Willson, LUKE Willson

Giblien

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about his role in the upcoming year? The kid has potential...

jlwaters1

Reaction score
On the "town hall" meeting 2 days ago, I believe Bevell was asked a few "sleeper" picks for the coming year. He mentioned that Luke Willson as one of those primed to take that next step in his development. I'm pretty excited to see him this coming year. With a year under his belt I expect to see more production across the board. Zach Miller mentioned on KJR with Miller, WIllson and McCoy they have the ability to go 3 TE sets, which could be pretty devastating in the redzone, allowing both to run and pass with big targets.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I was high on Willson last year and I see no reason why he can't be Miller's replacement in a year or two. Not quite as good a blocker as Miller but probably a better receiving threat.

Honestly, if the Hawks ever decide to take the Offensive Line seriously I would prefer someone with a little more receiving ability than Miller, and we would easily be abke to handle a small dropoff in blocking.

Im looking forward to years of Wilson-to-Willson

Jville

Reaction score
Last Luke Willson radio interview 4-22 >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/podcast-softy-ondemand-softy/luke-willson-422-24664956/[/urltargetblank]

More recent Zack Miller interview 6-2 >>> speaks of Willson and McCoy, 3 tight end sets, and the continuing emphasis on the physical running game -- which was a point of emphasis in the recent "Town Hall" event. >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/podcast-ian-furness-ondemand-ian_furness/zach-miller-62-24846454/[/urltargetblank]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
One of the reasons I feel the Seahawks will carry only 4 RBs is that Luke Willson will get a lot of looks at FB, he can also play the slot in RZ looks.

I've also heard that Luke Willson is 10 pounds heavier and up to 260, so he could be an even better blocker.

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting.

This may be straying a bit away from the specific Luke Wilson topic, but Pat McPherson uncovered a couple of "move tight ends" during his recruitment travels. My understanding is that both Chase Dixon and Rashaun Allen (undrafted rookie free agents) have, to date, impressed and generated some excitement. They have been identified as candidates to compete for box out red zone competition.

The depth and scope of this year's group looks intriguing.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm just so high on this kid. Speed, size, intelligence, hands..every coach's dream. I think we'll see him all over the field, including FB, this year and 3 years under Zach should make him a wealthy young man come year 4.