakihawk

Reaction score
This group was sitting near where I was at the game and they certainly made quite an impression since they were all matching. I do not recall any of their group being overly boisterous about our beloved Hawks and the whooping we placed on the Broncos that day. I don't remember them sticking around for the trophy presentation either although I could be wrong about that as I didn't really care too much about the orange in the stands at that point.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
While orange, they aren't exactly festooned with Bronco logos. It's a corporate crowd, and maybe that was a corporate block of seats? Perhaps that company provided the orange coats?

OP
OP
HawkAroundTheClock

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Scottemojo":26gr8yiq said:
While orange, they aren't exactly festooned with Bronco logos. It's a corporate crowd, and maybe that was a corporate block of seats? Perhaps that company provided the orange coats?
That makes sense. The blank nature of the all-matching coats and caps is partly what piqued my interest. They appear to have been bought in bulk.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I've been wondering about those folks since the first viewing. Thought it was weird as hell. Kind of assumed maybe they were foreigners with no affiliation.

OP
OP
HawkAroundTheClock

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
The Radish":356c4mkp said:
HATC I love you lots but I think you have to much time on your hands. lol

:lol:

LOL. Totally.

Actually, I've declared July "SUPER BOWL IMMERSION MONTH!" Once TC starts, I want to be all in for the new season, so I've got XLVIII stuff on all the time until then. After a while, I start watching the background action more.

Also, I remembered a Netter talking about event staff handing out terrible towels at XL, so I kinda wondered if something like that was going on at MetLife.

But yeah. Lots of free time. And this >>> :229031_cheers:

OP
OP
HawkAroundTheClock

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
VinceDee":xyhrchab said:
My understanding is that orange blob was supposed to be a Doritos chip. It was comprised of people who got free Super Bowl tickets if they wore orange and hung out in that section. So, there would have been Seahawks, Broncos, and "other" fans in that area:

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/m ... -1.1600819
Whoa! Great find. I never heard of that. Totally makes sense now. :th2thumbs:

Rocket

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":4y8wpp58 said:
I've been wondering about those folks since the first viewing. Thought it was weird as hell. Kind of assumed maybe they were foreigners with no affiliation.

Can we say "foreigners" now???

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Rocket":fkixaf8c said:
Zebulon Dak":fkixaf8c said:

As of now foreigners has been said three times in this thread, so yes. :mrgreen:

olyfan63

Reaction score
OkieHawk":31exr12o said:
Rocket":31exr12o said:
Zebulon Dak":31exr12o said:

As of now foreigners has been said three times in this thread, so yes. :mrgreen:

Foreigners, of course. Obviously Dutch people warming up for the World Cup and their beloved Clockwork Orange team from Holland. Their off-color 12 imitation apparently worked, and Holland is in the semis now.

(The Doritos thing makes total sense too)

253hawk

Reaction score
At first I thought it was the reddit 'upvote' arrow as the little hand-held ones have been seen at many games in groups.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
They were acting to the complete and over whelming disgust they had for the Denver secondary. "But, but, but these WRs for Seattle are pedestrian, how can this be".

Hawks46

Reaction score
dbmack":2mz2r2j6 said:
Or a Fan of both teams maybe? Mr dbmack is a niner and seahawk fan and he would cheer for a good play by either team.

Not that I understand this, but life must be good for you as a football fan right now. :D