Paul Richardson getting LASIK

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":ife8danr said:
http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-offseason-2014/2014/6/6/5786188/paul-richardson-lasik-procedure-jermaine-kearse

I'm assuming he's getting PRK which is what people get done when they do contact sports. Traditional Lasik where they open a flap in your cornea has a very fast recovery time, but with contact sports you risk dislodging the flap and having a cornea wrinkle. PRK wipes away cornea layer completely allowing it to regrow, but the healing process is much more painful and much longer. I had PRK done because I did contact sports at the time. I was seeing VERY blurry for a good month almost 2, before I saw 20/20. At the worst part was your vision was changing day to day, so it's not like you could wear glasses to correct your vision while your cornea layer grows back.

All the above, I'm saying is in hopes that the recovery time doesn't screw with his practice time.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
They have some amazing machines now for LASIK that do a much better job of mapping the eye to make sure they only adjust what is necessary and surgeries such as LASEK or Epi-LASIK are surface laser treatments that don't require the flap to be cut and can be enough correction for some people.

I've actually been looking into it for some time, I just haven't wanted to pull the trigger on it yet. With my insurance's discount, it is still about $1850 per eye out of pocket.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am glad he has decided to get his sight fixed before it could hamper his game. What I want to know (not to steal the thread) is can that stuff surgery fix astigmatizm?...or can it find a braincell that works and stimulate its ability to work harder?? LOL

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

NinjaHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1hwfa2yu said:
...or can it find a braincell that works and stimulate its ability to work harder?? LOL

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

The answer is no, LASIK surgery couldn't possibly fix Aaron Curry.

Jville

Reaction score
Kearse still stops short of blaming his issue of drops in college on his vision, but does admit the difference is noticeable. As a corollary, "I don't really drop the ball as much anymore."

Taking ownership ..... that perspective is so Seahawky :D

HawkWow

Reaction score
At U-Dub, I would blame Kearse's numerous drops more on a lack of concentration than anything else. He started off like the next Reggie Williams, then (IMO) sorta' started thinking he was better than he was and started committing the cardinal sin of taking his eye off the ball, looking for open field instead. Like many here, I witnessed and agonized through EVERY drop and this is what I saw. I'm sure the Lazik helped, but I think him getting back to sound football fundamentals helped even more.

Richardson? I watched the kid every chance I got and never noticed an excess of drops and he never appeared to have trouble tracking the ball, so maybe this eye thing is something coming on recently (as I assume was the case with Kearse).

Tokadub

Reaction score
I don't really understand all these seemingly retarded surgeries that are going on for our team.

I wear contact lenses and I never have any issues with blurry vision or uncomfortable contacts... It's kinda hard to imagine that I have superior eyeballs to professional athletes...

But anyways for me I would rather wear contact lenses and not butcher my eyeballs with some laser beam bullshit. I just simply don't trust modern science and surgery to actually improve your condition...

I am VERY skeptical about these hip surgeries in particular... each one of these damn things is probably costing around $50,000 or more since it's professional athletes, and I honestly think our guys are going to be worst for the wear. I don't think there will be any improvement whatsoever for these hip surgeries... it's a big scam our guys getting cut up and can only play 1-2 games a year like Harvin.

Just watch next year Chancellor will probalby miss games, Harvin will once again be seriously injured... and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paul Richardson's eye surgery gets F'd and he is worthless forever.

In short... modern science is a scam and it does more harm than good. They tell you the surgery will help you so much in one way but they never tell you ANY OF THE NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS THAT RUIN YOUR LIFE... THAT'S FACT and it will be a huge scandal someday once people stop being so retarded.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tokadub":9zmxagqc said:
I don't really understand all these seemingly retarded surgeries that are going on for our team.

I wear contact lenses and I never have any issues with blurry vision or uncomfortable contacts... It's kinda hard to imagine that I have superior eyeballs to professional athletes...

But anyways for me I would rather wear contact lenses and not butcher my eyeballs with some laser beam bullshit. I just simply don't trust modern science and surgery to actually improve your condition...

I am VERY skeptical about these hip surgeries in particular... each one of these damn things is probably costing around $50,000 or more since it's professional athletes, and I honestly think our guys are going to be worst for the wear. I don't think there will be any improvement whatsoever for these hip surgeries... it's a big scam our guys getting cut up and can only play 1-2 games a year like Harvin.

Just watch next year Chancellor will probalby miss games, Harvin will once again be seriously injured... and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paul Richardson's eye surgery gets F'd and he is worthless forever.

In short... modern science is a scam and it does more harm than good. They tell you the surgery will help you so much in one way but they never tell you ANY OF THE NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS THAT RUIN YOUR LIFE... THAT'S FACT and it will be a huge scandal someday once people stop being so retarded.

Tokadub's posts are like lunar eclipses...doesn't happen often but when it does, it inspires shock and awe

253hawk

Reaction score
His account was hacked by a 49er fan, right? Right? That can't be real. A person with a brain could not have seriously typed all of that out and actually meant any of it.

In news of the rational universe, it looks like everything went fine.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,190
Reaction score
253hawk":27kjczp0 said:
His account was hacked by a 49er fan, right? Right? That can't be real. A person with a brain could not have seriously typed all of that out and actually meant any of it.

He really missed an opportunity there to just type gibberish.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tokadub":3numxwei said:

What in the hell just happened here?

OrFan

Reaction score
WorcesterHawks":2ab7hv8p said:
253hawk":2ab7hv8p said:

No he didn't. That is exactly what he typed. Somehow your brain actually made sense of it. How else can a person explain that long of a post that no part of it is even real?

Reaction score
OrFan":a42hv8jl said:
WorcesterHawks":a42hv8jl said:
253hawk":a42hv8jl said:

No he didn't. That is exactly what he typed. Somehow your brain actually made sense of it. How else can a person explain that long of a post that no part of it is even real?

Ha, unfortunately I messed up in quoting the original message. I was referring to Paul Richardson's tweet - that he missed a chance to post utter gibberish after his Lasik surgery, thus suggesting he could not see and was typing any old keys. It would have the bonus effect of allowing us all to revel in a Tokadub "I TOLD YOU!" post.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
My lady had LASIK done in September 2013 and she will tell anyone concerned it was the best money she's ever spent.

Good on Richardson. I would do it ASAP if I had poor eye sight and the means to make it happen.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
And I had it done back in 1999 when I was 50 y/o.

Had it done up in Vancouver B.C. because the procedure was not yet approved in the U.S.

They were pumping them out by the thousands back then.

Cost $950 for both eyes... best $950 I ever spent.

Paul did the right thing imo.

Latest posts