Hypothetical 2013 Seahawk O vs D: How much could they score?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Lets say the 2013 Seahawk offense gets 5 possessions from their own 30 yard line to try and score against the 2013 defense, game conditions. Neutral crowd. What do you think the final score would be? Lets say the only way the Defense can score is by running back a turnover for a TD. Lets also go with the Super Bowl rosters so Harvin is available.

I'd probably guess the offense could move the ball a bit on some of the drives. I feel like the O line would just get manhandled though. Tate will probably get locked down hard on the outside. Wilson has to do a lot with his legs, and some Harvin gadgetry picks up some yards. I like Harvin or Baldwin against WTIII to make some plays. I think it would be very tough sledding for Marshawn because of the O line.

I doubt the defense lets them into the end zone. I'd say they kick 2 field goals but don't turn it over, for a final score of 6-0. Still pretty respectable against an all-time great defense.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The best part is that this is exactly what they face every day in practice. Immovable object meets irresistible force.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I feel like the run game (Lynch and Wilson) would have some success against the D. Heck we saw what Kraep did the NFC championship game. Harvin wins if Thurmonds on him.

titan3131

Reaction score
Well I know going into the playoffs there was a piece where Russell said he was really excited about the last practice, because it was only the 2nd time or so that the Offense beat the Defense in practice.

A final Season count of practice wins would be a nice question to ask him while he is doing all this media...

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't think many points would be scored. The D last year was historically one of the best ever. The O was above average but not great so I think the D dominates.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well our defense in 2013 was one of the greatest statistical defenses in NFL history, so I'd say they could probably hold our offense down.

Hard to tell also because the two sides know EVERY facet of what the other is doing. But if I had to say I'd go with our offense scoring 7-10 pts on our defense in a 4 qtr game. Russell could make some plays, but that's about it. Lynch would be shut out.

Skottt

Reaction score
I'd say with only 5 possessions it's likely to end 0-0. Our offense doesn't make many turnovers. But Harvin is the wild card. It's possible he breaks free for a TD.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":k1xymal5 said:
Well our defense in 2013 was one of the greatest statistical defenses in NFL history, so I'd say they could probably hold our offense down.

Hard to tell also because the two sides know EVERY facet of what the other is doing. But if I had to say I'd go with our offense scoring 7-10 pts on our defense in a 4 qtr game. Russell could make some plays, but that's about it. Lynch would be shut out.

The thing is, familiarity usually favors the defense. It's why division games are usually lower scoring and closer.

Give a defense some time to prepare and they typically hold an offense to fewer points, due to familiarity.

Our defense shuts out offense out. None of our WR's beats our secondary; Harvin can beat our slot guy, but Chancellor would knock him out in the first possession. Lynch breaks some tackles, but not enough to score. Hard to say if our defense can score on a turnover, but in 5 possessions, I'd say our defense gets some kind of turnover. Wilson gets picked in practice all the time, and Lynch has been known to put the ball on the ground against lesser defenses.

Penman96

Reaction score
Hmmm 5 possessions, that's about a half a game (providing we didn't go three and out most of the time)

With Harvin I'm thinking we get 10 points. Our O-line has handled front 7 units that are as good as ours. I'd say SF's front 7 is as good as ours...we still moved the ball. But SF doesn't have nearly the secondary we have so moving the ball would obviously be more difficult.

Without Harvin it would be too easy for our D to just key on the run, and attack Wilson. We get no points, and probably surrender a safety.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I remembered hearing that Harvin shredded the defense pretty consistently when he could practice.
His biggest fan on the team seems to be Sherman.

It's weird to see a team so full of talented players just standing in awe, watching one guy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
In your setup defense wins but in a whole game? 13-7 offense. Harvin is just THAT good and we will see this starting in September. By himself he elevates the offense from good to dangerously good/elite without accounting for Wilson's growth in year 3.

Sac

Reaction score
5 possessions? 13 points.

Punt
Punt
FG
FG
TD

Defense would win early, but Russ doesn't turn it over. Marshawn wears them down a bit until RW finally gets them to commit on a fake and strikes deep on play action.

Perfundle

Reaction score
I'd also like to know how Seattle's awesome kickoff coverage unit would do against Harvin, assuming that Hauschka doesn't kick it out of the endzone.

Latest posts