Seahawks may be featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks"

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It’s not TV, it’s HBO. And this summer, it might be the Seattle Seahawks in prime time, according to ESPN’s John Clayton. In an appearance on 710 AM’s “Wyman, Mike and Moore” on Wednesday, Clayton reported that the Seahawks are one of eight teams who could be featured on this year’s version of HBO’s “Hard Knocks.”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014 ... rd-knocks/

Carroll has always allowed the media unprecedented access to his program. He was championed/pilloried while at SC for allowing fans and reporters access to every practice, and now he strives to give the media unprecedented access to the Seahawks. It's all part of his mantra of always competing and seizing the opportunity to play with the target on their backs.

From HBO's perspective, I don't think any team would attract more attention than the defending Super Bowl champions, its popular coach, and its host of colorful personalties. Unfortunately, neither the Seahawks nor HBO gets to decide. Roger Goodell makes the final decision.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Pete's turned them down how many times? and I don't think it'll be any different.

Unless the NFL forces teams to start doing it like they talked about doing last year when no one wanted to be on the show.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Yes please.

We won't do it, but god I would love it.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Last time this came up, they were a 7-9 team still rising from the ashes. Now they've got that target on their backs.

ASuperForce

Reaction score
Except they do get to decide, since they're exempt from being forced to do it by virtue of being a playoff team. The only way it's happening is if they want it to.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
From what I understand, we are not going to be considered (or we are eligible to not be considered) because we were in the playoffs this year.

I also read somewhere that the list has already been narrowed down to three teams, and the Seahawks are not on that list.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3v41fs9v said:
From what I understand, we are not going to be considered (or we are eligible to not be considered) because we were in the playoffs this year.

I also read somewhere that the list has already been narrowed down to three teams, and the Seahawks are not on that list.

NFL denies "Hard Knocks" field has been cut to three teams:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ree-teams/

BlueTalon

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1gmrd856 said:
BlueTalon":1gmrd856 said:

NFL denies "Hard Knocks" field has been cut to three teams:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ree-teams/
Thanks, didn't know that when I posted.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Pete and John have turned them down before. I don't see that changing since Seattle can refuse to be on Hard Knocks as part of the exemption rule: "Teams that have made the playoffs in either of the last two years."

KK84

Reaction score
Not worried about this at all. Pete and John have the option to turn them down if they are selected, and if they don't turn it down, it means they feel comfortable knowing that it wouldn't cause a distraction to the team. The only concern i would ever have with Hard Knocks is if it were forced on us against Pete and John's wishes. All we gotta do is keep making the playoffs at least every other year, and it's a non issue, providing Dictator Goodell doesn't change the rule.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":zuja93e1 said:
It’s not TV, it’s HBO. And this summer, it might be the Seattle Seahawks in prime time, according to ESPN’s John Clayton. In an appearance on 710 AM’s “Wyman, Mike and Moore” on Wednesday, Clayton reported that the Seahawks are one of eight teams who could be featured on this year’s version of HBO’s “Hard Knocks.”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014 ... rd-knocks/

Carroll has always allowed the media unprecedented access to his program.

You know, except for the last two years when they declined the invitation to do Hard Knocks. If they felt the need to decline in order to maintain focus for a SB run, what makes you think they won't do that again? After all, I'm pretty sure they're planning on making the SB again.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
What that doesn't say is that the Hawks were one of eight finalists, but is not likely one of the three teams actually being considered. That was basically the next sentence in the interview. I listened to it yesterday. Gotta love print media.

theascension

Reaction score
No thanks.. remember that Houston Miami game in 2012 where JJ Watt went insane before the half? He said he got the snap count from watching Hard Knocks.

Cartire

Reaction score
Lol at you guys who don't want it because of the possible distraction. This game is still entertainment. Not trying to find the cure for cancer. The hawks on hard knocks would be amazing. It would be the real rob report with better production and more coaches. It would be epic.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":207y402r said:
Lol at you guys who don't want it because of the possible distraction. This game is still entertainment. Not trying to find the cure for cancer. The hawks on hard knocks would be amazing. It would be the real rob report with better production and more coaches. It would be epic.

You just kind of showed exactly why it won't be something Pete will do while he's here if he has the option not to.

When Robinson re-signed mid-season, the Real Rob Report didn't come back with him. Why didn't he start that back up? He said it was because him and Pete discussed it and thought it was too much of a distraction.

Now if Pete believes one player with a camera is too much of a distraction what are the chances that he doesn't feel the same way about an entire film crew?

No, as much fun as this would be for Seahawks fans to watch, it isn't happening under Pete's watch, at least not voluntarily.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":26x22uiw said:
+1

Make it happen, Pete!

253hawk

Reaction score
Cartire":57z4aiv6 said:
Lol at you guys who don't want it because of the possible distraction.

I don't want it out of sheer principle. The NFL doesn't want us on TV at home for prime time games, but it wants to give Hard Knocks exclusive access so they can profit from that angle. Eff that noise.

chrispy

Reaction score
It would definitely be difficult, but it would also be pretty cool to see the things we just hear about:
ET mentoring the 4th round DB
Russ in the film room/weight room
Sherm and his new dance moves after a pick
Late round rookies that step up- Bailey and Bowie
Cable and his next OL project

I think the Seahawks should hire Mike Rob to be the HardKnocks consultant. (Or actually, HBO should hire him regardless of what team does HardKnocks.) He should have the ability to edit out any material that he thinks could be detrimental to the team. PC/JS could lay out some ground rules ahead of the filming and he could enforce those ground rules. Both HBO and the team would respect his authority. It'd give him some good experience too. The team trusts him to keep their best interests as the highest priority.

If the Hawks were on HardKnocks, I might have to start paying for TV....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The selfish side of me would LOVE this to happen, as the Hawks are not only my team but they'd be an extremely interesting team to see practice and see the inner workings of how they operate.

But yeah, playoff team = not happening unless Pete and John want it to.