Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I kinda miss the SOS

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: I kinda miss the SOS
Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm
  • I've been tracking this thread but refused to acknowledge it's existence. If it were Shacked you'd get my opinion. Was that too obvious?
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:36 pm
  • I look at it like your child growing up and becoming his own man or her own woman. We are connected forever by blood, but now new loves and important people are part of their lives. I cannot have them all to myself anymore, I have to learn to share because whether I like it or not, they have evolved.

I take pride in them but not everyone will know what they mean to me.

I see the new tact on the webz that other teams fans are now pulling on Seahawks fans. The how long have you been on the bandwagon line. Some may fear guilt by association but to me that is just loser talk. New or old, just enjoy the feeling. Until they start handing out fan cards with born on dates, just know you were there for the good times and the bad.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:52 pm
  • Doc nailed it. Just enjoy because it's rare to have a team win it all let alone a virtual USC but for real professional NFL level and mindset.

Trust me, the more I hear from the players that resigned the more I actually start believing my dream that we're the new classic Bradshaw Steelers and Montana 49er's (I personally and physically witnessed the latter it's indescribable to this day as an outsider except that it was beyond insane). Especially with Oakland right there.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:50 am
  • ak3000 wrote:I don't want to wear Seahawk gear around to feel like I'm just trending in. I want to wear Seahawk gear cause I'm a fan and I survived the long haul of the 90s.

So then do it. I dunno, your post doesn't really make much sense to me. You are the one who decides whether or not you are "just trending in."

You're the only person who knows how long you've been a fan, and you're the only person who cares.

Telling people how long you've been a fan just makes you sound like one of those annoying hipsters bragging about liking a band before everyone else. It's like... who cares? What, you want a gold star or something?

I've just never understood the consumerist fan philosophy, like there is some reward waiting for you at the end of it, or like it will validate your existence. There's no reward at the end, bro. You get to watch your team win a Superbowl and you get to celebrate that. Bang. That's the ONLY reward. So why spoil that for yourself by complaining that the party is getting larger? Nobody's coming around later to hand out report cards.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:08 am
  • drdiags wrote:I see the new tact on the webz that other teams fans are now pulling on Seahawks fans. The how long have you been on the bandwagon line. Some may fear guilt by association but to me that is just loser talk. New or old, just enjoy the feeling. Until they start handing out fan cards with born on dates, just know you were there for the good times and the bad.

It's the oldest tactic in the book. I've heard Red Sox fans say it to Yankees fans. I've heard Lakers fans say it to Clippers fans. Whenever a team is really good, that bandwagon line is the first one to get thrown out there. Some day, members of this forum will be using it against Cardinals fans. And it generally works.

I generally respond with something like, "I've been a fan since before the Hawks drafted Felix Hernandez and won the Cup. Talk about a great QB!" I make it just silly enough so they realize that I'm being sarcastic. But with a deadpan delivery and completely straight face. Some of the responses have been pretty funny.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 am
  • ak3000 wrote::les:

I spent last week in Seattle with my wife. It was amazing to see so many people walking around malls, streets, stores ect in Seahawk gear, constantly without fail. I realize the seahawks have become the local fad and the bandwagon is at maximum capacity... I remember few and far between seeing a Seahawk shirt/hat worn anywhere in the season let alone the middle of the off season. Remember half empty games I went to in the Kingdome of the 90s. I miss my lovable losers. Seeing all these "fans" I feel like the secret society of Seahawk fans has been compromised by their recent success. While it was fun to see them win the big one I feel cheated by not being able to share the victory with "true" long time fans.

People who don't know who Bob Spitulski and Orlando Watters are need not apply. Hell, I'll even take a Boone Stutz or Alex Bannister reference at this point.

Someone either shake some reason into me or feel my pain

/endwhine

C'mon...how many times over the years have the Hawks snatched defeat from the jaws of victory??? Just remember the agony of watching the team from 89-98...all those terrible years of not being relevant.losing to the Donkeys over and over again...the helmet TD...we want the ball because we're going to win....jobbed in the first SB we were in...shaun alexander going from boom to bust in one season....

We have endured *plenty* of pain already including the longest playoff drought of any team in NFL history. All the long time fans are here, buddy, just mopping these times up with an extra side of gravy.

I
    My Tapatalk for Ipad is bigger than yours. Size matters.
    MeanBlueGreen
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:58 am
  • MidwestHawker wrote:
    DirtyDave wrote:wasnt Bannister the reciever that made the blunder and allowed the game winning interception when Matt said " we want the ball and we are going to score".. I would not call that dude the greatest anything. he will be remembered as the biggest loser for running the wrong route..

You wouldn't call him great at special teams because he botched a route while not on special teams?

he will be remembered more for blowing that route than for his special teams play.. and i would not call him the greatest special teams player we have ever had.. so he made the pro bowl on special teams.. hooray! .. doesnt mean much in my book.. its voted by the fans not his peers..
    DirtyDave
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:58 am
  • He was a ridiculously good gunner for a number of seasons. It's debatable whether he's the very best, but if he's not the best he's right behind the best.

Obviously anything he did as a receiver is completely irrelevant to a specific assessment of his ST play.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:12 pm
  • Well Hell AK, how about this solution? Everyone wearing Hawk gear must immediately go back to wherever they bought it, provide a valid drivers license, proof of employment, certificate signing over their firstborn, and in effect break their bank account to purchase a new (pick one) hat, jersey, jacket, banner, etc.

You and you're post come off as jealous. :2: (close as i can get to a green eyed monster) You used to be one of the chosen few, now relegated to obscurity in the horde. DEAL WITH IT! This phenomenon is still picking up momentum.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information