visual summary of wilson being awesome

ManBunts

Reaction score
That GIF has to be doctored! I mean, Peterson said it himself, he's the best corner in the league, and the best corner would never let a pass like that just float on by.

Sarcasm aside I can watch Russell highlights all day. The touch he has on the ball, whether he's throwing off his front or back foot, mid-stride, opposite field, it's a beautiful thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7II7HKusrg

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Wilson moving the pocket and sliding left so smoothly was awesome to see.

PFF had him well-graded from the pocket, which I posted last week, and they also showed raw numbers that Wilson is a top-nine pocket passer already. This myth of him being an outside-the-pocket passer that can be beaten by being kept in the pocket won't go away without Wilson having a 5,000 yard year or something like that where people will take the total passing yards as some weird correlative proof that Wilson can play in the pocket. However, the truth is that he is consistently very good in the pocket.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
2014-06-17-19_36_27.gif

Great pickup block here by Lynch after McQuistan doubles the inside man, allowing the outside rusher a free path into the backfield. Lynch's blocking was maybe his single greatest improvement last season.

Unger gets beat, but good blocking on the right side of the line with Sweezie and Bailey eliminating one defender while Miller takes the outside man. I'm looking forward to watching the further development of that combo next season.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
hawknation2014":1svjjhx0 said:
2014-06-17-19_36_27.gif

Great pickup block here by Lynch after McQuistan doubles the inside man, allowing the outside rusher a free path into the backfield. Lynch's blocking was maybe his single greatest improvement last season.

This was a nice block, but I was actually more impressed with Lynch's pass-catching improvement. He was a legitimate threat out of the backfield in a way that he really never had been before in his career. The Giants game, for example, I remember him with some nice releases and catches (downfield even).

As a blocker, he definitely improved from what I have seen, but he improved even more as a pass-catcher.

Smellyman

Reaction score
That is a big time throw.

An example of not getting enough credit is the NFCC game too. People are still swooning over Kaepernicks TD pass to Boldin which was all right I guess.

Nobody talks abou the pass from Wilson to Baldwin. All he does is scramble around for a while. sprint to his left, stop and throw a 60 yard in the air dime to Baldwin while getting drilled by Patrick Willis. Now that is impressive.

Russell-Wilson-runs-around-and-completes-a-pass-to-Doug-Baldwin.gif

drdiags

Reaction score
That was Brooks who nailed him. Brooks has taken his fair share of shots on Wilson. I think it was the early season home game against the 9ers when Brooks put a pretty good lick on Wilson (though a tad late), and Wilson told him "Come on man!". Brooks light him up last year in the Sunday night game, probably payback from spending the entire evening chasing Wilson during those crazy scrambles.

Keep an eye on Brooks, as my man Brimley said in "The Thing".

Smellyman

Reaction score
drdiags":3o7vwzyx said:
That was Brooks who nailed him. Brooks has taken his fair share of shots on Wilson. I think it was the early season home game against the 9ers when Brooks put a pretty good lick on Wilson (though a tad late), and Wilson told him "Come on man!". Brooks light him up last year in the Sunday night game, probably payback from spending the entire evening chasing Wilson during those crazy scrambles.

whoops. Brooks. Yeah there is one sequence where Wilson faked out Brooks so bad in the same scramble I almost felt bad for him. It does explain the cheap shots.

SF LB's can flat play.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
drdiags":2264dqx9 said:

He didn't just say 'c'mon man' He said 'that wasn't necessary.' Brooks is out there trying to injure people.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That throw against the Cardinals was amazing. Great breakdown of it.

I can't wait to see his career highlight reel when it's all said and done.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":19tg3ys8 said:
drdiags":19tg3ys8 said:

He didn't just say 'c'mon man' He said 'that wasn't necessary.' Brooks is out there trying to injure people.

If you recall, that play your mentioning was on a "read option" play, he nailed Wilson after the ball was handed off, thus the irritation from Wilson. Funny thing with that, is that the rule states as long as the QB is moving towards the LOS and not retreating they can do that. Harbaugh, was concerned the Packers would take cheap shots on Kaep because of this rule and making a big stink, then the very next week he's using that rule to his advantage to get cheap shots on Wilson. Harbaugh the Hypocrite? Naaa, can't be. :D