New Legion of Boom?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This was a subject that NFL insiders on ESPN had in reference to the Patriots secondary. I'm sorry but that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. The Legion of Boom is more than just having two good corners. You gotta have the safeties to help out like Earl and Kam. And each player has to understand what each others assignments are so that they are able to trust each other.

Throwdown

Reaction score
They needa chill.

LOB is forever, and can never be duplicated, and its home is in the shadow of the Space Needle wreaking havoc in a place called the CLink.

Exittium

Reaction score
Nobody can reproduce or make new legion of boom. As our players have not only the skills they have the heart, determination, and bond/brotherhood. Besides being overpriced I think revis just sucks period. And Browner doesn't have any pip in his step. And I don't think the two together will be that great tbh. What NE has are two old CB's one they over paid for the other the NFL has a target on.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Sherman>Revis, Maxwell>Dennard or Browner, Our Safeties>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whoever they put on the field.

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
LOB is a mind set. They can try to duplicate but it's our players that make it what it is. Anything else is just an imitation.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Until a team finds an Earl Thomas, they're not sniffing this secondary

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2z1kdgvr said:

exactamundo. Earl Thomas is a once in a generation player. there won't be another LOB because there won't be another ET.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
You cannot duplicate the Legion of Boom just like you can't duplicate the Steel Curtain. Many will try, and some will be good, but none can duplicate it exactly.

The LOB is too unique.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Sherm's better than Revis, Max is better than Browner, Kam kills everything, and Earl makes the whole thing go...
Ain't nobody recreating the LOB any where else!

suppaball

Reaction score
Not even close I mean that, LOB will be legend .... ... .... Wait for it ... ... Dary!

plyka

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2g6mk5rj said:
This was a subject that NFL insiders on ESPN had in reference to the Patriots secondary. I'm sorry but that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. The Legion of Boom is more than just having two good corners. You gotta have the safeties to help out like Earl and Kam. And each player has to understand what each others assignments are so that they are able to trust each other.

NOt to mention, you gotta prove it on the field by having 2 years of absolutely DOMINATING performances, one of which leads to a superbowl championship! In the Superbowl season, you probably have to be regarded as one of, if not, THE BEST, secondaries of all time. And finally, you gotta come up with your own organic nick-name. When all those criteria are fulfilled, then you can be the new Legion of Boom. Even then it would be called something else, so I guess no one can truly be the new Legion of Boom.

Subzero717

Reaction score
CANHawk":38fxrcqe said:
Hasselbeck":38fxrcqe said:

exactamundo. Earl Thomas is a once in a generation player. there won't be another LOB because there won't be another ET.

Correctamundo

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":16xzno02 said:
CANHawk":16xzno02 said:
Hasselbeck":16xzno02 said:

Correctamundo

KOWABUNGA!

Here's the deal I want to see Seattle give Early.

X-amount (whatever the hell he asks for) / ??? (or whenever he plans on retiring).

lukerguy

Reaction score
First of all Revis isn't a hard hitter. He's a hell of a cover corner but he's not a hard hitter. Oh and who are their safeties again? jk

byau

Reaction score
Exittium":3kfpiefy said:
Nobody can reproduce or make new legion of boom.

LOB is a complete system. It's not just getting the best individual players. The recipe includes heart, willingness to learn technique, great coaches, wanting to play for your teammates, and probably a zillion other intangibles we aren't even aware of.

It's McD's baby. Even if someway somehow other fast food joints might have better individual ingredients than McDonalds, but somehow McD's outsells them all over and over. Seriously, no idea why. But guessing outside of just quality of ingredients there are probably tons of intangibles in the system we don't even know about :)

And when it comes to the Hawks, you'll first be hard pressed to find better individual players. And when you fit them into the system, woooweeeeee!
GO ... HAWKS !!!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
THey will convert Browner to SS
Everyone wants a Kam in the mix, you saw his impact in the SB.
He's a intimidating force back there and would be perfect at that position.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I think the fact that this is even a topic of conversation is incredibly flattering.