Pryor doesn't know how to catch

Jville

Reaction score
I suspect that article might crush a few fantasies.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
A QB .... Who has most likely played catch his entire life doesn't know how to catch a football.

Cmon Pryor!!!!!!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Jville":m1xs48c8 said:
I suspect that article might crush a few fantasies.

But... But... But... Seneca Wallace had 4 career catches as a Seahawk so it can work! :sarcasm_off:

kidhawk

Reaction score
From the way the OTA's went, I'd say that Pryor needs to learn how to catch or he'll be backing up someone not named Wilson this season

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Pryor is on record as wanting the chance to be a starting QB. I don't get the sense that he wants to be here or is willing do everything he can to be here. "Can't" is not a word in the Seahawks' lexicon. It was a waste of a pick, IMO, but the damage is not so great because it was only a 7th Rounder.

However, if confirmation bias leads to keeping Pryor just to show themselves they weren't wrong and either releasing B.J. Daniels or cutting a better long-term prospect at a critical position (i.e. Michael Brooks or Jackson Jeffocat), then the damage will exceed the loss of the 7th Rounder.

Jville

Reaction score
I ..... I ..... I ..... guess that wouldn't be considered a vote of confidence.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":193vxupm said:
Pryor is on record as wanting the chance to be a starting QB. I don't get the sense that he wants to be here or is willing do everything he can to be here. "Can't" is not a word in the Seahawks' lexicon. It was a waste of a pick, IMO, but the damage is not so great because it was only a 7th Rounder.

However, if confirmation bias leads to keeping Pryor just to show themselves they weren't wrong and either releasing B.J. Daniels or cutting a better long-term prospect at a critical position (i.e. Michael Brooks or Jackson Jeffocat), then the damage will exceed the loss of the 7th Rounder.

The pick is really all it cost us. In pre season it's a numbers game. You want to have a certain number of players at each position. We brought in price because we needed him to throw balls during the rookie camp. He was an unlikely candidate to ever make the squad here, but was given a little bit of experience by coming in and getting in some work. That may help his career a bit and gave us a body in the mean time. The qb's we have on the roster now are all "competing" for the backup spot (excluding Wilson of course), but we have the number we have so we have enough arms to throw the ball around at any given time with starters, backups or whichever unit it's needed. This gets everyone more work on both sides fo the ball. Keeping a good balance of players at the positions is a necessity for the offseason and early training camp. The camp fodder will weed out quickly as roster trims need to take place.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
If there's any confirmation bias regarding a QB competition it will be from the fan base, not the front office.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
A 7th rounder (essentially the very last pick before comp picks) was probably well-worth simply having another NFL caliber arm in camp and someone who can scout-team as a taller mobile QB. Especially considering the fact that Seattle cleaned up in rookie free agency anyway.

I thought his odds were long before mini-camps. I really don't think this regime is going to keep him just to prove something. They've cut "name value" players who they've signed or traded for in the past. They won't be shy about doing it again. Of course, he still has every opportunity to prove himself and earn a spot on the merits.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Doesn't know how to catch and doesn't know how to throw. His mechanics, even to the untrained eye (like mine) are horrid. Wanna' see the next Terelle Pryor? Look no further than U-Dub's Cyler Miles. Both he and Pryor would have done well to abandon the notion of playing QB, at a high level, long ago.

In Pryor's case, I blame the vested one at OSU. My understanding is that Pryor was slated for WR in his freshman year. I know he caught a nice TD, but then he went to QB, where he obviously excelled, but that was college ball. He's basically a taller, faster, dumber Tebow.

I'm not even a little upset we traded a 7 for Pryor. Pete has a plan for him, probably only on the scout team, but Carroll, aside from his clock management, has done nothing to warrant second guessing from us Seahawk fans (imo).

I never bought into the notion of putting him at WR. People that wanted that transition must think playing WR is like taking the garbage out. Punt returner..maybe, but no way in hell could / should Pryor beat out any legit NFL WR, Safety, CB, RB etc). The world is filled with gifted athletes, only a handful can play in the NFL.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bull-dung, he doesn't have any value to the Seahawks or most any other team in the NFL then.
IF he doesn't know how to be a RB, then why the hell did he tuck the ball and run so much while playing for the Raiders.
He wants to be a Quarterback, ONLY, and that's why he saying he doesn't know how to catch.
A football player with his athletic abilities, and he has no other attributes, other than throwing the ball? please :177692: , spare me the BS.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1gyyzf3b said:
Bull-dung, he doesn't have any value to the Seahawks or most any other team in the NFL then.
IF he doesn't know how to be a RB, then why the hell did he tuck the ball and run so much while playing for the Raiders.
He wants to be a Quarterback, ONLY, and that's why he saying he doesn't know how to catch.
A football player with his athletic abilities, and he has no other attributes, other than throwing the ball? please :177692: , spare me the BS.

THANK YOU! :13:

HawkWow

Reaction score
I can't recall ever seeing a 6' 6" RB. I could be wrong. But I'm picturing a taller version of the too tall running style of his OSU brother Eddie George. George was tough as nails, but arguably the most over-rated RB of our generation, imo.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Catching is hard to do, ask Koren Robinson, Keary Colbert, and Darrell Jackson in 2003 and 2004.

Jville

Reaction score
This is the moment where someone jumps in and says .......

...... yeah look at baseball players ....... they need specialty gloves to catch a nice small round ball.

Jville

Reaction score
:177692: Sorry ..... couldn't help myself.

Back in the NFL ...... how about the recent struggles of Chris Harper.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Competition is all about taking yourself out of your comfort zone and batting to become the best at any challenge thrown your way. Cliff Avril has only rushed from the left/strong side for most of his football career, but now we see him battling at right/weak side DE in practices for the good of the team. Percy Harvin hasn't returned punts since high school, but he will be in the thick of the competition for starting punt returner on this team. The willingness to rise to the occasion is what defines greatness.

We have at least two projected starters this season who never played their respective positions until two years ago: J.R. Sweezy at right guard and Derrick Coleman at fullback. Their willingness to compete epitomizes the greatness of this team's philosophy.

Jville

Reaction score
When the Seahawks traded a seventh-round draft pick to acquire Pryor from Oakland two months ago, you wondered if he would want out of this situation because the odds of playing time are so slim. But he has fallen for the organization.

“I’m happy here,” Pryor said. “It’s a different scene. I’m on an established team right now, not in a building process. It’s phenomenal. From top to bottom, everything is first class in this organization. I appreciate the opportunity, and I’m having a great time.”

Pryor understands the deal. Wilson is a franchise quarterback. Jackson is a quality backup who is beloved in the locker room. If Pryor wants to remain a Seahawk beyond the preseason, it’s likely that he will have to convince coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider to keep a third quarterback on the 53-man roster.

[urltargetblank]http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewer/2023884462_brewer20xml.html[/urltargetblank]

Hawknballs

Reaction score
He could be a well paid "weapon" if he were willing. Instead he apparently wound rather play in Canada. Or buffalo.