If not Allen, I think the team should look to Shaun Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Shaun Phillips got 10 sacks last year, was playing OLB before they had him take over Von Miller's 3rd down role, plus tons of experience as a 3-4 pass rushing Line Backer.

And perfect LE0 size, 6-3, 255.

And likely he could be signed to half the expense we would or would have spend/spent on Allen.

If the Seahawks start: Bennett/Avril, McDaniel, Mebane, Scruggs/Bennett

Their pass-rush package could be:

Phillips, Hill(presumably),Bennett, Avril

RussWils3

Reaction score
We are close on Allen. No reason to think we will need a contingency plan! I have had a gut feeling all along that we would sign the guy.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Anthony!":i21p0n2f said:
Or if Allen says no how about we improve the offense a little.

Or we could hijack a random topic because you're so butt hurt on losing Tate and Giacomini and need to voice you insecurities with failing to realize Seahawks already have options with talent existing on the roster without drafting a single player that could also help. Hmm?

drrew

Reaction score
Having seen Shaun Phillips' girlfriend (Vancouver BC native Natalie Halcro), as long as she'd be spending more time in town, I'm all for this move.

dunceface

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3o2zvlvn said:
Anthony!":3o2zvlvn said:

Or we could hijack a random topic because you're so butt hurt on losing Tate and Giacomini and need to voice you insecurities with failing to realize Seahawks already have options with talent existing on the roster without drafting a single player that could also help. Hmm?

This.

And back on topic: I think this is a good idea IF we are set on getting someone for that role in FA...if Allen was viewed as a special talent but no one else really motivated us to spend money over developing guys already on our squad, I'm fine with that too

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2o7re1i1 said:
Anthony!":2o7re1i1 said:

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

jblaze

Reaction score
Allen will sign this weekend. I'm sure JS has a backup plan if he doesn't but he is not moving on it even though Allen is taking a long time to decide so I think that bodes well for us.

I don't know how it's possible but I think our pass rush will be better this upcoming season.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2gg7bytj said:
Anthony!":2gg7bytj said:

dude I could careless about either of them if they were here I would still say we need to improve the o-line and offense in general, so get off your soap box.

Anthony!

Reaction score
bmorepunk":w1gzt6ph said:
Pandion Haliaetus":w1gzt6ph said:
Anthony!":w1gzt6ph said:

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

yup some people just do not seem to care that the o-line was the worst in the NFl in pass blocking. I guess the defense will score 20 points a game and also play offense.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Anthony!":1icjlk9o said:
yup some people just do not seem to care that the o-line was the worst in the NFl in pass blocking.
A thread about Shaun Phillips being an alternative to Jared Allen is the appropriate place to make this point?

Start your own thread and say whatever you want. Or comment in an offense-related thread, that will work too.

Boiler

Reaction score
I like it. Is Anthony Spencer still available too? With Phillips, Avril, and Spencer, opposing QBs could have Boilermakers coming at them from all sides.

morgulon1

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2u2wgygr said:
Anthony!":2u2wgygr said:
yup some people just do not seem to care that the o-line was the worst in the NFl in pass blocking.
A thread about Shaun Phillips being an alternative to Jared Allen is the appropriate place to make this point?

Start your own thread and say whatever you want. Or comment in an offense-related thread, that will work too.

Im convinced this guy is a SF fan. Just starting stuff. :roll:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Anthony!":315yq2as said:

There you go

"@DavisHsuSeattle: Glen Peer sent me an email talking about Cable & OL...he would rather draft & develop his own guys...he doesnt want Outside FA per Kirwan."

Can we please stop crying about it now?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Anthony!":25bfqb1s said:
Pandion Haliaetus":25bfqb1s said:
Anthony!":25bfqb1s said:

dude I could careless about either of them if they were here I would still say we need to improve the o-line and offense in general, so get off your soap box.

Dude, the topic of this thread Shaun Phillips. If you want to discuss OL, go to a OL-related thread or start one. :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.