How do you post pictures on this forum

cgfcgf

Reaction score
Can someone give me a quick rundown. I don't sunscribe to any service. I have some superbowl pictures and just got back from Disney and also want to post one or two of "I'm going to Disneyworld" in my jersey that has stuck with me for the last 2 playoffs (29 jersey if anyone saw me there this weekend).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I use paint.net. It is a free download. I then use it to scale the picture down to the amount of pixels allowed by the message box. I try to scale it down to 165pixels x 165pixels. Then when you post in the site, it is an upload of a jpg usually. Good luck. If you need to, send it to me pm and I shall post.

Also use the Preview button before posting to check to see if that is what you want to post. That is another great thing about our postability.

:thirishdrinkers:

kidhawk

Reaction score
If you just want to post pics for people to see and you have a facebook account or Flickr, you can upload your pictures to your account and then paste the image url here between the tags and it will show up. If you don't have one of those, any image hosting site is fine, you just have to be able to get them online to post them in a thread. Just try not to make the pics too large or it can be a bit troublesome for people with slower internet speeds or small screens to read the thread.

Also there is a great thread where people post pictures in the Lounge that you can find here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=555

OP
OP
cgfcgf

cgfcgf

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't have facebook flikr or other. Let me try the other route and see what happens. Thanks again, Go Hawks.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
cgfcgf":2krfh5sc said:
Thanks. I don't have facebook flikr or other. Let me try the other route and see what happens. Thanks again, Go Hawks.

I like imgur.com. Simple and effective.

kidhawk

Reaction score
cgfcgf":2ggpg0cl said:

flickr is just one of many different sites that allow you to upload pictures to the internet. I believe it's still free to use and if not a quick google search will find you free options. Basically you just have to get the pictures online.

Also one more thing, there is a program for mobile phones called tapatalk (I think that's the correct spelling). I believe you used to be able to load pictures directly from a mobile device onto the forum using this, but I'm not sure if this is still an option on their app or not, because I've never actually used it myself. Just wanted to throw it out there as a possible option. There are quite a few here who use it though so hopefully one of them can chime in on this part

The Radish

Reaction score
cgfcgf":x9k12brh said:
Can someone give me a quick rundown. I don't sunscribe to any service. I have some superbowl pictures and just got back from Disney and also want to post one or two of "I'm going to Disneyworld" in my jersey that has stuck with me for the last 2 playoffs (29 jersey if anyone saw me there this weekend).

You can post pictures from your own computer. All you need to do is go to the Lounge forum and then FAQ string. It highlights how to post pictures here both from a hosting service or your own computer files.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":zkovx3kv said:
cgfcgf":zkovx3kv said:

I post here almost exclusively from my phone, so I just created an imgur account. Thanks for that; great, quick way to upload pics from my phone to their site & get a link.
However, when I tried to post a pic here, all I got was a little box that said "image", so I'm clearly doing something wrong. Any idea where I screwed up?
I used the "Img" button and put the URL in-between the tags.
Thanks!

kidhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":2s0q0801 said:
Zebulon Dak":2s0q0801 said:
cgfcgf":2s0q0801 said:

I post here almost exclusively from my phone, so I just created an imgur account. Thanks for that; great, quick way to upload pics from my phone to their site & get a link.
However, when I tried to post a pic here, all I got was a little box that said "image", so I'm clearly doing something wrong. Any idea where I screwed up?
Thanks!

Is there any type of setting on that site that keeps your images private? If so you may need to change the setting so they can be seen publicly. I haven't used that site, so I can't say for certain but I've seen that issue before from other sites

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
kidhawk":2qxcdczb said:
SeahawksBMX":2qxcdczb said:
Zebulon Dak":2qxcdczb said:
cgfcgf":2qxcdczb said:

Thanks!

Is there any type of setting on that site that keeps your images private? If so you may need to change the setting so they can be seen publicly. I haven't used that site, so I can't say for certain but I've seen that issue before from other sites

Just checked and the default setting was indeed private. I changed it to public & did a print preview. Success. Thanks, man!