2014 NFL Draft - Different this Year

cgfcgf

Reaction score
In the past the draft has meant different things...Hope...Optimism...and insight on whether management and the coaching staff felt the same way I (or we) did about what needed to be corrected or addressed.

This year...I'm not as into it. Don't get me wrong. I'll still watch or keep up on most of it and I'm still listening to NFL radio and ESPN radio on my way to work but not with the anticipation (or almost desperation) of years past. It's just not needed this year to me as much as part of the bridge between the end and start of the season.

In fact this year for the first time I actually thought of (in a weird way) going to the draft (it's about 2 hours from where we live).

Side Note - ...and in a draft kind of side note...for my brother's (Redskins fan) ringtone (in a good natured way) I am going to make it Marine Sergeant Luke Boyd's audio rendition of "...and with the 75th pick in the 2012 draft the Seattle Seahawks select Russell Wilson / Quarterback / Wisconsin..."

XLVIII

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
cgfcgf":1qvyp389 said:
In the past the draft has meant different things...Hope...Optimism...and insight on whether management and the coaching staff felt the same way I (or we) did about what needed to be corrected or addressed.

This year...I'm not as into it. Don't get me wrong. I'll still watch or keep up on most of it and I'm still listening to NFL radio and ESPN radio on my way to work but not with the anticipation (or almost desperation) of years past. It's just not needed this year to me as much as part of the bridge between the end and start of the season.

In fact this year for the first time I actually thought of (in a weird way) going to the draft (it's about 2 hours from where we live).

Side Note - ...and in a draft kind of side note...for my brother's (Redskins fan) ringtone (in a good natured way) I am going to make it Marine Sergeant Luke Boyd's audio rendition of "...and with the 75th pick in the 2012 draft the Seattle Seahawks select Russell Wilson / Quarterback / Wisconsin..."

XLVIII

Couple things ...

1. We don't have as many picks as years past

2. It's very unlikely that anyone drafted becomes a day one starter or impact player. The only exception may be on the O-Line.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
This draft is important to me because I want us to have a dynasty that lasts for 6-8 years. I figure our dynasty began two years ago. So guys getting drafted now will be an integral part of any dynasty that last for 4-6 more years. These are the guys being added to play around Russell Wilson for the rest of his career.

This is a very important draft for the future of the Hawks and I'm very interested in who we take. You can bet J&P are taking each pick very seriously. Will we find the next Walter Jones? The next Hutch? The next Galloway? Or, to be more realistic, the next Tate or KJ?