Russell Wilson is in the nfl.com "Best QB Ever" Bracket

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
I think a Donkey's fan at NFL.com must have thought that one up.

"Oh yeah? Well we still have the best quarterback. Sniff."

Kaiser

Reaction score
he beat manningface the younger for the 7 seed, good enough for me.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Hey, I'm just jacked that he's mentioned in that small group of legends. Yeah, he'll be bumped soon, for now, but just to be mentioned with that elite group is frickin' awesome! I think we need to wait roughly 3-7 more years (hopefully) for him to be a "duh" top seed in that company. And if that happens, we need to put the "too-short" thing to bed. With intelligence, drive, speed and evasiveness, one can overcome a couple inches in height to be one of the best to ever play the position.

Cartire

Reaction score
He'll be out round 1. And I won't disagree. But I would have liked to see him go against Rivers in round 1 just to see the outcome. I wouldn't have been surprised by either result.

Veilside

Reaction score
Wow awesome that he's mentioned with that crowd already. You know there is a lot of pissed 49ers and Colts fans though lol. You know the majority of people out there are just assumed he's there because he just won the Superbowl. That will change soon enough.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1sdv75x7 said:
Are people aware that Terry Bradshaw was literally sh/t!?
BUT HE HAZ FOR RINGS

(Based on the DeSean Jackson thread, Hans would trade for Bradshaw over Wilson in a heartbeat.)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
BlueBlood":c34h361d said:
Are people aware that Terry Bradshaw was literally sh/t!?
I was SOOOOOOOOO happy when he wasn't at the Super Bowl doing any introductions or congratulations.

Escamillo

Reaction score
I see Bob Griese in the bracket. And I know he's in the Hall of Fame, but was he all really all that great? I ask because I read his Super Bowl stats a few days ago:

Super Bowl VI:
Griese went 12 for 23 for 134 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT in a 24-3 loss to Dallas.
Miami had 20 rushes and 23 passes.

Super Bowl VII:
Griese went 8 for 11 for 88 yards, 1 TD, I INT in a 14-7 win over Washington.
Miami had 37 rushes and only 11 passes.

Super Bowl VIII:
Griese went 6 for 7 for 73 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT in a 24-7 win over Minnesota.
Miami had 53 rushing attempts and just 7 passing attempts.

So he was mediocre at best in his loss, and his two wins absolutely scream "GAME MANAGER". I mean, 6 for 7? 8 for 11? lol
Now, Griese was before my time, but for those of you here who are old enough to remember, was he really all that great? Or was he a game manager?

themunn

Reaction score
Well the common denominator between all of those QBs is that they've all won a superbowl... plus Rivers!?

They can hardly run a bracket with 6 superbowl winners plus 2 non-superbowl winners and leave Wilson out, I think had we lost the SB they wouldn't have included him (even though he's definitely one of the 5 best QBs playing right now).

Shame he has to go up against Manning in the first round, but if we have this same competition in 10 years time it'll be a different story.

randomation

Reaction score
I absolutely love Russ but he is in the 6-8 set at the moment he hasn't cracked the top 5 yet I think he will very very soon but he hasn't yet.