Great News and the Incredible Mr. Pete..

HawkWow

Reaction score
An acquaintance just informed me that Pete is about to bring him on as an assistant coach! This was said in relative confidentiality, so I won't yet disclose his name or projected capacity, but he is confident the deal should go down any day now.

Pete just continues to amaze. Unafraid to take chances or give them. As the result, this guy goes from **** ****** ball to one of the greatest teams in NFL history. Thanks again for Pete (and *everything else), Mr. Allen!

* including my future sideline passes. ; )

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I certainly hope he's good enough.
J/K, bro! :)

Best of luck to your friend!

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks guys...and you know what? I actually told him not to be going over there, messing things up, lol. And when you see where he's been coaching, you'll understand why I said this. Great guy and just really stoked for him and his family.

sutz

Reaction score
Hey, just getting a job is great in this market. Getting a job with the 'Hawks is fantastic! :laugh:

Best of luck to him.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks Sutz....One thing that sux about this, and I'm feelin' it now, is I want to call him like every 30 minutes. He should change his number asap.

A (much closer) friend of mine was a Hawk VP during our previous SB run. The best bro a guy could ever have, but I know I became a nuisance at times. Just couldn't stop myself. I actually encouraged him to get a restraining order against me, lol. But he passed away and is greatly missed. : (

drdiags

Reaction score
Congrats to your friend if/when it comes to pass. I know it most likely isn't the 72 Dolphins secondary guy you mentioned awhile back when he commented on Earl/Sherman's game (Jake Scott, I thought).

Anyway, will be interesting to see who it is once the hire is made. I wonder who is moving on to make room for him?

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
drdiags":2wv3fjwn said:
Congrats to your friend if/when it comes to pass. I know it most likely isn't the 72 Dolphins secondary guy you mentioned awhile back when he commented on Earl/Sherman's game (Jake Scott, I thought).

Anyway, will be interesting to see who it is once the hire is made. I wonder who is moving on to make room for him?

Thanks Doc, Naw..not Jake. He passionately hates the politics of the NFL. Jake was Marshawn before Marshawn and continues to shun the NFL, reunions and especially Shula and his 72 team mates. Very private and complex individual....but a very solid friend that would give you the shirt off his back. Watch our 05 SB when they honored all the past SB MVPs. Jake wasn't there...he was fishing in Hanalei bay.

Odd coincidence that you asked about him, actually. They did both play the same position (in college).

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
It's not a blue ball thread. While somewhat cryptic, I believe I make clear his is a name you will not know or recognize. In other words, not an exciting hire for the casual fan.

This thread was about me being excited for a friend while praising Pete and marveling at how far out of the box he is willing to venture to get his guy.

I live in 9er country and not many people around me would give a dang about this. The overwhelming majority of Hawk supporters I communicate with are here in this forum. My excitement.... I just couldn't contain. If in the same situation, would you have kept this to yourself?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Let it play out. I'll be interested to see more of this story after the fact.

I know if I was in the OP's position, I'd be stoked too.

Smellyman

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1ufa318j said:
Let it play out. I'll be interested to see more of this story after the fact.

I know if I was in the OP's position, I'd be stoked too.

me too, I would be stoked to post it on an internet forum.

mikeak

Reaction score
OP hope you confirm who after the fact

Right now if PC reads this he would be scratching his head and not be able to figure out which of all the people he is hiring this week this is about :D

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Haha..man, wish I knew Richard Dent! What a player.

My use of asterisks, in my original post, would signal to Pete who I am referring to. And of course he reads this forum!

And when the announcement is made, and I believe it will be (the guy has already resigned from his current employment), it will be clear to all who I am referring to. But I am going to let this thread die because, well... there's never a shortage of ankle biters here at .net. ; ) But a big thanks to those that tolerated my excitement. Aloha.