3 Hawks nominated for ESPYs

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
3 Hawks nominated for ESPYs
Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Re: 3 Hawks nominated for ESPYs
Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:55 pm
  • Russell doesn't have a chance to win best player. His perception league wide just won't let him. Manning will win.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:07 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Russell doesn't have a chance to win best player. His perception league wide just won't let him. Manning will win.

Maybe so, but not rightfully so, given the 43 to 8 drubbing that the Seahawks gave to Peyton and the Donko's ,and before you dismiss RW, you have to admit that he played much, much better in that game @ Quarterback, than the vaunted Peyton Manning did.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:18 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Russell doesn't have a chance to win best player. His perception league wide just won't let him. Manning will win.

Manning will win, given his regular season but I think you are wrong about RWs perception around the league. He was 82nd last year in the player voted top 100, he is at least top 30, that is a 50+ jump, and given there are only 7 QBs left that also means he is top 10 at least so his perception amongst player is higher and since it is football experts who help ESPN decide who is even nominated for the ESPYs the fact he is nominated says his perception amongst the experts and writers is higher than you think.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:54 pm
  • The Seahawks as a team are nominated for "best team" (only champions are nominated), a category they will probably win going away.

Wilson probably won't win, but Sherman, Carroll, and Seahawks as a team will all be heavy favorites.

Anthony! wrote:Manning will win, given his regular season but I think you are wrong about RWs perception around the league. He was 82nd last year in the player voted top 100, he is at least top 30, that is a 50+ jump, and given there are only 7 QBs left that also means he is top 10 at least so his perception amongst player is higher and since it is football experts who help ESPN decide who is even nominated for the ESPYs the fact he is nominated says his perception amongst the experts and writers is higher than you think.

Wilson was #51 in 2012, and he's got that stupid game manager label put on him by people that either don't watch him play or don't know what a real game manager looks like.

He does have the #1 selling jersey though, and he certainly did his part when Seattle crushed Denver. If Manning wasn't in the running, I think he'd have a real chance.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:48 pm
  • kearly wrote:The Seahawks as a team are nominated for "best team" (only champions are nominated), a category they will probably win going away.

Wilson probably won't win, but Sherman, Carroll, and Seahawks as a team will all be heavy favorites.

Anthony! wrote:Manning will win, given his regular season but I think you are wrong about RWs perception around the league. He was 82nd last year in the player voted top 100, he is at least top 30, that is a 50+ jump, and given there are only 7 QBs left that also means he is top 10 at least so his perception amongst player is higher and since it is football experts who help ESPN decide who is even nominated for the ESPYs the fact he is nominated says his perception amongst the experts and writers is higher than you think.

Wilson was #51 in 2012, and he's got that stupid game manager label put on him by people that either don't watch him play or don't know what a real game manager looks like.

He does have the #1 selling jersey though, and he certainly did his part when Seattle crushed Denver. If Manning wasn't in the running, I think he'd have a real chance.

Well either way like I said he just vaulted in to the top 30 and squarely into the top 7 of QBs by the players so I would say the label has not stuck with him at least not for the players, and him being nominated for an ESPY by the writers and experts tell you even most of them do not see it that way.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:22 am
  • Didn't Wilson beat out Manning in that NFL.com greatest QB tourney just a few months ago? Don't underestimate the fan vote.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:34 am
  • I don't know how anyone could vote against Manning.

But Manning was gifted the opportunity for a record setting year...RW was not. Give him Fox and that Denver O and RW 's numbers would crush what he's currently doing with the Hawks. But he'd be holding an ESPY instead of Lombardi, too.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:36 am
  • Sherman for "breakout athlete", LOL. In 2012 he led the league in passes defended and tied for 2nd most interceptions. It's really funny how it takes a while for some things (or people) to catch on with the national media.

I'm still getting used to our non-anonymous status. I was in the Midwest last week and during a conversation about football I started a sentence with "This guy on the Seahawks, Richard Sher..." when I suddenly realized, oh yeah, everyone knows who he is now. Ha!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:18 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Russell doesn't have a chance to win best player. His perception league wide just won't let him. Manning will win.

Maybe so, but not rightfully so, given the 43 to 8 drubbing that the Seahawks gave to Peyton and the Donko's ,and before you dismiss RW, you have to admit that he played much, much better in that game @ Quarterback, than the vaunted Peyton Manning did.

That's 1 out of 19 games in which Manning was outplayed by RW. Manning winning that is rightful. It's not anti-Seahawk to say so. He killed defenses at a record pace all season long, until he played the best defense in the league and got put in his place. There's no way RW deserves it over Manning.
    MadSweeney
    NET Rookie

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:02 pm
  • MadSweeney wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Russell doesn't have a chance to win best player. His perception league wide just won't let him. Manning will win.

That's 1 out of 19 games in which Manning was outplayed by RW. Manning winning that is rightful. It's not anti-Seahawk to say so. He killed defenses at a record pace all season long, until he played the best defense in the league and got put in his place. There's no way RW deserves it over Manning.

I agree but of course he had a lot more talent around him than Rw did
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:40 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:
    MadSweeney wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

I agree but of course he had a lot more talent around him than Rw did

Im not so sure about that one. I'd probably swap o lines but pretty much everywhere else we are even if not better than. Demaryius Thomas is the only player id covet on their whole team. And he might be tied for best we on this team, not even best player on our offense.
    "Your Seattle Seahawks, 2013-14 World Champions"
    Adopt A Rookie 2014-15 - Kevin Pierre-Louis
    Adopt-A-Red-Shirt 2014-15 Christine Micheal
    Previously known as megamanflx1
    Seahawkscrazy
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:54 am
  • HawkWow wrote:I don't know how anyone could vote against Manning.

Easy, visit the ESPY voting site http://espn.go.com/espys/2014/ click Categories, Best NFL Player... "Russell Wilson" and "submit vote" ;)
    (I know I'm being a wise a$$. But, I think we're on good terms already.) :lol: :229031_cheers:

David Letterman style Top 10 Reasons:

10. 35. ;) (Are those leadership points?)
    9. The most watched televised sporting event in history.
    8. Did the Giant's even make the playoffs?
    7. :179422:
    6. What's Next? Russell gets the ESPY for Best NFL Player!
    5. Bigger PR monster... Wilson or Manning? (Go with the young guy)
    4. Vote fixing for dollars
    3. Ask the kids at Seattle Chidren's Hospital (wait, one of them wants to take Wilson's job)
    2. "Da da,, Da da... Wiiiiiilllllll - soooonnnnnn!"

and the #1 reason how anyone could vote against him?...

1. "Manning is too tall"
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:56 am
  • Anthony! wrote:

Manning will win, given his regular season but I think you are wrong about RWs perception around the league. He was 82nd last year in the player voted top 100, he is at least top 30, that is a 50+ jump, and given there are only 7 QBs left that also means he is top 10 at least so his perception amongst player is higher and since it is football experts who help ESPN decide who is even nominated for the ESPYs the fact he is nominated says his perception amongst the experts and writers is higher than you think.

Very cool avatar, Anthony!
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:01 am
  • Seahawkscrazy wrote:
    Im not so sure about that one. I'd probably swap o lines but pretty much everywhere else we are even if not better than. Demaryius Thomas is the only player id covet on their whole team. And he might be tied for best we on this team, not even best player on our offense.

Sorry but Denvers WR corps as a show was better than what Rw had by far.
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:10 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:"Seahawks’ Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Pete Carroll nominated for ESPY awards"

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014 ... py-awards/

Isn't this the one where both the 49er and Seahawk fans were using computers to submit votes last year and the counts were sky-rocketing at ridiculous rates? I wonder if ESPN fixed it to prevent vote rigging this year?
    Bob_the_Destroyer
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:19 pm
  • Sherman won breakthrough athlete. L-O-B!
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:03 pm
  • To be honest, I'd have a lot more respect for Peyton if he had just said "**** it!" and started lobbing bombs to try and catch up, even if it resulted in a couple extra interceptions on his stat sheet by the end of the game.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:44 pm
  • Being discussed here at 6pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94088
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information