Anyone following the Adham Talaat story?

Jville

Reaction score
Img24250361
Talaat, who once was as heavy as 312 pounds, dropped weight to increase agility this season. Goldstein said the big lineman has clocked a 4.85-second 40, but he consistently runs between a 4.9 and a 5.0. He's also benched-pressed 225 pounds 27 times. "The thing the scouts really like about him is he's so long," said Goldstein. "He's a technician and he's playing with better pad-level this year and he has a motor that doesn't stop."
"Gallaudet's Talaat hopeful storybook journey leads him to NFL" >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24250340/gallaudets-taalat-hopeful-storybook-journey-leads-him-to-nfl[/urltargetblank]

Tryout DL Adham Talaat, out of Division III Gallaudet University for the deaf, also had some strong moments throughout the weekend.

Read more: http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/articles/ ... z327BdZb3Z

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The comments are disappointing to say the least...

Great story though, thanks for posting it

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2cn7s2s9 said:
The comments are disappointing to say the least...

Great story though, thanks for posting it

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I found it to be an inspirational story that speaks to the type of individual the Seahawks strive to bring to Seattle.

Talaat sparks a D that is ranked No. 12 in the nation in total defense. He's also thriving in the classroom with a 3.9 GPA and been honored as Academic All-District. He says he owes so much in his life football. It is a game that seemingly has meant almost everything to him.

"When I went through rocky situations when I was growing up, football was there for me," he said. "When my father was assigned to work out of the country, football was there for me. When I go through any frustrating times, football is there for me. It is like a trusted friend that I can lean on when the going gets tough.

"I cannot imagine what I would be like if I had never played."

His efforts have been a revelation to the Gallaudet program. He's often played both ways, and in the final game of the 2012 season, he played 122 snaps, doubling up at offensive guard and as a 5-technique on the D-line.

IMO .... a remarkable young man.