Clinton McDonald to Tampa Bay - 4 years, $12M

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Wow! Well I guess we get compensation picks for him most likely(decent one too).

Laloosh

Reaction score
Boo this, man! Good for him but I liked him in that rotation.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Good for him. I expect Jordan Hill and Greg Scruggs to fight for his snaps this year.

Definitely could not have paid him that much.

mikeak

Reaction score
Amazing - cut less than a year ago ends up having a really good year and signing for $12 million. Maybe he never makes more than $6million out of that contract but still. So close to doing a "regular" job be it good / crappy and ends up with this.

Good for him - good luck!

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Clinton McDonald going to Tampa Bay is a big loss for the Seahawks, bigger than most people realize unless Hill is ready to contribute at a high level.

drdiags

Reaction score
Good turn-around for him. From 53-man cut to a 4 yr deal for $3M/yr. He was playing his butt off when he came back. He was making plays all over the field. I am glad for him and best of luck in Tampa with Lovie. Should fit pretty well.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He was amazing this year. We definitely got the better end of the trade for Kelly Jennings.

He stepped up big time when we had injuries on our D-line early in the year.

After being cut, nice to see him come back strong and get a payday.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3ep4cn54 said:
Clinton McDonald going to Tampa Bay is a big loss for the Seahawks, bigger than most people realize unless Hill is ready to contribute at a high level.

We were never giving him 3M a year. Loss won't be substantial.

Jville

Reaction score
There must be some sort of Tampa Bay - Jacksonville - Seattle triangle at work behind all this player movement.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jville":1520ypqg said:
There must be some sort of Tampa Bay - Jacksonville - Seattle triangle at work behind all this player movement.

Well, the Jacksonville connection is obvious, but Tampa Bay has a lot of cap room, and they're looking to be players. They're said to be front runners for Michael Johnson's services. They're also looking to dump Revis's contract.

Of the McBrothers, McDonald is the one I was hoping we'd keep, and he's also the one I thought we were least likely to keep. I still think Clinton has a lot of upside, but good for him. In his position, he has to go for the money.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":235aygnr said:
SeahawksFanForever":235aygnr said:

We were never giving him 3M a year. Loss won't be substantial.

Nope. Too expensive. Happy for the guy though but all I am saying is that we need his replacement who can play at a high level. He was a very important part of the rotation than most people realize.

Jordan Hill maybe?

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Good for him. He played really well for us last year.