SpeculatIon time on fullback

Cartire

Reaction score
There's no way we keep all three (could there be? I would be mad if we did that again.)

Which fullback is cut this season?

I'm going with ware.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Ware is a more natural RB IMO and has flashed potential there. I think he competes at that spot, so yes, I could envision a scenario where all three made the team. Of the three, I'd still say Small has the longest odds, but that could change quick.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud, maybe Ware gets moved to RB, Michael takes over the 2nd RB spot and Turbo gets traded? :242735:

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I honestly think Turbo could be odd man out. Kiero still has to make the roster though. No guarantees.

I'm not 100% sure Lynch will be here beyond this year.

Looking at it right now ....

RB
Beast Mode
Christine Michael
Robert Turbin
Spencer Ware

FB
Derrick Coleman
Kiero Small

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
From watching Small's tape, it looks like he'll be a great replacement for Mike Rob, especially as he develops. I really like his vision. You can see at times that he sees a player coming in from the backside that is behind and to the side of him and he'll turn and engage when most running backs won't even see that person coming in.

chris98251

Reaction score
The biggest isse we had last year early was Lynch trusting Coleman to make his block or be on the same page with Lynch, that cohesiveness and trust was so evident when Mike Rob came back, also the way Mike Rob was covering Lynch during the interview process at the Super Bowl showed there was a lot there beyond the field. Until camp and we can see what Ware comes in at weight wise it's hard to tell if he is RB or FB, he was smallish for a FB last pre season.

Smalls numbers are that far off Lorenzo Neals numbers Height: 5 ft 11 in Weight: 255 lb .

Smalls is much bigger weight wise then Robert Newhouse is or was,Height: 5 ft 10 in Weight: 209 lb, the era may be different but still smaller has done well at the FB position.

themunn

Reaction score
chris98251":1h3ybik5 said:
The biggest isse we had last year early was Lynch trusting Coleman to make his block or be on the same page with Lynch, that cohesiveness and trust was so evident when Mike Rob came back, also the way Mike Rob was covering Lynch during the interview process at the Super Bowl showed there was a lot there beyond the field. Until camp and we can see what Ware comes in at weight wise it's hard to tell if he is RB or FB, he was smallish for a FB last pre season.

Smalls numbers are that far off Lorenzo Neals numbers Height: 5 ft 11 in Weight: 255 lb .

Smalls is much bigger weight wise then Robert Newhouse is or was,Height: 5 ft 10 in Weight: 209 lb, the era may be different but still smaller has done well at the FB position.

He is basically Mike Tolbert
Tolbert - 5'10 245lbs
Small - 5'9 247lbs

So smaller but stockier. He automatically becomes the most natural fullback on the roster IMO - although it's not a far stretch to say, given he actually played FB in college