Breaking: Jared Allen back for second visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake206

Reaction score
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 23m
Sources: Jared Allen making second visit to SB champion Seahawks and could decide whether to join them in next few days.

Maxman186

Reaction score
Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 5m
Only way Jared Allen would fly back to SEA is if the money was right on both sides- or at least fairly close.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He is reporting what a fan on twatter claimed. We have a thread all about this.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Peeps on high horses from the other thread now on Shetland ponies.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I still think it seems like a reach given the cap situation and what Allen may command/want in a contract. That said, I'd like to see it, but a surprise it would be.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Why is it necessary to call someone out for being wrong about a FA visit or signing?

Every thread seems disintegrate into argument lately.

So what if the op's were wrong, move on.

It's a message board/discussion forum, many folks will be wrong but we are all Seahawks fans here.

Threads are becoming harder to read b/c of the arguments or ad hominem comments.

Fellows, it's early in the preseason and we just won the Super Bowl and have the horses here or soon may do so to repeat. Let's be positive and revel in the thoughts of our FO competing for FAs that will improve the team.

I'm curious about Allen and wonder whether Jn'P can convince him to sign here. We'd be better on D with him.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Somewhere in between 18-24 million over 3 years, structured to escape rather easily after one year would work.

As much faith as I have in our ability to find talent in the draft (and we certainly still could draft a DE), picking up Jared Allen would allow Pete and John more flexibility in the draft to find "their" guys.

I highly anticipate that we will go hard after offensive linemen, a corner, a wider receiver, and possibly a linebacker to eventually replace KJ and/or Malcolm.

The only downfall is that (though most expect Earl to be extended), this would likely decrease the likelihood that they are able to negotiate with Sherman (maybe I'm wrong here).

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Dang, this crap weather we've been having isn't going to help with the free agents haha. Good news though, clearly they are close on the numbers

Smellyman

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":279fa9fz said:
Dang, this crap weather we've been having isn't going to help with the free agents haha. Good news though, clearly they are close on the numbers

If only Free Angency was in that small window from Mid July to labor day. :)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Guess the guy who has worked for "8 years at the VMAC" is wrong.

This has gotta be pretty close for him to be there again. Otherwise they would just be negotiating on the phone.

davidonmi

Reaction score
you can structure the deal to get out from under it after a year. We have room for this year, especially if we realease carp and farwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.