Clemons out and McDaniel back implications (Hatcher):

joeshaney

Reaction score
Just food for thought. I was thinking about Jason Hatcher and if the Seahawks were looking to resign McDaniel or bring in Hatcher.

I don't know that the interest in Hatcher has anything to do with McDaniel (or previously McDonald).
Could Hatcher be a cheaper replacement for Red Bryant?
Could Michael Bennett be our replacement for Chris Clemons? I know most people have not considered Bennett a LEO option, but he has spelled Clemons and I strongly believe he could be an UPGRRADE at LEO.

We could run a potential starting DLINE of Bennett/McDaniel/Mebane/Hatcher (with guys like Avril/Irvin/Mayowa coming in to rush).
Our rush D would be pretty darn amazing and we could potentially save money in comparison to Clemons/McDaniel/Mebane/Bryant.

Thoughts?

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Hatcher would be a very nice piece to add to our D-line rotation. Having Hatcher and Bennett rush from the DT positions on 3rd downs would be marvelous!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
joeshaney":1ysu4kye said:
Just food for thought. I was thinking about Jason Hatcher and if the Seahawks were looking to resign McDaniel or bring in Hatcher.

I don't know that the interest in Hatcher has anything to do with McDaniel (or previously McDonald).
Could Michael Bennett be our replacement for Chris Clemons? I know most people have not considered Bennett a LEO option, but he has spelled Clemons and I strongly believe he could be an UPGRRADE at LEO.

We could run a potential starting DLINE of Bennett/McDaniel/Mebane/Hatcher (with guys like Avril/Irvin/Mayowa coming in to rush).
Our rush D would be pretty darn amazing and we could potentially save money in comparison to Clemons/McDaniel/Mebane/Bryant.

Thoughts?

Pete himself said things are evolving. I don't know we are going to see the oversized DE like Red again. At the time when he moved him it made sense because we didn't have much more to work with.....as the season last year moved along you say a bit of a shift. I think Bennett picks up some of Red's snaps......I doubt they sign Hatcher. He left the building, usually if they are going to sign you they don't let you leave.

niveky

Reaction score
Red was the initial anchor in the line due to the lack of talent on the d. He showed a piece that they needed when they converted him to de and he played his role very well. time and time again Carroll has shown that as they get the pieces they need or feel will fit what he WANTS to do, then they will use/find the players they need to fulfill that vision. With Pete that vision is always changing to keep ahead of the curve, so i don't think this approach will ever change. some pieces will still have the same or similar roles, but this defense and to some extent the entire team will continue to adapt it's approach to the game as long as Pete is here.

OP
OP
J

joeshaney

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1k3i3gou said:
joeshaney":1k3i3gou said:

Thoughts?

Pete himself said things are evolving. I don't know we are going to see the oversized DE like Red again. At the time when he moved him it made sense because we didn't have much more to work with.....as the season last year moved along you say a bit of a shift. I think Bennett picks up some of Red's snaps......I doubt they sign Hatcher. He left the building, usually if they are going to sign you they don't let you leave.

I did not realize Hatcher left the building. Source?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
joeshaney":19bm7je8 said:
ImTheScientist":19bm7je8 said:
joeshaney":19bm7je8 said:

Thoughts?

Source?

Google

Basis4day

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1qnqemph said:
joeshaney":1qnqemph said:
ImTheScientist":1qnqemph said:
joeshaney":1qnqemph said:

Thoughts?

Source?

Google

Twitter. He's visiting Oakland today. Someone is going to overpay for this guy. 11 sacks from a DT is hard to bring in on a budget.

OP
OP
J

joeshaney

Reaction score
If google is in source than he probably hasn't even arrived in Seattle yet, lol.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Going to Oakland isn't really "leaving the building".

With Hatcher being in Seattle (VMAC on the lake) today (sunny and beautifu), then traveling to Oakland......that's like advertising FOR Seattle!

Hatcher probably won't be able to come back and sign fast enough after he see's what's waiting for him in Oakland.

I mean really......Hatcher was in Dallas, then got to see the VMAC......you really think Oakland has anything to offer him other than $$$$$?

Maxman186

Reaction score
jdemps":2de6a6wf said:
I don't know. It's pretty nice in Oakland today. Sunny, clear skies, with scattered gun fired coming in toward the evening. High of 666.

Fixed it for you

Basis4day

Reaction score
Frozenropers":4kz83mtf said:
Going to Oakland isn't really "leaving the building".

With Hatcher being in Seattle (VMAC on the lake) today (sunny and beautifu), then traveling to Oakland......that's like advertising FOR Seattle!

Hatcher probably won't be able to come back and sign fast enough after he see's what's waiting for him in Oakland.

I mean really......Hatcher was in Dallas, then got to see the VMAC......you really think Oakland has anything to offer him other than $$$$$?

He wouldn't be the first.

McGruff

Reaction score
The only thing reported regarding Hatcher is that his next planned visit is in Oakland. According to all sources he's still in Seattle, and its entirely possible he doesn't make it to Oakland.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Given the weather here in Seattle today, Hatcher is probably floating on Paul Allen's boat out in front of the VMAC, sunbathing and getting ready for his post contract signing steak dinner tonight.

OP
OP
J

joeshaney

Reaction score
Well, it sounds like what we know for sure is......well nothing.

I hope we can land him, but am wondering if anyone else feels like Bennett would be an awesome LEO (if he needed to be - signing Hatcher, for example).

Our run D would be sick.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
joeshaney":2iolu7w6 said:
I hope we can land him, but am wondering if anyone else feels like Bennett would be an awesome LEO (if he needed to be - signing Hatcher, for example).

Our run D would be sick.

I'm not sure that Bennett would be your "typical" LEO, but I could see the team doing something like this on obvious run downs......

RDE - Bennett
RDT - Mebane
LDT - McDaniel
LDE - Scruggs

That combination should be able to blow up some running plays.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Frozenropers":3jqusbvt said:
joeshaney":3jqusbvt said:

Our run D would be sick.

I'm not sure that Bennett would be your "typical" LEO, but I could see the team doing something like this on obvious run downs......

RDE - Bennett
RDT - Mebane
LDT - McDaniel
LDE - Scruggs

That combination should be able to blow up some running plays.

Don't sleep on Jesse Williams.

OP
OP
J

joeshaney

Reaction score
Yah, technically, I believe that Jordan Hill may be the most likely to replace Clinton McDonald.
Jessie Williams is a question mark.

I do agree that Scruggs has a lot of potential. Still Hatcher on a 1 or 2 year deal would be excellent.