Hawks fan received gift of lifetime before heart gave out.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Eatonville man, 38, attended parade for Super Bowl winners, then died two days later

vxrM0.AuSt.5.JPG

Two of the best moments in Adam Norton’s life happened the week the Seattle Seahawks made history.

For a lifelong fan, nothing could top Super Bowl XLVIII. The Eatonville resident watched the clock wind down with tears in his eyes as the Hawks won their first NFL championship in franchise history.

Three days later on Feb. 5 at the victory parade in Seattle, Tracey Norton said her husband was “giddy” as the Vince Lombardi Trophy glided past his family at the corner of Fourth Avenue and Cherry Street.

Then, just two days later, Adam Norton’s heart unexpectedly stopped beating. He was 38 years old, living with a congenital heart defect that appeared to be under control.

“It was just a normal day,” Tracey Norton said. “I felt like I left my body and I haven’t come back into it yet.”

More than a month after Adam’s death, his 12th Man flag still flies outside the family home, where Tracey is raising the couple’s three sons — Cannen, 10; Baley, 13; and Hunter, 15.

The Nortons, gathered around their table last weekend in their Seahawks gear, shuffled through Adam’s memorabilia spread out next to picture collages of the “goofball” husband and father.

The family is adjusting to what Tracey calls “a new normal,” but they continue to live the way Adam did — full of joy, and dressed in blue and green.

“He loved the Seahawks as much as he loved all of us,” she said.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/03/1 ... rylink=cpy

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Who's cutting onions this early in the damn morning?

Man sounds like he was ready to go. I'm glad he got to experience a SB victory. It truly was once in a lifetime

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Hits home because I'm 38 and it can happen at any time...horrible.

Reaction score
I sincerely hope a player sees this and will reach out,and invite them to a game as their guest.
It could happen to anyone of us, life is unpredictable.Godspeed to his family,and may his family be blessed with health, happiness,and love!

drdiags

Reaction score
Tragic but uplifting at the same time. Best wishes for the young family, they have my condolences. I guess Hunter will have to keep his brothers in line, helping his mom deal with the change. Thanks for sharing.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Everything happens for a reason and I'll be damned if he wasn't meant to see us win that Super Bowl and attend the parade before it was his time to go Home. God bless him and his family!

Rocket

Reaction score
Please, no use of the words "Norton" and "pass away" for a while, ok?
First Hawkstorians title, then this.
Geez...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I lost a classmate from High School on the Monday after the win. I know what they are feeling.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
When the Seahawks won this year I literally felt as though I could die now. A father of three kids myself, I realize that was just a moment of euphoria and couldnt imagine leaving my children and family behind. He may have even had a similar thought as many of us did, obviously in jest.

Myself, after years of playing sports and living hard I found myself with dilated cardiomyopathy and face a similar possibility as this man. While his heart had been put through the riggers as a child, mine was healthy and has only deteriorated as time has gone on. I feel like myself and this guy are pretty similar except im 36 and still alive.

Seemed like an awesome guy with some darn good looking kids that appear well adjusted. Good job man, good guys die young and you should be proud.. Very proud!

12s UP!

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
I lost my dad unexpectedly the Sunday before the superbowl. He was not a Seahawks fan but him passing put into perspective that you need to do the things you love. I promptly purchased superbowl tickets and followed up the worst week of my life with the best day ever. I think my dad may have had something to do with that first play of the game....

The Radish

Reaction score
I now realize how fragile time really is. This description doesn't miss me by much except age. Guess we all need to remember to see everything we can every day.

:les:

Latest posts