5/19 UFA transactions

jake206

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 3m
Seahawks have signed DE Cassius Marsh and tryout TE Rashaun Allen and G Nate Isles. Released TE Travis Beckum, CB Jimmy LeGree.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
jake206":3ha0f5cd said:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 3m
Seahawks have signed DE Cassius Marsh and tryout TE Rashaun Allen and G Nate Isles. Released TE Travis Beckum, CB Jimmy LeGree.
Though not a duplicate, ... been "discussing" Rashaun Allen in another thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93000
Also, projected Rashaun Allen to the Hawks. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=92291&p=1346403#p1346403 He sure is making the most of his opportunity thus far. Cool that the Hawks had their eye on the same small school player I did.

Go Hawks!

godawg

Reaction score
Nate Isles is my new adopted rookie. Big as a house and athletic. :thirishdrinkers:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
godawg":1jjhjamr said:
Nate Isles is my new adopted rookie. Big as a house and athletic. :thirishdrinkers:

There's not much athleticism in a 6 second 40 and a 9 second 3-cone, but maybe a 21" vert is kinda impressive given his weight?

Good for them though, is that the last of the try out signings we can expect?

Coxal

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":25zhun3f said:
There is no way we let Jeffcoat walk away!!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Coxal":1p9hwszy said:
SomersetHawk":1p9hwszy said:
There is no way we let Jeffcoat walk away!!

Jeffcoat signed as an undrafted free agent, whereas Isles and Allen were guys that were only initially offered tryouts.

McGruff

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":w1ktusvc said:
godawg":w1ktusvc said:

There's not much athleticism in a 6 second 40 and a 9 second 3-cone, but maybe a 21" vert is kinda impressive given his weight?

No way. Pete and John will keep churning the bottom of this roster through the week of the Superbowl. We'll likely see 30 of these guys cycle through the offseason 90 and the PS through the season.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1nxapb8l said:
godawg":1nxapb8l said:
It could be, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there's some more that happen today or tomorrow. There's a TON of film to watch and evaluate with 3 days worth of practices for 59 guys, which certainly can't all be done in one day. I think we could still see a couple of the tryout players on the defensive side of the ball get signed, such as Markus Smith, John Ojo and/or one of the D-linemen.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2wzzvw2o said:
SomersetHawk":2wzzvw2o said:
godawg":2wzzvw2o said:
It could be, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there's some more that happen today or tomorrow. There's a TON of film to watch and evaluate with 3 days worth of practices for 59 guys, which certainly can't all be done in one day. I think we could still see a couple of the tryout players on the defensive side of the ball get signed, such as Markus Smith, John Ojo and/or one of the D-linemen.
I would guess that the process of Rookie minicamp is far more important than the footage gathered filming mostly rookies with brand new playbooks they barely understand. In fact, I would guess that Pete has his mind made up already about any prospects at camp just from being around them on the field and meeting with the position coaches who coached them.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3onuxn0u said:
NorthDallas40oz":3onuxn0u said:
SomersetHawk":3onuxn0u said:
godawg":3onuxn0u said:
I would guess that the process of Rookie minicamp is far more important than the footage gathered filming mostly rookies with brand new playbooks they barely understand. In fact, I would guess that Pete has his mind made up already about any prospects at camp just from being around them on the field and meeting with the position coaches who coached them.
And I would guess that they still have a lot more tape to review.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
We've tried two different legrees in the secondary with no results to show for it.

In 25 years another will come along and make the team