Off season pulse

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have been a self described draftnik since about 1981. I have also been heavily invested in free agency. One could say that much of my emotional state during the offseason revolved around Seahawk transactions and draft picks. The weird thing is that this offseason, I am pretty much meh about the whole thing.

I think that every other offseason was spent with aspirations about building the team. How will player A fit with the scheme? Is player B gonna be able to upgrade his position? Will the loss of player C have a profound impact on the chemistry of the team. Since 1981, but really for 38 years my psyche has been invovled in these types of thoughts. Day and night. When I had trouble sleeping I would mentally go through the roster and starting lineups.

This year, I am basking in the profoundness that comes with being Super Bowl Champions! That thought never loses its luster. I am excited for the draft tomorrow, but not like previous years. The prevailing thought in my head in previous years was, will player X be the one to put us over the top. We are at the top. I plan on enjoying them for awhile.

Is anyone else less obsessed? More in the moment? Less living for the promise of the future? This is unchartered territory for me and my mind. I like it! Being a fan of the Champs is way better than I imagined. :0190l:

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
Less for me also, but still plan on watching the draft. I think the reason I'm not as excite is because we only have 6 picks and the last pick in each round at that.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
After finally winning it all, I feel like the guy in bed smoking the proverbial cigarette. Still enjoying the after glow.

suppaball

Reaction score
Aros":2hbq1kds said:
After finally winning it all, I feel like the guy in bed smoking the proverbial cigarette. Still enjoying the after glow.
I second this

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seahawks fans this off-season:

giphy.gif

Fans of every other NFL team this off-season:

G9GFh2k

nepahawk

Reaction score
I feel the same way.
I think it comes with the complete trust, I now have in PC, JS and company?
I will definitely watch the draft and will not question who they choose. They earned that trust!

danp1990

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":b61p6t97 said:
I

This year, I am basking in the profoundness that comes with being Super Bowl Champions! That thought never loses its luster. I am excited for the draft tomorrow, but not like previous years. The prevailing thought in my head in previous years was, will player X be the one to put us over the top. We are at the top. I plan on enjoying them for awhile.

Is anyone else less obsessed? More in the moment? Less living for the promise of the future? This is unchartered territory for me and my mind. I like it! Being a fan of the Champs is way better than I imagined. :0190l:

im kinda with you but for a lot less time, Me it was 2002 when i become an Avid Seahawks fan and understanding the game. but this is the draft that by far im already calling ''The Draft of all Drafts''! maybe im insane i dunno!LOL :D but im not eating any of that stupid media hype! ohh the hawks are the next dynasty!,blah, blah, blah.....but i knew last year was our year from how we built our team all 3 phases and then the depth,the coaches, everything! and after our Super Bowl win and looking at the players we retained and this draft im definitely thinking Dynasty...we have a tough schedule yea but the only team i see even coming close is the 49ers and their just imploding.so i will be wearing all out hawks gear tomorrow hoping we get the monster at 32 if he still there! if not i hope for a trade out of round one to aquire multiple picks and get that Depth again.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
If you haven't yet, you should read petes book as there is a ton of info about what they look for and some player evaluation tidbits.
It will calm your nerves and you'll understand that what they built here is no fluke :179417:

Hawks46

Reaction score
I gotta say, the OP nailed my thoughts exactly. I was going to create a thread like this two days ago but got busy at work.

I'm not sure if my draft fascination was all about who the Hawks picked that could advance us to the playoffs or beyond, or just overall strengthening of the roster, but now that we won it, it's like "who's the next depth guy to fight for a roster spot?"
I mean, I am curious about what we're going to do at RT but even RW tones that down as he's shown he doesn't need elite tackles to operate at a fairly high level. You worry about the OL a ton more when your running back can't create his own yards like Lynch can, or you're pass protecting Peyton Manning.

Or, it could be that we've got such a young and deep squad that is insanely talented. I was fairly "meh" last year as well, but even then I was wondering if any rookies would put us over the top.

either way it's unlikely that most of our draft picks stick to the squad unless they evict draft picks from a mostly lackluster draft crew from last year (don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see what Michael, Willson and Simon will do).