Seahawks sign CB AJ Jefferson

DJrmb

Reaction score
The Seahawks have brought up another prospect from their farm team (the Minnesota Vikings).

Jefferson is an interesting talent from an athleticism stand point. He is 6'1" 193, ran in the low 4.4's and has a 44" Vertical. Likely just camp fodder but if he can make the team on depth I think he could be a + ST player...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6070/aj-jefferson

chris98251

Reaction score
Speed and size, maybe Punt Returner, does he have any history?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I love how the FO and coaching staff set up these camp battles.

We lose a couple of guys, our starters are all entrenched, and they keep signing guys to fight with eachother over roster spots.

Simon has a lot to prove at this point.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Not bad, has the size they like in the CB position. Interesting to see how he does for us. Could see him making the final 53 for sure.

danp1990

Reaction score
I really thought we would draft a couple of CB's in the Draft but looking at it more and more. I just see don't see us drafting one now, IF THAT!, Maybe one Safety Pick to compete for the back-up role's of either Kam or Thomas now being filled by '' Jeron Johnson, DeShawn Shead, Terrance Parks.'' I love what this FO has done to fill the void left by Thurmond III , and Browner. Great Depth already and the Damn Draft hasn't even Started. GO HAWKS!!!

CB"S
4)Tharold Simon
5)Chandler Fenner
6)Phillip Adams
7)A.J Jefferson
8 }Akeem Auguste

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
With Earl Thomas, Kam Chanchellor, the bulk of the DLine, speed of the LBers, and the top-notch coaching of Carroll, Quinn, Richard, Manuel, plus Rocky Seto... anyone could become a Pro Bowl corner opposite the best cornerback in the NFL, Richard Sherman... if they put in the hard work to do so... ANYONE.

OrFan

Reaction score
OMG horrible, just terrible, just like the thousands of other Viking players we have signed that have ALL failed except Burleson. Why can't 12's see this? :sarcasm_off:

Ya never know with a guy like this. With the right coaching his size and speed may pay off. I love the way our team brings in so many, they do pay off sometimes.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Signed for the Vet. Minimum - @bcondotta says both Obrien Schofield and AJ Jefferson signed for the vet min (I believe both 5th yr players) $730,000

AJ Jefferson, CB, Fresno State -- 6001/193 lbs/4.42s 40/4.00s SS/6.72s 3C/10'6" broad/44" vert -- 135 pSPARQ.

135 pSPARQ ranks third among all CBs from both the 2013 and 2014 draft classes. Behind only Jason Verrett and B.W. Webb.

Jefferson had 59 tackles in 2011, that year he played in 16 games, started 7, had 1 pick and 11 Passes Defensed

Jefferson had 356 yards in KO returns in 2011, returned both KO and punts in college

CBstats

Link to CB Sparq article - http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft/2014/5/3/5678150/aj-jefferson-seahawks-sparq-player-profile

danp1990

Reaction score
HawkStar22":5ps9wcyo said:
your shirt is interesting :shock: :3: :snack:

As far as what you mentioned on A.J Jefferson not working out because of his previous teams affiliation ''I highly disagree with you''. what player from the vikings defensive side of the ball that came to Seattle has failed? and no Brian Russell doenst count since that was not the same seahawks of today. Since JS/PC took over how many Vikings are now on the Team 4? offense-Percy,Rice,T.Jack. defense-A.J Jefferson. I highly Doubt you know more than JS/PC if their still on the team since last year i think their there for a reason.What other QB other than T.Jack would you want to back-up RW ? , Percy Brings an added dimension to our offense which Defense's have to account for just look at the ''SUPER BOWL'', and Before Sidney Rice left due to injury it was obvious our offense was more potent .It Kept Defense's Honest unlike the last 5-6 games in which they brought more blitz'es knowing we didn't have a viable deep threat....Getting back on point A.J Jefferson is probably here to compete for the Nickel CB Spot left Vacated by the departure of Thurmond III. This is all about Depth! giving Jeremy Lane,Tharold Simon,& Phillip Adams a run for their Money in The Nickel or for the Special Teams Gunner Position. Again this is About Depth and Competition like always since the JS/PC arrived. If you can recall we did loose Browner & Thurmond III and we only have 6 Draft Picks in which they have to address the OL,WR,Safety for Depth in case of injury to Kam or Thomas,and DL.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I was joking. Looking at his numbers it looks like he has good upside and he can return kicks. So try him out he may surprise.