3 Hawks nominated for ESPYs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Russell doesn't have a chance to win best player. His perception league wide just won't let him. Manning will win.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":23n1f1w2 said:
Russell doesn't have a chance to win best player. His perception league wide just won't let him. Manning will win.
Maybe so, but not rightfully so, given the 43 to 8 drubbing that the Seahawks gave to Peyton and the Donko's ,and before you dismiss RW, you have to admit that he played much, much better in that game @ Quarterback, than the vaunted Peyton Manning did.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":pzterkt3 said:

Manning will win, given his regular season but I think you are wrong about RWs perception around the league. He was 82nd last year in the player voted top 100, he is at least top 30, that is a 50+ jump, and given there are only 7 QBs left that also means he is top 10 at least so his perception amongst player is higher and since it is football experts who help ESPN decide who is even nominated for the ESPYs the fact he is nominated says his perception amongst the experts and writers is higher than you think.

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks as a team are nominated for "best team" (only champions are nominated), a category they will probably win going away.

Wilson probably won't win, but Sherman, Carroll, and Seahawks as a team will all be heavy favorites.

Anthony!":3hccq0d1 said:
Manning will win, given his regular season but I think you are wrong about RWs perception around the league. He was 82nd last year in the player voted top 100, he is at least top 30, that is a 50+ jump, and given there are only 7 QBs left that also means he is top 10 at least so his perception amongst player is higher and since it is football experts who help ESPN decide who is even nominated for the ESPYs the fact he is nominated says his perception amongst the experts and writers is higher than you think.

Wilson was #51 in 2012, and he's got that stupid game manager label put on him by people that either don't watch him play or don't know what a real game manager looks like.

He does have the #1 selling jersey though, and he certainly did his part when Seattle crushed Denver. If Manning wasn't in the running, I think he'd have a real chance.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
kearly":3i07ivst said:
The Seahawks as a team are nominated for "best team" (only champions are nominated), a category they will probably win going away.

Wilson probably won't win, but Sherman, Carroll, and Seahawks as a team will all be heavy favorites.

Anthony!":3i07ivst said:

Wilson was #51 in 2012, and he's got that stupid game manager label put on him by people that either don't watch him play or don't know what a real game manager looks like.

He does have the #1 selling jersey though, and he certainly did his part when Seattle crushed Denver. If Manning wasn't in the running, I think he'd have a real chance.

Well either way like I said he just vaulted in to the top 30 and squarely into the top 7 of QBs by the players so I would say the label has not stuck with him at least not for the players, and him being nominated for an ESPY by the writers and experts tell you even most of them do not see it that way.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Didn't Wilson beat out Manning in that NFL.com greatest QB tourney just a few months ago? Don't underestimate the fan vote.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could vote against Manning.

But Manning was gifted the opportunity for a record setting year...RW was not. Give him Fox and that Denver O and RW 's numbers would crush what he's currently doing with the Hawks. But he'd be holding an ESPY instead of Lombardi, too.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Sherman for "breakout athlete", LOL. In 2012 he led the league in passes defended and tied for 2nd most interceptions. It's really funny how it takes a while for some things (or people) to catch on with the national media.

I'm still getting used to our non-anonymous status. I was in the Midwest last week and during a conversation about football I started a sentence with "This guy on the Seahawks, Richard Sher..." when I suddenly realized, oh yeah, everyone knows who he is now. Ha!

MadSweeney

Reaction score
scutterhawk":7cyfsaxr said:
Tech Worlds":7cyfsaxr said:
Maybe so, but not rightfully so, given the 43 to 8 drubbing that the Seahawks gave to Peyton and the Donko's ,and before you dismiss RW, you have to admit that he played much, much better in that game @ Quarterback, than the vaunted Peyton Manning did.
That's 1 out of 19 games in which Manning was outplayed by RW. Manning winning that is rightful. It's not anti-Seahawk to say so. He killed defenses at a record pace all season long, until he played the best defense in the league and got put in his place. There's no way RW deserves it over Manning.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
MadSweeney":26codoyl said:
scutterhawk":26codoyl said:
Tech Worlds":26codoyl said:
That's 1 out of 19 games in which Manning was outplayed by RW. Manning winning that is rightful. It's not anti-Seahawk to say so. He killed defenses at a record pace all season long, until he played the best defense in the league and got put in his place. There's no way RW deserves it over Manning.

I agree but of course he had a lot more talent around him than Rw did

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Anthony!":2jxbjjr7 said:
MadSweeney":2jxbjjr7 said:
scutterhawk":2jxbjjr7 said:
Tech Worlds":2jxbjjr7 said:

I agree but of course he had a lot more talent around him than Rw did

Im not so sure about that one. I'd probably swap o lines but pretty much everywhere else we are even if not better than. Demaryius Thomas is the only player id covet on their whole team. And he might be tied for best we on this team, not even best player on our offense.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
HawkWow":rqrbdgkf said:
I don't know how anyone could vote against Manning.

Easy, visit the ESPY voting site http://espn.go.com/espys/2014/ click Categories, Best NFL Player... "Russell Wilson" and "submit vote" ;)
(I know I'm being a wise a$$. But, I think we're on good terms already.) :lol: :229031_cheers:

David Letterman style Top 10 Reasons:

10. 35. ;) (Are those leadership points?)
9. The most watched televised sporting event in history.
8. Did the Giant's even make the playoffs?
7. :179422:
6. What's Next? Russell gets the ESPY for Best NFL Player!
5. Bigger PR monster... Wilson or Manning? (Go with the young guy)
4. Vote fixing for dollars
3. Ask the kids at Seattle Chidren's Hospital (wait, one of them wants to take Wilson's job)
2. "Da da,, Da da... Wiiiiiilllllll - soooonnnnnn!"

and the #1 reason how anyone could vote against him?...

1. "Manning is too tall"

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Anthony!":2aby9vxq said:
Tech Worlds":2aby9vxq said:

Very cool avatar, Anthony!

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seahawkscrazy":aexmym03 said:
Im not so sure about that one. I'd probably swap o lines but pretty much everywhere else we are even if not better than. Demaryius Thomas is the only player id covet on their whole team. And he might be tied for best we on this team, not even best player on our offense.

Sorry but Denvers WR corps as a show was better than what Rw had by far.

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
Anthony!":13k12i2h said:
"Seahawks’ Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Pete Carroll nominated for ESPY awards"

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014 ... py-awards/

Isn't this the one where both the 49er and Seahawk fans were using computers to submit votes last year and the counts were sky-rocketing at ridiculous rates? I wonder if ESPN fixed it to prevent vote rigging this year?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
To be honest, I'd have a lot more respect for Peyton if he had just said "**** it!" and started lobbing bombs to try and catch up, even if it resulted in a couple extra interceptions on his stat sheet by the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.