Update on Les "The Radish" after heart surgery

RockHawk

Reaction score
Hey everyone, quick update - Hawkstorian & I both visited with Les and his wife for a while tonight, and he's doing well. Darlene (his wife) is incredibly strong and positive, and I was so glad to see both of them smiling. They both send their sincere thanks for everyone's love, prayers, and thoughts. It truly touched their hearts.

As for the merch, they were blown away by my "bag-o-swag" I presented to them on behalf of everyone here on .NET. Included was a SuperBowl champs T-shirt, A quilt throw blanket, a hardcover SB48 champs book, and the one that left them both speechless, a full size NFL regulation football signed by none other than Russell Wilson. When he saw it, I saw a bit of a tear well up in Les' eyes. Darlene was so happy, she started showing it to every nurse and attending that happened by.

Good job folks, the love and the donations to get them these items have shown them just how much we appreciate them and I couldn't be prouder to represent us all. It's why I love this community.

Go Hawks!

drdiags

Reaction score
Good stuff Mark.

I snoozed on making a contribution for this. Is Sunday night still the deadline for donating to Les or was that tonight through the site's donate button?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Get well Radish! Glad to hear things are lookin' up. Sure would've loved to have seen the reaction. :)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Beats the hell out of flowers! Glad to hear he's doing well.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Thank you to those who donated to get those gifts to Les. From those of us that are strapped for cash. Respect. :th2thumbs:

Hurry up and get well Les!

Throwdown

Reaction score
That's awesome, smiled hearing about him and his wife's reaction to the signed football.

grizbob

Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen :D

But seriously, thanks for starting my Sunday with this news :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Thanks for rounding all that up and organizing it and then running out there. So glad to hear everything going well for both Les and Darlene. Can't wait to talk to Les and see how he is, figured he is the most popular patient at the Hospital and his nurses are running interference so he can get some rest.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
After getting all that Swag I told Mark and Less I wanted to have heart surgery so I could get all that cool stuff!

White Devil

Reaction score
That's awesome!

I'm so jealous I think I'm going to start doubling up on the red meat and bacon!

I kid, I kid.

Great job .Net community! Get well Mr. Radish! :141847_bnono:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
You guys are the greatest and I'm glad Les is recovering and glad he has such good friends as you. Wish I could have kicked in, but I'm in single dad, underemployed mode.

Latest posts