Remember "predict the season" this time last year?

kearly

Reaction score
Last summer, you might remember that NFL.com had fans vote on which teams they thought would make the playoffs (w/ seeding), then vote for how they thought the playoffs would play out.

It wasn't perfect (fans expected the Texans, Falcons, Bucs, Ravens and Redskins to make the playoffs, and for Seattle to be a WC team), but it's pretty interesting how the end of that prediction played out.

Broncos vs Patriots (fans predicted Denver win)

Seahawks vs 49ers (fans predicted Seattle win)

Seahawks vs Broncos (fans predicted Seattle win)

I guess you could say those were semi-obvious matchups and outcomes, but I bet it doesn't happen very often when fan expectation perfectly guesses the matchups in the last 3 games, and goes 3/3 on choosing the victors to boot.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Part of the magic that has been the past couple seasons. We are lucky how things turned out almost "according to script" in so many ways. Its like I mentioned in the rain city redemption thread, everything turned out in a way you couldn't have imagined if you tried a few seasons ago to guess.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I had just found that year-old thread a few days ago.

Here were some of our reactions at the time: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68466

It is pretty amazing how the fans got it right, even more so how confident we were and how that confidence carried over throughout the season.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3if46aq9 said:

Here were some of our reactions at the time: http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68466

It is pretty amazing how the fans got it right, even more so how confident we were and how that confidence carried over throughout the season.

Nice find.

Has there yet been a "predict the season" exercise at NFL.com for 2014?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2a8zc1nu said:

Here were some of our reactions at the time: http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68466

I miss BakerGirl where'd she go?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
It's definitely pretty crazy to have had the favorites all go wire-to-wire as we did. Sports talk radio was comparing the Seahawks and Broncos from week three or four of the season. Seemed a bit silly since the odds favor someone derailing that specific train at some point between then and the Super Bowl (even if by plurality it was always the likeliest one). Awesome that it worked out as it did though.