Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Remember "predict the season" this time last year?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Last summer, you might remember that NFL.com had fans vote on which teams they thought would make the playoffs (w/ seeding), then vote for how they thought the playoffs would play out.

It wasn't perfect (fans expected the Texans, Falcons, Bucs, Ravens and Redskins to make the playoffs, and for Seattle to be a WC team), but it's pretty interesting how the end of that prediction played out.

Broncos vs Patriots (fans predicted Denver win)

Seahawks vs 49ers (fans predicted Seattle win)

Seahawks vs Broncos (fans predicted Seattle win)

I guess you could say those were semi-obvious matchups and outcomes, but I bet it doesn't happen very often when fan expectation perfectly guesses the matchups in the last 3 games, and goes 3/3 on choosing the victors to boot.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Part of the magic that has been the past couple seasons. We are lucky how things turned out almost "according to script" in so many ways. Its like I mentioned in the rain city redemption thread, everything turned out in a way you couldn't have imagined if you tried a few seasons ago to guess.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• I had just found that year-old thread a few days ago.

Here were some of our reactions at the time: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68466

It is pretty amazing how the fans got it right, even more so how confident we were and how that confidence carried over throughout the season.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:I had just found that year-old thread a few days ago.

Here were some of our reactions at the time: http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68466

It is pretty amazing how the fans got it right, even more so how confident we were and how that confidence carried over throughout the season.

Nice find.

Has there yet been a "predict the season" exercise at NFL.com for 2014?
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:I had just found that year-old thread a few days ago.

Here were some of our reactions at the time: http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68466

I miss BakerGirl where'd she go?
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

• It's definitely pretty crazy to have had the favorites all go wire-to-wire as we did. Sports talk radio was comparing the Seahawks and Broncos from week three or four of the season. Seemed a bit silly since the odds favor someone derailing that specific train at some point between then and the Super Bowl (even if by plurality it was always the likeliest one). Awesome that it worked out as it did though.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information