I just love this picture

Wartooth

Reaction score
I don't, he was acting childish, and it cost the team.
It was telling on Sound FX from the Super Bowl, when Russell had to tell him to stop clowning, and just get the first down.
I think the showboating is why he isn't still on this team, that idiot look thing he did when ever he made a play.
Team First, Golden gone.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Wartooth":ua6tpcch said:
It was telling on Sound FX from the Super Bowl, when Russell had to tell him to stop clowning, and just get the first down.
I think the showboating is why he isn't still on this team, that idiot look thing he did when ever he made a play.
Team First, Golden gone.

I don't think that had anything to do with why he is not on the team anymore. Offered more money and being in a pass first O were the reasons.

main

Reaction score
I hated when he did that. It was very childish and was embarrassing for the team.

I once saw him catch a first down and start doing push ups on the field. That right there is a sign of a "d-bag".

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Jeeze, it's a young man with swagger that got carried away by the moment. He learned and improved with each mistake. Interesting behavior on this board when one low-browed, bashing post gets closely follow by another. So much pent-up, but petty hatred coming out. I'd like to see how some of the high-and-mighty authors back up their lofty moral standards in real life.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I loved it... Rams DBs probably deserved it. The way Steve Smith erupted on Janoris Jenkins because Rams DBs weren't only talking trash, which is normal but they were taking it to the extreme off-the-field personal life personal.

So, if Golden Tate felt like he had to respond in such a manner, Rams DBs probably deserved every bit of it.

And Rams DBs do deserve a lot of BS handed to them with a fist or waved at them... they are a dirty bunch who plays aggressive but hardly is it contained . A total disregard to within the rules like the Seahawks strive to do while living on the edge of physicality football laws.

kigenzun

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3niw85vu said:
Jeeze, it's a young man with swagger that got carried away by the moment. He learned and improved with each mistake. Interesting behavior on this board when one low-browed, bashing post gets closely follow by another. So much pent-up, but petty hatred coming out. I'd like to see how some of the high-and-mighty authors back up their lofty moral standards in real life.

Agreed. But though beloved by us, after the Fail Mary play, he played up the villain a lot to get some name recognition around the league, and to get another team to give him 31 MILLION DOLLARS in real life.

I have no problem with any of it. He put up 14 to beat the Rams in St. Louis last year. And that win was huge towards home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The pic is a shot of, arguably, the biggest play of the season (notwithstanding Sherman's interception in Houston.), 80 yards to the house, when we were desperate for points on the road in a knock down drag out game.

It was in my mind GT's biggest play as a Seahawk. I mean sure, he barely made it to the end zone he was so busy talking smack & waving bye-bye... but he made it, and helped us to win the Super Bowl, and I got nothing but love for Golden Tate.

As far as high moral standards, that stuff is for people who both brush AND floss.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
He'll be remembered for being on the first Hawks Championship team that left for more money.

Others will be remembered for winning two and three championships with the Hawks... but he will not.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Wartooth":7ahbzbn3 said:
Team First, Golden gone.

How's the weather up there?

drrew

Reaction score
Wartooth":u1ra5al1 said:

It's fine to dislike a guy, but don't make things up. Golden took a step back to try and break a tackle, somehow in your world that's called 'clowning'?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
drrew":2ioxb8ia said:
Wartooth":2ioxb8ia said:

It's fine to dislike a guy, but don't make things up. Golden took a step back to try and break a tackle, somehow in your world that's called 'clowning'?
Or two... or three... or four?

Not commenting on the "clowning" aspect but let's be factual.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Let's forget about Tate. He's a Detroit LieDown now.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1bp1skn5 said:
He'll be remembered for being on the first Hawks Championship team that left for more money.

Others will be remembered for winning two and three championships with the Hawks... but he will not.

Tate didn't get much of a contract offer from Seattle.

So yeah, he left for more money....and apparently a team that wanted him.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I was ok with it when it happened. Told my wife that the rams was probably talkin all kinds of smack to him prior.
He seemed to clean up his game after this too.
I wish we could have kept him and glad he's getting paid now.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
put me in the 'loved it' category.

We watch this game for entertainment, not life lessons and morals. And that sh*t was about the only entertaining part of an otherwise indigestible game.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Hated it because it cost us 15 yards on the kickoff, guaranteeing a return in a close game where one big play could have cost us a win.

What bugged me about the Sound FX bit in the SB was that Tate never answered Wilson; it looked like he never even acknowledged him. That was BS.

Tate was a valuable player for this team and will be tough to replace, but he definitely has some growing up to do.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":150frhle said:
Hated it because it cost us 15 yards on the kickoff, guaranteeing a return in a close game where one big play could have cost us a win.

What bugged me about the Sound FX bit in the SB was that Tate never answered Wilson; it looked like he never even acknowledged him. That was BS.

Tate was a valuable player for this team and will be tough to replace, but he definitely has some growing up to do.

Just because SFX didn't show it does not mean it didn't happen.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1ty9ysw0 said:

They started the next drive at the 22 yard line, instead of the 20 with a touchback... the sky is falling.

GCrow

Reaction score
Arguably one of my favourite plays of the year. What made it so great was he started waving and kept it up from a good 30 yards out(!!!!!!). Just awesome.

Latest posts