TE Luke Willson interview 6-18

Jville

Reaction score
Speaks about off season, where he is at football wise and social media.

Link >>>> [urltargetblank]http://icestream.bonnint.net/seattle/kiro/2014/06/c_bobandgroz061814_9973227.mp3[/urltargetblank]

TestMo1337

Reaction score
If it was Bob and Groz; they asked if he needed to work on his blocking. He responded that he needs to work on a lot of things, not just blocking.

He's growing out his hair. Its nice coming in as a 1st year vet to help all the rookie who are all bright eyed. Said that he's gained weight without sacrificing his speed.

After the Superbowl, he's been embraced by his hometown and he's going to a lot of schools and talking to kids.

Had an incident where he was asked to a HS prom and with OTAs it was a scheduling conflict so he had to back out. The girl that asked him was super nice and said he would make it up to her later. She didn't imagine that he would even respond.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
And he's able to focus on a lot of small but important details of his position and details he needs to perfect on certain plays... a focus he couldn't afford last year because he was just learning the playbook then. And he agreed when he was asked if a lot of that is coming from film study.

The total message... he's investing in himself to be an improved player on the field.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I couldn't be any higher on Luke Willson, especially considering where he was drafted. Because of his speed, I thought he was going to be little more than a TE / WR. But Zach has him committed to blocking and other subtle nuances to the position. I look forward to him being a badass TE / WR. I suspect we will see Willson all over the field this year, even lining up at FB. 4.5 for a guy his size is blazing. And better, at Rice, he was a coach's favorite and his HC called him "a utility type player that could be plugged in all over the place and counted on whenever a play was absolutely needed".

Great job by our scouts. Willson could end up one of the top steals of the entire 2012 draft.