if you haven't done this yet, you should try it

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • when I'm bored at home or work with some time to kill i just pick a team, and their active message boards, and read their Superbowl XLVIII game thread. It's like reliving the game from a different perspective every time.

Today it's the dallas cowboys:

"When you consider how the league has stacked the deck in favor of offenses, it is just a pleasure to watch a good defense."

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/superbow ... 85/page-11
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• I have tried to find some of those but some are harder to find than others. If anyone finds one please slap a link up in this thread. The ones I have read have been pretty entertaining.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:when I'm bored at home or work with some time to kill i just pick a team, and their active message boards, and read their Superbowl XLVIII game thread. It's like reliving the game from a different perspective every time.

"When you consider how the league has stacked the deck in favor of offenses, it is just a pleasure to watch a good defense."

Reading it now and the game just started. Best quote so far: "Sounds like Seattle brought the home crowd with them"
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:when I'm bored at home or work with some time to kill i just pick a team, and their active message boards, and read their Superbowl XLVIII game thread. It's like reliving the game from a different perspective every time.

I've already done that and much more. I've read every team's message boards and blogs through the 10th page of Google search, as well as checked the forums and blogs of major college football teams, other professional sports teams (e.g. Sonics and Nuggets), other general sports boards, sports betting boards, and most time-consuming of all, the tens of thousands of comments on each of the four quarter-threads on reddit. The thread that was the most positive towards Seattle was on a relatively obscure Patriots site, here.
    Last edited by Perfundle on Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Perfundle
    NET Rookie

• RolandDeschain wrote:The official Broncos forum one is textual gold. Here's a link to the page the game starts on: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... cos/page34

Seriously, it's an orgasmic read. :snack:

And yet, I have to give a shout out to the Broncos fans on that forum. Even in the depths of their misery, apart from a handful of posts here and there, they never started wishing Seattle ill, cheering when Sherman and Chancellor got hurt, or anything like that. It stands in stark contrast to another board I could mention where there were multiple pages of posts from people who were hoping that Richard Sherman had suffered a career-ending injury.

Much respect to the Bronco fans on that board!
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• My Favorite comment by them over there:

Ladies and Gentleman...we've landed in hell

another good one to

Just when the night couldn't get any worse, there is a Tebow commercial.
    Conference Championships: NFC: 2005, 2013
    Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013
    Superbowl Championships: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8.. SUCK IT

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• Shadowhawk wrote:And yet, I have to give a shout out to the Broncos fans on that forum. Even in the depths of their misery, apart from a handful of posts here and there, they never started wishing Seattle ill, cheering when Sherman and Chancellor got hurt, or anything like that. It stands in stark contrast to another board I could mention where there were multiple pages of posts from people who were hoping that Richard Sherman had suffered a career-ending injury.

Good to know because we all are aware of how that other board and fanbase is.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Shadowhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:The official Broncos forum one is textual gold. Here's a link to the page the game starts on: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... cos/page34

And yet, I have to give a shout out to the Broncos fans on that forum. Even in the depths of their misery, apart from a handful of posts here and there, they never started wishing Seattle ill, cheering when Sherman and Chancellor got hurt, or anything like that. It stands in stark contrast to another board I could mention where there were multiple pages of posts from people who were hoping that Richard Sherman had suffered a career-ending injury.

A number of them did right in that very thread, both when Kam looked like he might be out and Sherman, though; so I'm not really sure what you're talking about? I mean, it's not like most of them screamed "YES!!!!!!" or anything, and definitely not like the classless Whiners fans, but...Meh.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• From the Cowboys thread:

Seattle Defense is good, but not that good. I joked about Denver making high school mistakes before earlier, but they REALLY look like a high school team in the SB right now.

Ahem.... actually they are. You just haven't been paying attention dumb Cowgirl fan. :D

and:

Must be nice being R Wilson you don't have to do a thing but still get all the credit.

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head. Wilson was on fire in the SB, throwing lasers, just on top of his game, ice in his veins. Then you read a comment like the one above.

So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:The official Broncos forum one is textual gold. Here's a link to the page the game starts on: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... cos/page34

I read through almost every page up until Percy took the second half kick off to the house.

The schadenfreude >>>>>

:thirishdrinkers:
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• That was just awesome !! Let's you appreciate what's going on with this team and how great it really is to be a 12 . Let the good times roll!!!
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

• I'd say my favorite was

"I will sell my ovaries to get a Defense like that in Dallas"

As to some of their fans saying our defense wasn't THAT good, and it was Denver being bad...well part of that landslide was Denver's inability to come back.

They play us up here next year. They're going to find out how good that defense is. I'd like to shut up about 3/4 of the NFL fanbase that aren't Hawks fans......let Sherman roam around and blanket Dez Bryant. That'll shut up the Sherman detractors as well as the defense detractors.

yes, I know we don't have to do it, but it would be somewhat gratifying.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• "Couldn't agree more. The team just looked scared from the beginning. I can't wait until 10 years from now when it comes out that the whole Seattle team was hopped up on PEDs, and then they have to forfeit their championship. Mark my words. It will happen. Carroll is dirty, dirty, dirty. And I'm a USC fan... the program is a lot more classy and less shady after he left. Just wait. The same thing will happen to Seattle. Carroll cheats, cheats, cheats. That defensive to addicted to adderall big time."

welp
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• Pstark3 wrote:"Couldn't agree more. The team just looked scared from the beginning. I can't wait until 10 years from now when it comes out that the whole Seattle team was hopped up on PEDs, and then they have to forfeit their championship. Mark my words. It will happen. Carroll is dirty, dirty, dirty. And I'm a USC fan... the program is a lot more classy and less shady after he left. Just wait. The same thing will happen to Seattle. Carroll cheats, cheats, cheats. That defensive to addicted to adderall big time."

welp

I didn't know Tokadub posts there as well.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Didnt someone post a load of superbowl thread links? I can't seem to find said post but it was awesome.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• My favorite comment:
    Seahawks will become a dynasty with this coaching staff and players.

:th2thumbs:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tokadub
    NET Starter

• ^ LOL!!
    Mrs Manning: "Where are you son?"
    PM: "Omaha..Mom. That's.....OMAHA.... I think. Damn should have gone silent count."
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:Didnt someone post a load of superbowl thread links? I can't seem to find said post but it was awesome.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90062&p=1268755

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Perfundle wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:when I'm bored at home or work with some time to kill i just pick a team, and their active message boards, and read their Superbowl XLVIII game thread. It's like reliving the game from a different perspective every time.

I've already done that and much more. I've read every team's message boards and blogs through the 10th page of Google search, as well as checked the forums and blogs of major college football teams, other professional sports teams (e.g. Sonics and Nuggets), other general sports boards, sports betting boards, and most time-consuming of all, the tens of thousands of comments on each of the four quarter-threads on reddit. The thread that was the most positive towards Seattle was on a relatively obscure Patriots site, here.

From the actual SB thread from that forum came this prediction:

People will try to make this story of Peyton's magical season, but the real story of this season was the emergence of the NFC West was far and away the best division in football. The worst team in the Seahawks' division went 6-4 outside the NFC West and destroyed two playoff teams in the second part of the season. Unless the Seahawks get a worse whistle than they got the last time they made the Super Bowl, they are going to shatter the Broncos. Even if both teams play as well as they're capable of playing, I still see this having the makings of one of those 80's era NFC blowouts in which the high-scoring AFC team can't handle the physicality of the NFC power. This game is going to be a "Remember the 80's" flashback for John Elway, with Peyton "starring" in a role he once made famous--the overmatched QB of a team being dismantled by a superior opponent. I hope the Broncos all bring thick coats and thicker skins because it is going to be a long, cold four plus hours for them on Super Bowl Sunday.
    Meeker
    NET Starter

• Meeker wrote:
    Perfundle wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:when I'm bored at home or work with some time to kill i just pick a team, and their active message boards, and read their Superbowl XLVIII game thread. It's like reliving the game from a different perspective every time.

From the actual SB thread from that forum came this prediction:

People will try to make this story of Peyton's magical season, but the real story of this season was the emergence of the NFC West was far and away the best division in football. The worst team in the Seahawks' division went 6-4 outside the NFC West and destroyed two playoff teams in the second part of the season. Unless the Seahawks get a worse whistle than they got the last time they made the Super Bowl, they are going to shatter the Broncos. Even if both teams play as well as they're capable of playing, I still see this having the makings of one of those 80's era NFC blowouts in which the high-scoring AFC team can't handle the physicality of the NFC power. This game is going to be a "Remember the 80's" flashback for John Elway, with Peyton "starring" in a role he once made famous--the overmatched QB of a team being dismantled by a superior opponent. I hope the Broncos all bring thick coats and thicker skins because it is going to be a long, cold four plus hours for them on Super Bowl Sunday.

Whomever wrote that nailed it. The guy actually did a little research! Great find!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• I enjoyed the crow and the comments after the game, but I have put it the go back to file in a few years, comments a few weeks after become clouded with excuses and teams fans trying to pump their own teams up, this if fine it is what we did, we had to have hope and the belief that we could do it as well.

Now it's a new season and I see the disrespect card being played again all over again about were not focused and won't make the playoffs etc.

I love it, this team eats this stuff up and it motivates them all the more, can't wait for the comments from Angry Doug, Sherman and the rest throwing it back at them again.

Our lucky season with mediocre players over achieving and dismantled defense that has been figured out now should be good material to look back on again.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:I enjoyed the crow and the comments after the game, but I have put it the go back to file in a few years, comments a few weeks after become clouded with excuses and teams fans trying to pump their own teams up, this if fine it is what we did, we had to have hope and the belief that we could do it as well.

Now it's a new season and I see the disrespect card being played again all over again about were not focused and won't make the playoffs etc.

I love it, this team eats this stuff up and it motivates them all the more, can't wait for the comments from Angry Doug, Sherman and the rest throwing it back at them again.

Our lucky season with mediocre players over achieving and dismantled defense that has been figured out now should be good material to look back on again.

Yep, let's hope the media doesn't figure that out, most are pretty slow so we should be good for a few years. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

I am totally doing this right now. Great idea, except I'm playing the game on the DVR and keeping it synced with the Bronco board. It's amazing. Although after the Harvin TD to start the 2nd half they are all whining so badly it is tough to keep the game synced with the messages! lol Like around page 109, but I finally got back on track when Sherman got dinged up the first time... This is fantastic.
    idahohawk
    NET Practice Squad

• Read through both of these forums. It's hilarious reading. First the denial but in the end they all want to have a defense like the Hawks. Legion of Boom earned a lot of respect on 2/2/2014.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• idahohawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:The official Broncos forum one is textual gold. Here's a link to the page the game starts on: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... cos/page34

I am totally doing this right now. Great idea, except I'm playing the game on the DVR and keeping it synced with the Bronco board. It's amazing. Although after the Harvin TD to start the 2nd half they are all whining so badly it is tough to keep the game synced with the messages! lol Like around page 109, but I finally got back on track when Sherman got dinged up the first time... This is fantastic.

I did the same thing and the range of emotions in that 24 hours is definitely amazing (I started at page 1 of Bronco thread).

It at least put a new/different spin on the game for the 100th time I've watch it. :)

Great suggestion OP. When I get time, I'll read through some of the others.
    LolaRox
    NET Bench Warmer

• I am shocked that so many of the Bronco's fans were conceding defeat as early as 8 to 0 after all the smack they talked about the most prolific offense in NFL history. Loved reading it.
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

• I'm going to have to find a 9ers and Ravins one.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

• lsheldon wrote:I am shocked that so many of the Bronco's fans were conceding defeat as early as 8 to 0 after all the smack they talked about the most prolific offense in NFL history. Loved reading it.

They're as mentally weak as their team.
    Meeker
    NET Starter

• Those that have been in the game day forum know of what I speak, this isn't uncommon in many fan bases, they say they quit watching but eventually come back with how terrible or how they just had to peek and seen the comeback.

Beat downs like that hurt, but it's almost hypnotic in a way, the disbelief, the hope of something happening to turn the tide, the Hey we have Peyton Manning mentality and it isn't suppose to happen to us.

They watched trust me. It was the Super Bowl.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Pstark3 wrote:"Couldn't agree more. The team just looked scared from the beginning. I can't wait until 10 years from now when it comes out that the whole Seattle team was hopped up on PEDs, and then they have to forfeit their championship. Mark my words. It will happen. Carroll is dirty, dirty, dirty. And I'm a USC fan... the program is a lot more classy and less shady after he left. Just wait. The same thing will happen to Seattle. Carroll cheats, cheats, cheats. That defensive to addicted to adderall big time."

welp

Yeah, I saw that one. I call BS. That post smacks of beat up 'Ruin or Domer who's bitter about all the losses to CPC-coached Trojans teams.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• This thread would be awesome with some quotables
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Sprfunk wrote:I'm going to have to find a 9ers and Ravins one.

Ravens (it's a pretty good read):

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/57096-super-bowl-xlviii-thread/

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Trenchbroom wrote:
    Sprfunk wrote:I'm going to have to find a 9ers and Ravins one.

Ravens (it's a pretty good read):

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/57096-super-bowl-xlviii-thread/

Nice. Mostly Hawk-supporting. The few rooting for Denver didn't have much to say. That "Redlobster" guy was hilarious, just calling for penalties against the Seahawks all game long. :lol:
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:That "Redlobster" guy was hilarious, just calling for penalties against the Seahawks all game long. :lol:

He was my favorite, so angry!
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• I will never, ever, understand how that horrible spot on 3rd down wasn't overturned on our first possession. That's the only thing that irritates me about that game.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

I have a folder in my bookmarks with a ton of SB discussion threads from multiple sites. Mile High Report's SB threads are the best, of course, but Extreme Skins's thread is a factory of sadness and spite that honestly, I enjoy like a freshly-brewed beer or a fine wine.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information