Preseason schedule released

Cartire

Reaction score
Hmmm, I wonder who we might play for the last game.... :roll:

I would be ecstatic if we could stop playing them ever single year. I love the old rivalries. But this isn't the 1900's anymore and I'm tired of playing such a scrub team, even if it is only preseason.

UPDATE:
Storts":3awz8srl said:
@ Denver
San Diego
Chicago
@ Oakland

....yay.... Oakland for our last game again. And the stupid streak continues.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":3ado3rcp said:

I would be ecstatic if we could stop playing them ever single year. I love the old rivalries. But this isn't the 1900's anymore and I'm tired of playing such a scrub team, even if it is only preseason.

It's entirely possible they may change it up a bit since we are playing the AFC West.

Personally, I like playing our old rivals in the preseason. It means a little less travel time for us, and it allows for a little fun ribbing with people I used to have much more interaction with when we were actually in the same division.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
kidhawk":26duisd0 said:
Cartire":26duisd0 said:

It's entirely possible they may change it up a bit since we are playing the AFC West.

Personally, I like playing our old rivals in the preseason. It means a little less travel time for us, and it allows for a little fun ribbing with people I used to have much more interaction with when we were actually in the same division.

We still played the chargers and raiders 4 years ago when we played the AFC west.

We've played the raiders the last game of preseason since 2005. Time for a change of pace, if only just cause.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The last time the Seahawks played the AFC West, they only had 1 preseason game against that division (The Raiders to close it out)

Suspect the same thing will happen this go around.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1p774ob6 said:
kidhawk":1p774ob6 said:
Cartire":1p774ob6 said:

We still played the chargers and raiders 4 years ago when we played the AFC west.

We've played the raiders the last game of preseason since 2005. Time for a change of pace, if only just cause.

I'm not saying they won't play the West again for a few games per the norm, just that if they were ever to move away from it, this would be the time for it. Like I said in my previous post, I think that playing teams from the west helps cut down on our travel

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
kidhawk":1vmbwf83 said:
Like I said in my previous post, I think that playing teams from the west helps cut down on our travel
Who cares if they have to fly for another hour or two.

Better yet... let's pound their ass twice... how's that!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":35jh3n8e said:
kidhawk":35jh3n8e said:
Like I said in my previous post, I think that playing teams from the west helps cut down on our travel
Who cares if they have to fly for another hour or two.

Better yet... let's pound their ass twice... how's that!!

I don't see anything beneficial about traveling more in the pre season when we are already one of the top traveling teams year in and year out. Pre season games are only glorified scrimmages. There's really no reason why teams should press their travel for these games more than they have to.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Storts":pphftjyo said:
@ Denver
San Diego
Chicago
@ Oakland

Seahawks Link
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/teams/seattleseahawks/profile?team=SEA[/urltargetblank]

All Teams Link
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000340294/article/2014-nfl-preseason-schedule[/urltargetblank]

I wonder if opening at Denver means we won't be playing Denver to open the season?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3q66qx81 said:
Odds Denver plays their starters for 60 minutes game one of the preseason?

same odds that they play zero minutes do to lack of desire :lol:

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Finally home Week 3 and Away Week 4. Hated Week 4 preseason at home last few years.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfish":10j10yqu said:
Finally home Week 3 and Away Week 4. Hated Week 4 preseason at home last few years.

Usually our first game is that Sunday in September and every year the Mariners seem to be playing at home that weekend so the Seahawks play on the road. With our home opener on Thursday this year, that allows us to have the final game as an away game and not have back to back away games going from pre-season to regular season

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how much that Denver defense has changed with all their new additions-- Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward, DeMarcus Ware, and a healthy Von Miller. On paper, that's a formidable front five with Miller, Ware, Williams, Knighton, and Jackson. The Seahawks' new offensive line should get a good early test from that Denver defensive front.

Boiler

Reaction score
This is terrific news for those of us who live in the Denver area! I'm sure the local Seahawkers club will be getting a group together for the game.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
I mean honestly. We play the AFC west this year. Is it really nessacary to play them during preseason as well? I would actually like to know the real reason we play them year after year after year.

Latest posts